Sign in to follow this  
Tricky

Anyone like the air and or the sea?

5 hours ago, Spieren said:

I’m a scuba diver. BSAC Advanced & OWI. I’ve dived in warmer climates (aka blue water) but much prefer UK diving, so much more apprehension and adrenaline involved, you never know how it’s going to be. 

Had a year out last year, learnt to sail. Also have power boat ticket. Safe to say I love the coast and the sea :thumbup1:

Have you tried cave diving? 

2 hours ago, Restless83 said:

If you can belay for him Phil there's some great high walls,a couple of them have auto belays set at the top of the climb but I don't trust them rather have someone who I trust on the floor.

Auto belay.  Literally a jump of faith 

2 hours ago, Spieren said:

Do you know Stoney Cove in Stoney Stanton, Mate.?  It’s an inland divers haven :thumbup1:

I did a lot of training in stoney. 

Had to help in diver recovery of 2 dead guy's  . They sat on the bottom at deepest part. Got narked and just ran out of air.

They had both taken their fins off and stuck themy in the ground  very strange. 

I got lost on the bottom doing navigation training as my compus just pointed at the helicopter 

If men were supposed to be in the air we would have wings. If we were suposed to be in the sea we'd have fins. I'll stay on dry land eating my delicious pizza thankyou very much. 

12 hours ago, sean m said:

Have you tried cave diving?

I dive Sidemount mate, cave system. I looked into UK cave diving, it’s 70% walking across fields for miles and 3m viz is as good as it gets. 
Mexico is the place to go if you fancy it mate. 

12 hours ago, sean m said:

Had to help in diver recovery of 2 dead guy's  . They sat on the bottom at deepest part. Got narked and just ran out of air.

I got lost on the bottom doing navigation training as my compus just pointed at the helicopter 

That’s fukin grim Mate. They must have been narked of their tits. Problem is, bravado trumps training sometimes. Sad in any case. 
I only go down the 35m pit once or twice pre season, just to get dived up. I get noticeably narked at 42m exactly, regardless of mix. 

Stoney is like the Bermuda Triangle for compass work, I always end up at the coach... :lol:

14 hours ago, sean m said:

They used to have bike/classic car meet there, unsure if it still meets though. I take my lunch break there if I’m working in that area. 

3 hours ago, Spieren said:

I dive Sidemount mate, cave system. I looked into UK cave diving, it’s 70% walking across fields for miles and 3m viz is as good as it gets. 
Mexico is the place to go if you fancy it mate. 

That’s fukin grim Mate. They must have been narked of their tits. Problem is, bravado trumps training sometimes. Sad in any case. 
I only go down the 35m pit once or twice pre season, just to get dived up. I get noticeably narked at 42m exactly, regardless of mix. 

Stoney is like the Bermuda Triangle for compass work, I always end up at the coach... :lol:

I've spent 3 weeks diving a  few different caves in Mexico was the clearest water I've ever seen. Literally looked like floating in air.  Some were a long walk into the jungle lugging all the gear. Hot and getting eaten by insects.  But would definitely got again. 

It's good to know your nark depth so you can predict it. 

I was doing a normal air dive on holiday on a wreck at 35m . Caught myself following a octopus down under the wreck with big grin on my face at 40m realised my head was buzzing as much as my computer. 

DSCF3696.JPG

14 minutes ago, sean m said:

I was doing a normal air dive on holiday on a wreck at 35m . Caught myself following a octopus down under the wreck with big grin on my face at 40m realised my head was buzzing as much as my computer. 

Trouble is, it feels so good :lol:

Will defo have a cheeky cave dive if we holiday in Mexico, may even get my cavern ticket if the Mrs lets me. :lol:

On 21/11/2020 at 9:13 PM, EpicSquats said:

If men were supposed to be in the air we would have wings. If we were suposed to be in the sea we'd have fins. I'll stay on dry land eating my delicious pizza thankyou very much. 

This is true! That's why noone has ever been able to make any boat from any material that the sea will not rot through if not anti fouled every so often. 

Did a couple of tandem jumps years ago and absolutely loved it, always fancied doing the Aff but finances never allowed.... tried scuba just once and it did nothing for me so never pursued it even though loads of my mates are complete nuts for it and dive all over the world. I LOVED bungee jumping for a time too, always had fun doing that.... currently trying to learn to surf as the weathers warming up:thumb

I've swam in the sea and was a roofer for a while. Apart from that, I hate flying, scared of rollercoasters and even a bit of a pussy at sea. I did travel from koh phangan to koh samui on a longtail boat after having some magic mushrooms. I enjoyed that.