UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

The gym build

4K views 143 replies 31 participants last post by  vlb 
#1 ·
Thought I'd start a little thread.

Got my floor down today. Measured it about three different ways for fitting, cuts etc. I'm only doing half the garage as the car go's in every night and sorned over the winter months.

I looked at stable mats but decide to get the rubber gym tiles. These are 1mx1m and 2cm thick. Each one weights about 18kg so no worry about moving around.

Here's a few pictures and a few of the bits I've started to collect.

Should have my cage, bench and weights next week, fingers crossed.

Think the bikes are coming off the back wall and I'll put cage facing down.

Left just enough room for the car to get in ok.

Wood Interior design Flooring Floor Building

Wood Road surface Asphalt Flooring Line

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·

Got my floor down today. Measured it about three different ways for fitting, cuts etc. I'm only doing half the garage as the car go's in every night and sorned over the winter months.

I looked at stable mats but decide to get the rubber gym tiles. These are 1mx1m and 2cm thick. Each one weights about 18kg so no worry about moving around.

View attachment 192189

View attachment 192191

View attachment 192193
Doing the same as we speak I'll get some pics up...

#4 ·
I've been looking into them tbh. Theres a perspex type I can get but it needs mounting to a MDF board too. They look like circus mirrors unless they are perfectly flat.

Wish I'd done the walls black and grey but the wife was moaning about not being able to see spiders ;)

#5 ·
I've got 2m60 of matting width down and 5 mtrs long.

Plan is get the cage up on the top wall. The cage is 2mrs in length so should leave some decent working space, put mirrors on the three walls, 2 on left and 1 at the top.

I'd like a small weight bench on the left with a few dumbells, 2x10, 2x20, 2x30, 2x40, not paying covid prices atm.

#14 ·

View attachment 192189

View attachment 192191

View attachment 192193
Looking good but if I were you I'd paint the floor now before you put your cage in (Screwfix floor paint is cheap and good) or everything will get dusty and white.

#16 ·

View attachment 192189

View attachment 192191

View attachment 192193
Few pics of my gym mate...don't mean to be a one upper but ya know!

Leg Exercise equipment Weights Gym Flooring

Rings Gym Exercise equipment Weights Barbell

Building Exercise machine Window Flooring Floor

Tire Crossfit Automotive tire Weights Wheel

Attachments

#52 ·
Well after 4 months of waiting its here. 6 hrs building it single handed.

The bench has not turned up yet and the lat bar. They are going to chase tomorrow.

Have to say the quality is unbelievable, very strong and sturdy rack, German built. Plenty of room inside, I should be able to bench inside it using the back post rather than the front to.

Tire Interior design Wheel Bicycle fork Wood

Wood Beam Shade Metal Ceiling

Wood Floor Flooring Gas Tints and shades

Automotive tire Gas Font Window Machine

Attachments

#55 ·
Well after 4 months of waiting its here. 6 hrs building it single handed.

The bench has not turned up yet and the lat bar. They are going to chase tomorrow.

Have to say the quality is unbelievable, very strong and sturdy rack, German built. Plenty of room inside, I should be able to bench inside it using the back post rather than the front to.

View attachment 193339

View attachment 193341

View attachment 193343

View attachment 193345
If you can't get the bench in due to the pulley, just sit the bench on blocks so it clears it, may need a step for the feet end so you can plant your feet but you'll need a step for deficit deads or even SLDL's.

#72 · (Edited by Moderator)
Gym revolution - I'd source a mate with a welder, £95 - when in stock!

Or have a look on eBay at this guys stuff - prolly better to msg him as some of his descriptions lack clarity... Door Font Musical instrument Screenshot Tool

Head Human body Font Rectangle Magenta

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.