Philfg

Do a good deed.

22 minutes ago, safc49 said:

Im guessing you are in your 30's or above? 

Its the younger generations I've noticed are selfish twats when it comes to helping others. Not all younger people but the good manners seem to be degrading with each generation 

Yeah I'm 45 mate. We've all discussed this before on here, but I agree. Manners etc and kindness are disappearing from modern Britain.

I used to love listening to my gran and her tales about post war. People genuinely cared back then. 

I don’t mind a good deed when ever I can . Makes me laugh tho when people have to post a video or a status  on Facebook of what they done today , mostly of helping the homeless  wanting a big pat on the back . I don’t feel you have to let the whole world know You did a act of kindness 

Just now, gymaddict1986 said:

Makes me laugh tho when people have to post a video or a status of what they done.

This just erases the good deed in my eyes.

Attention seeking at its best.

I try and do as many good deeds a day as possible, I don’t go looking for them or force them but when the chance arises I will always take them.

Its nice to be nice.

Danny.

5 hours ago, Philfg said:

Funny, I try to do a good deeds, just the simple things, let someone out at a junction, let someone in front of you at the checkout with less stuff. I let women walk in front of me or hold a door. Stuff that takes nothing to do but can have a positive impact on someone's day. 

I did a good deed a bit more than the above the other day and I was amazed at how shocked the person was that I'd stop to help them and I just wondered is it just me or do others do it. 

Years gone buy it was the norm, people would do things to help others, why has this stopped? 

Try and do as much as poss mate. Just good manners and what I  believe in. It usually gets ruined when someone doesn’t thank me so I verbally and physically threaten them and end up stalking them for 6 months until they finally break. 

Jokes aside, people in London are often a bit more miserable ime. I now work in a hospital which has renewed my faith in humans actually giving a fcuk. 

As you say it doesn’t take much to offer someone right of way, hold a door etc. I’m from the West Country where little villages/towns are very common. 

Shame it’s become less like this. Many of the youth are a fcuking disgrace. Rude little bastards. When we were young we were brought up to be polite towards women especially with babies & the elderly. Think if you were like it when you’re younger you carry it through. 

5 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

When we were young we were brought up to be polite towards women especially with babies & the elderly. Think if you were like it when you’re younger you carry it through. 

100% brought up this way as well.

4 hours ago, Pez189 said:

I give homeless people food and drink quite often. If im getting a coffee for example, il just grab a croissant and give it to someone. 

Central London has a massive homeless-ness problem, the salaries walking past every day, it costs very little to make someone’s day a little better. 

Me and my ex missus were going for a day out in London about 5 years ago. Just outside Waterloo station, down the steps, homeless people are usually sat. 

There was this young girl. 17-19, Indian looking. She looked quite rough. We offered to buy her some food, soft drink/hot drink. We walked off to Nero or Starbucks.

We come back with sandwich, hot croissant, orange juice, hot chocolate, flapjack etc. This,though, isn’t the point.

When we gave her the food she thanked us and asked ‘what would you  like me to do for you? I will do anything you want?’ We were fcuking stunned!! When we said we didn’t want anything from her she looked even more stunned! Very sad. Upset me and the missus. The girl had tears when we said we didn’t want anything from her. 

30 minutes ago, gymaddict1986 said:

I don’t mind a good deed when ever I can . Makes me laugh tho when people have to post a video or a status  on Facebook of what they done today , mostly of helping the homeless  wanting a big pat on the back . I don’t feel you have to let the whole world know You did a act of kindness 

Some cnut premiership footballer did this on Instagram or some other social media platform. He played for Arsenal and posted (still winds me op thinking about it) 

‘Gave a Homeless person £10 this morning. Not guna lie, it felt good!’

CNUT! 

5 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Me and my ex missus were going for a day out in London about 5 years ago. Just outside Waterloo station, down the steps, homeless people are usually sat. 

There was this young girl. 17-19, Indian looking. She looked quite rough. We offered to buy her some food, soft drink/hot drink. We walked off to Nero or Starbucks.

We come back with sandwich, hot croissant, orange juice, hot chocolate, flapjack etc. This,though, isn’t the point.

When we gave her the food she thanked us and asked ‘what would you  like me to do for you? I will do anything you want?’ We were fcuking stunned!! When we said we didn’t want anything from her she looked even more stunned! Very sad. Upset me and the missus. The girl had tears when we said we didn’t want anything from her. 

I’d have at least got a three some going!

4 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

It’s Very sad. And To think there are people out there that take advantage of these people because of their vulnerability and circumstances, it’s horrible. Good on you for what you did though :thumbup1:

I was driving to work once, I saw a pedestrian drop her phone. Long story short, I had to drive around for 10 minutes to pick it up and return it to her. Not so much as a thank you, just snatched it out if my hand. Wish I’d run the kunting thing over now... :lol:

True story that hasn’t stopped me good deeding 

3 minutes ago, Spieren said:

I was driving to work once, I saw a pedestrian drop her phone. Long story short, I had to drive around for 10 minutes to pick it up and return it to her. Not so much as a thank you, just snatched it out if my hand. Wish I’d run the kunting thing over now... :lol:

I found one once and tried to sell it in a phone shop....ooooh the looks I got!!

7 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

It’s Very sad. And To think there are people out there that take advantage of these people because of their vulnerability and circumstances, it’s horrible. Good on you for what you did though :thumbup1:

I had a cousin who was preyed on by criminal drug addicts...they got her hooked up on crack and heroin she ended up becoming a brass.

1 hour ago, PSevens2017 said:

It’s 10am. Tricky started drinking at 7am. Topping up from last night :beer:

Funny your half right. I got in from nightshift at 7am and started drinking then slept from 1000-1430

8 minutes ago, Tricky said:

So you don’t do it for men?

If I was approaching a door at the same time as a man, cause I would. 

Most people would charge through and let it slam on your face, that shortly follows with a sarcastic Thankyou.

You should try it on a women, see if its sexist. I bet they say thank you and smile rather than slap you round the dish and say sexist pr**k, just saying. 

1 hour ago, PSevens2017 said:

Horrible to think that's what she thought, favour for a favour. 

That was the whole point of this thread, not to brag, but I was more shocked at their reaction, they were shocked I'd stopped to try and help.

2 hours ago, KETONES said:

I had a cousin who was preyed on by criminal drug addicts...they got her hooked up on crack and heroin she ended up becoming a brass.

Did she continue to charge you?

I always try to let people in lane and let them out at junctions, let people cross roads if they're on an island in middle of road etc, etc. 

It's amazing how Kuntish most people are when they get behind the wheel of a motor. A lot would literally rather see someone have a head on collision at 70mph than let them in lane if they feel they have the right of way. 

It always amuses me how near schools mums in cars with their fat brats in the back don't stop to let the mum's /kids cross the road.  

One time I held and door for a girl she barked do you think I'm incapable of opening a door. . I just said not sure you could read pull.