Sign in to follow this  
Pez189

Psyllium Husk Powder benefits?

Anyone used this and found it beneficial? 

Was thinking of adding this and possibly inulin to a morning shake. helps With digestion and managing lipid levels apparently. I have GERD and I’ve read it can help with that also. 

Been using psyllium husk in my pre bed greek yogurt for years.

Improved digestion, improved lipid profile, ability to consume more food, decreased risk of bowel cancer.

We eat far more protein than your average person so it stands to reason that we require more fibre. 

10g psyllium husk pre bed will be life long for myself. 

There is a myriad of health benefits and no negatives if you ensure that you are hydrated and get used to the serving size.

29 minutes ago, swole troll said:

Been using psyllium husk in my pre bed greek yogurt for years.

Improved digestion, improved lipid profile, ability to consume more food, decreased risk of bowel cancer.

We eat far more protein than your average person so it stands to reason that we require more fibre. 

10g psyllium husk pre bed will be life long for myself. 

There is a myriad of health benefits and no negatives if you ensure that you are hydrated and get used to the serving size.

Thanks For the reply :thumbup1:  I’m gona order some, I’ve seen it comes in capsules aswell. 

does the powder change the consistency of your yogurt? I’ve read it can make stuff go quite thick, not really a big issue but if I had fage yogurt for example.. not sure I could get it down if it’s any thicker. 

I use it in my before bed shake, and also wouldn't be without.

Keeps you "regular" and prevents a lot of problems with meals sitting in the stomach for too long imo. 

If you let it sit in a liquid it will eventually go almost jelly like, so i usually drink it pretty quickly after making it. I don't notice any real difference then. 

4 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Thanks For the reply :thumbup1:  I’m gona order some, I’ve seen it comes in capsules aswell. 

does the powder change the consistency of your yogurt? I’ve read it can make stuff go quite thick, not really a big issue but if I had fage yogurt for example.. not sure I could get it down if it’s any thicker. 

Ah it's fine mate, it does thicken the yogurt some but it's perfectly palatable 

Just makes the meal more satiating.

As I said I've been chucking 10g of it over skye and fage for years. 

The capsules will likely be ridiculously overpriced for what they are and you'll have to chug quite a few of them to get 10g.

I have constipation think its because of my ritalin also add on high protein makes it so much worse. Psyillium husk sorts me straight out and keeps me going each day.. it seems mad how pooing consistently can affect you but it really does feel sooo much better.

Also had benefits if you take it before a high carb meal helps to slow down digestion or something and lowers cholesterol. 10g a day is plenty bulkpowders has a kilo for like 12 quid.

Make sure to drink water to otherwise it gives you wind and cramps 

On 19/11/2020 at 3:01 PM, Tonysco said:

I use it in my before bed shake, and also wouldn't be without.

Keeps you "regular" and prevents a lot of problems with meals sitting in the stomach for too long imo. 

If you let it sit in a liquid it will eventually go almost jelly like, so i usually drink it pretty quickly after making it. I don't notice any real difference then. 

Mix it with cold water and then once you drink it have a warm glass it helps it to dissolve in stomach better lol