Sign in to follow this  

Blood results, bit worried.

Hello guys, just got some bloods done, I've had bits done in the past but never in this depth. Have been cruising 20mg per day test e for 12 weeks now. Test etc is a bit high, I am going to lower to 15mg per day to bring this more into normal range. I want to cruise most of the year now and just feel good day to day rather than chase the gains, will blast once a year probably before a summer.

I am concerned about the prolactin which seem off the scale high. haemocrit is also very high (test was done 15 mins after waking up so was probably very dehydrated which didn't help that result)

If anyone can offer any advice I would very much appreciate it.

Should also mention I take 1mg Finasteride and have done for well over a decade probably 13-14 years now, way before I started lifting or going the gym.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 20.00.30.png

Don't quote me on this but I'm sure I read on here another member had been using finasteride and his numbers were shot too. 

Think it was his shbg that was high.

Might be worth a search see what was said. 

Your RBC/hematocrit are really high , this is worrying not the prolactin.

I'm sure fina has it 's role in the prolactin rise.

Since you take fina , you can't even donate blood..

21 hours ago, Baka said:

Your RBC/hematocrit are really high , this is worrying not the prolactin.

I'm sure fina has it 's role in the prolactin rise.

Since you take fina , you can't even donate blood..

Yeah, thats a bit of a bummer although I lean more towards the opinion that the high HCT/Haemoglobin is ok AS LONG as its not accompanied by a high platelet count, which is what actually causes blood to clot. That seems fine.
A lot of the high HCT stuff is just regurgitated on the internet without people knowing the difference between Erythrocytosis and Polycythemia. 

Though do suspect the HCT will fall during the next 4-5 months, would probably be 2% lower if I hydrated instead of drawing blood 10 mins after waking up ? was on a pretty long cycle before this current 11 week cruise. Going down to 105mg a week - 15mg a day, going to try and get berthing in range for a good year and have a break. 

Shite with all the gyms closed for half of the year! ?

Don’t know much at all about prolactin hence the natural worry! 

Done some reading today and going to give vitamin b6 a go for that. 

Probably add some grapefruit supplements too to get the hct down quicker. 

ACB3A56D-AF55-4A29-8291-ABACA5B5A69C.png

AE102BC4-D17F-4CCD-B1E6-AB1898F4DFD5.png

6CB423D0-D2E4-47AC-979D-BBBD122C8218.png

D598A8F5-34DD-4048-959D-950580D5059F.png

F84D3AC3-BF31-4184-90F7-46C168C9BFB3.png

@1878 check what I posted 2 weeks ago :     It is dangerous at your levels , 58% is too high.

Increase in RBCS is dose dependent for exogenous T. So the more you take, the more you make(rbcs). This has been proven with linear dosages that increase from microdoses to larger doses up to 600mg/week.

The main mode of action is hepicidin regulation. Hepicidin is used to regulate Iron absorption from your diet. This mechanism is needed to protect us from toxic iron overload.

So when a normal person without aas on board ingest iron through their diet they absorb about 5 to 35% of it, if the body detects too much iron it will release hepicidin to bind to this iron to eliminate intracellular transport(ferroportin) from absorbing excess iron.

In our case exogenous aas decreases hepicidin which allows us to absorb more iron.

It should be noted that neither estrogen or DHT is needed to increase RBCs, both have been blocked and showed no impact at reducing rbc production, so all it takes is Testosterone to increase rbcs by direct stimulation of bone marrow.

So we are using androgens to induce hepicidin suppression which increases splenic ferroportin(intracellular transport in cells) which increase iron absorption, and iron incorporation into new rbc production.

You have no choice but to keep removing blood and take a low dose vitamin containing iron on an empty stomach along with a vitamin C to increase absorption of this iron, about two hours before you eat so you can have the best chance at maximizing oral iron absorption.

RBC production is constantly pulling from your stores of iron, b12, folate, so you are depleting these resources no matter what as long as you keep injecting aas. (I had almost 0 folates before supplementation)

This isn’t an issue of EPO either as there has been no evidence of elevated EPO levels in those that have secondary erythrocytosis from aas.

So the only logical approach is: Frequent therputic phlebotomy with oral iron supplementation is the “ONLY” approach for long term aas or trt. There is no silver bullet to rid yourself of this problem. If you try to go too long without removing blood you feel like crap from blood that is too viscous, slowing circulation, causing the heart and lungs to work harder. If you rob yourself of iron you will experience low iron stores which can also cause extreme fatigue, shortness of breath, restless leg syndrome and decline in concentration and focus.

If one removes blood too often and doesn’t replace the iron you’ll run into microcytic anemia as the body adapts by making smaller rbcs(due to less iron) that are less effective at oxygenation of tissues.

So 10mg of oral iron supplementation every single day along with vitamin C, and therapeutic phlebotomy every 56 days through a blood donation.

This will keep you symptom free from low iron and high hct. It’s what you’re stuck with unless you want to get off gear.

No one has ever solved this issue, it’s the reason doctors take men off trt. Sure the body will adjust eventually to a higher hct, but some of us will continue to produce more and more rbcs until our head is pounding. 

All looks pretty standard for someone injecting testosterone. You can't really get around the blood thickening changes (rbc, haemo etc) I would guess for your HDL to be under normal range , you've been taking orals recently. The raised prolactin , I would guess you've been injecting nor 19s fairly recently (tren/decca). Your LDL is not really bad. Could try cutting red meat/fried food etc slightly to improve a bit, but not very much above normal. 

If you want to get bloods back in normal range, try giving blood from time to time and come off for a few months periodically. 

What's your kidney and liver values like?