Sign in to follow this  
Cronus

New addition

4 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Commercial rates chest supported tbar row. Got it for 350 quid

Will do a nice paint job on it at some point. Broke my back bringing in myself but now it's up I'm stoked to use it later 

IMG_20201121_165608.thumb.jpg.774643ac216181545474959cb091f12e.jpg

Hate to say it but couldn’t you do this with an Olympic bar?

4 hours ago, Cronus said:

Possibly, I honestly just like to collect equipment, I don't even lift 

Sure you do. That one on the radiator :thumbup1:

Nice bit of kit tho, I’d be happy with that. 

37 minutes ago, Simon90 said:

Nice mate. Are those white handles wide grip handles? Or is it neutral grip only 

It's got 3 bar variations, underhand (not tried) wide pronated, which I couldn't really get a feel for and lastly kind of v handles, which felt amazing, contraction right through lats to my upper mid back. 

It's feels quite different from a Barbell row. 

The the reason I wanted one is with BB rows practically bent over at 45 degrees and feel its becoming too much fatigue for my lower back, seeing as I do standing underhand rows on the Leverage system, DB rows, squats and rdls throughout the week. 

I'm 32 next year and just thinking about longevity. I want to be able to lift till my old age. That's why I try perform quality work and form, hold and slows negatives where I can and be smart with my training. Inverted rows are another movement I've incorporated to save my lower back

Sorry, but of rant answer to your question. 

9 minutes ago, Cronus said:

It's got 3 bar variations, underhand (not tried) wide pronated, which I couldn't really get a feel for and lastly kind of v handles, which felt amazing, contraction right through lats to my upper mid back. 

It's feels quite different from a Barbell row. 

The the reason I wanted one is with BB rows practically bent over at 45 degrees and feel its becoming too much fatigue for my lower back, seeing as I do standing underhand rows on the Leverage system, DB rows, squats and rdls throughout the week. 

I'm 32 next year and just thinking about longevity. I want to be able to lift till my old age. That's why I try perform quality work and form, hold and slows negatives where I can and be smart with my training. Inverted rows are another movement I've incorporated to save my lower back

Sorry, but of rant answer to your question. 

Really good bit of kit that mate.

Can also get landmines really cheap as well...... my favourite bit of kit for my back by a mile 

26 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Those things literally give me hernia’s in my lower stomach 

I actually know what toy mean. I've only ever tried other tbar rows and one of them, I found I got the same uncomfortable feeling in the lower abs. 

This one I have has no step platform, so you are quite hunched into the support, I'm not sure if that's why it feels better. The only negative thing I found is you have to be evry particular with the chest placement as even slightly too low and there is too much pressure on my diaphragm, which screws up my breathing during the lift. The vbar handles seem to really nicely allow the distribution onto the back and lats, but the wide grip straight handle doesn't feel good. The underhand looks awkward as f**k 

7 minutes ago, Cronus said:

I actually know what toy mean. I've only ever tried other tbar rows and one of them, I found I got the same uncomfortable feeling in the lower abs. 

This one I have has no step platform, so you are quite hunched into the support, I'm not sure if that's why it feels better. The only negative thing I found is you have to be evry particular with the chest placement as even slightly too low and there is too much pressure on my diaphragm, which screws up my breathing during the lift. The vbar handles seem to really nicely allow the distribution onto the back and lats, but the wide grip straight handle doesn't feel good. The underhand looks awkward as f**k 

You’ll get used to it with the breathing. 

Such an expensive bit of equipment for what seems to be achieved with a barbell but I understand you could say me jumping out of a plane is expensive so it’s horses for courses. If it makes you happy and improves your life then enjoy it mate. I don’t even use one in the gym but that’s me 

I have something similar in my own home gym, but it doesn't have the chest support and instead has a support for your feet, so when you're doing it, it essentially feels like a barbell row. However I feel it hits my upper back better so I do it along with barbell row. 

Nice addition. Free weights are always top for me, but I love machines for the back.

8 hours ago, Tricky said:

Such an expensive bit of equipment for what seems to be achieved with a barbell but I understand you could say me jumping out of a plane is expensive so it’s horses for courses. If it makes you happy and improves your life then enjoy it mate. I don’t even use one in the gym but that’s me 

Worth every penny to not use tax lower back IMO. 

17 hours ago, Cronus said:

Commercial rates chest supported tbar row. Got it for 350 quid

Will do a nice paint job on it at some point. Broke my back bringing in myself but now it's up I'm stoked to use it later 

IMG_20201121_165608.thumb.jpg.774643ac216181545474959cb091f12e.jpg

Just bought a chest supported row for my gym as it happens. Great bit of  kit 

4 hours ago, Bensif said:

Just bought a chest supported row for my gym as it happens. Great bit of  kit 

Do you never find u run out of lung power on a chest supporter row? I swear that always gets me first  lol

2 hours ago, theyouth said:

Do you never find u run out of lung power on a chest supporter row? I swear that always gets me first  lol

Yeah I've posted above that especially with my tbar row you have to be very particular where your chest goes on the pad as you can end up putting too much pressure on the diaphragm if even slightly too low.

Maybe I'm too skinny, although my chest is easily my largest and impressive body part, think I won the genetic card there

2 hours ago, theyouth said:

I know what you mean, it puts a lot of pressure there for sure. Love the movement though