Jump to content
Philfg

The gym build

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KETONES said:

Nice bar that!

I need to sort the garage out but I’ll stick with these plates and just add kit as I go..I’d get select bits not the usual stuff.

26E2CC93-FF5E-403F-8D53-16C0D294BD11.jpeg

06FDCC7C-6B6B-4E07-8546-740F266B2CF6.jpeg

64A8207E-A544-4107-9953-702BF3A79BF2.jpeg

Fancy plates ey. Very nice. 

Mine are the tri grip ones, cheaper than those flash things you've bought. 

Did you have to wait long? I know they are still having 3/4 month wait on their stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Philfg said:

Fancy plates ey. Very nice. 

Mine are the tri grip ones, cheaper than those flash things you've bought. 

Did you have to wait long? I know they are still having 3/4 month wait on their stuff.

1-2 days delivery on the plates, I got polyurethane so I can bump them..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philfg said:

Still waiting on my lat pulldown bar, sick of using my v bar close grip, mmmmmmm :) @BLUE(UK) got to do what you can.

20210123_102011.jpg

That’s ideal although I think I’d use a buckle strap and wrap it round a good few times so it’s less likely to slip sideways if that makes sense? Either way it’ll make you concentrate on what you’re doing so it could be a blessing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BLUE(UK) said:

That’s ideal although I think I’d use a buckle strap and wrap it round a good few times so it’s less likely to slip sideways if that makes sense? Either way it’ll make you concentrate on what you’re doing so it could be a blessing. 

I did think, if this velcro grip goes I'm loosing some teeth. It held 80kg fine though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philfg said:

I did think, if this velcro grip goes I'm loosing some teeth. It held 80kg fine though.

 

Just realised you’re doing pull downs with it. Haha. 
Years ago I got a local bloke with a welder to bend and weld a loop to a bar for me as I prefer a tad thicker bar than the usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Sometimes training in a home garage isn't that great after all. This is the temperature when I finished training this morning and this was after having had a Calor Gas fire on for an hour!

 

20210124_105538.jpg

I'm just sitting down to post workout brunch, bagel, P butter and banana.

I could see my breath in the garage this morning, must have been -2 up here in geordie land this morning. 

Worth it though ain't it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scottysafc said:

If yous are spending ££££'s on equipment surely you can afford some insulation to put up in the roof. Think I've got a few rolls spare - I'll swap you for a squat rack.

I don't mind the cold Scotty. Just happy I've got somewhere to train.

Garage loft is packed with, car exhaust, camping gear, sledges, xmas decorations, it's like Steptoes yard up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

Sometimes training in a home garage isn't that great after all. This is the temperature when I finished training this morning and this was after having had a Calor Gas fire on for an hour!

 

20210124_105538.jpg

Haha, I trained back this morning which isn’t fun gripping the bar but two sets in and I’m fine. Yesterday I trained chest and wore a fleece jacket to keep my arms warm. 
I stopped using a calor heater as they create moisture to rust the kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottysafc said:

If yous are spending ££££'s on equipment surely you can afford some insulation to put up in the roof. Think I've got a few rolls spare - I'll swap you for a squat rack.

My garage is partly under my house and the exposed pitched roof is insulated. It doesn’t really make much difference since the door has plenty of gaps to let the cold wind through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked some 32's up to go with the 27's and 32's 42-45's next when some come up local.... move house in a couple for weeks 2 big garages too choose from so smith machine/power rack coming soon cant wait to mat it out and get set up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, D 4 Damage said:

Just picked some 32's up to go with the 27's and 32's 42-45's next when some come up local.... move house in a couple for weeks 2 big garages too choose from so smith machine/power rack coming soon cant wait to mat it out and get set up! 

You will love it. Its definitely a worth while investment atm. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Philfg said:

You will love it. Its definitely a worth while investment atm. 

 

No doubt mate, enjoying training at home, stick what ever tunes or podcast you want on and get on with it, smith machine and olly bar plus lat pulldown and low row will be awesome and free up more exercises, decent little set up with the dumbbells and ez bars I've already got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×