Sasnak

James Haskell. Natty or not?

18 minutes ago, Philfg said:

50/50

Same for me but I went natural because he was always a unit in his playing days. Contrary to what some believe there is no steroid use in the English National Team.

12 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Same for me but I went natural because he was always a unit in his playing days. Contrary to what some believe there is no steroid use in the English National Team.

He’s also been training bjj and then MMA at London Shootfighters. They’re one of Europe’s top MMA gyms. Very well respected team. Coaches Paul Ivens and Alex Demetriades are from exceptional combat background. Paul Ivens is a beast. 

Haskells work rate as a rugby player was outstanding imo. Crossover to MMA will suit him..

I’d go natural. Shootfighters wouldn’t have him juicing and representing them. 

27 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Not sure I buy that entirely mate - absolutely rife in League and the change in some physiques when the game went professional was pretty obvious.

Check out pics of Dallaglio earlier in his career - had a huge weight/size gain over a year or so.  Was definitely assisted in putting on that level of size so quickly.

I know Union is tested to f**k nowadays at but that doesn’t mean it’s not happening. 

5 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

I know Union is tested to f**k nowadays at but that doesn’t mean it’s not happening

It isn’t. Mate of mine and I’m not going to name him played premier league, england and lions. Same era as Dallaglio and he told me that none of them used drugs. He’s a lifelong friend and I believe him. These guys are genetically gifted anyway. With that said if anyone was a rogue in the system then it would have probably been Dallaglio.

I would say natural. He has been training in one way or another from a very early age so has a good foundation. He was always renowned for his all-out work ethic when it came to training.

Natty i reckon, he's played top top level sport, to even be capable of that implies top tier genetics, drugs or no drugs. After all you can increase strength and fitness with drugs but things like the vertical jump are pretty much determined at birth. I can't recall whose instagram it was but it might have been juggernaut systems, Chad Wesley,  he coaches some of the US bobsleigh guys and he had a video of one of them doing a box jump and it was unreal, virtually bloody head height. That's just pure natural ability,  take your average gym rat, bang him full of all you want but he'll never have that level of explosiveness. Anyone see the video of BJ Penn ( i think, MMA guy ) where he's in a pool up to just below waist height and he jumps out and lands both feet on the pool side!!! These people are outliers, they have exceptional genes for athletic pursuits. 

Pretty sure Sugar Shane Mosley could bench 140kg for reps and the guy fought at welter and middle weights! Drugs or not that's another example of what top level genetics can achieve. 

20 minutes ago, MTM1 said:

Pretty sure Sugar Shane Mosley could bench 140kg for reps and the guy fought at welter and middle weights! Drugs or not that's another example of what top level genetics can achieve. 

Highly doubtful and that's being generous. 

3 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Not had a thread like this for a while so here we go. I’m saying natural.

D6CDCCBE-E9E7-481D-B1E6-162293AE9034.png

Def could be natty. Has some good genes, good legs, good looking arms, nice traps,the chest is nothing special, not liking the thick waist though, yes, yes I know it's genes ,but the V look is missing.

10 minutes ago, alphafit said:

Def could be natty. Has some good genes, good legs, good looking arms, nice traps,the chest is nothing special, not liking the thick waist though, yes, yes I know it's genes ,but the V look is missing.

He’s not a body builder. Cardio machine and strong. He’s training different energy systems . Has done all his life. 

Energy systems to most on here is 3 cans of monster and Performance charge 

7 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

He’s not a body builder. Cardio machine and strong. He’s training different energy systems . Has done all his life. 

Energy systems to most on here is 3 cans of monster and Performance charge 

Oh, than yeah the guy seems pretty big and I don't really know him and was judging him in a bodybuilding aspect. If he is a cardio machine and focusing on his fuctional training, then he is def a beast. His physique looks like a athlete that plays rugby, or wrestling or sprinting something that requires explosiveness.

1 minute ago, alphafit said:

Oh, than yeah the guy seems pretty big and I don't really know him and if he is a cardio machine and focusing on his fuctional training, then he is def a beast. His physique looks like a athlete that plays rugby, or wrestling or sprinting something that requires explosiveness.

Rugby player mate. Premiership and international. Was a beast on the pitch. Now retired but training MMA. 

I can tell you one thing, he acts like an arrogant pr**k :lol: I had to search him when I was working in security in the airport and he had a right melt down. His reaction just made me take 10x longer :thumbup1: