Jump to content
Brollocks

Low libido after regaining fertility

Recommended Posts

Hey 

I have a problem that I'd like some advice on as I'm not sure how to solve it.  Bit of background...

I had been on for more than a decade and needed to come off fully to regain my fertility as the mrs wants a baby.   I was shooting blanks.  Came off, then two weeks later on a dose of 150mg proviron and 100mg clomid for a month. Second month 250mg proviron and 50mg clomid. Third month 150mg proviron and 25mg clomid.  Plus about 20 supplemental pills per day.   After three months for the first time in a year of testing my home sperm test kit showed I was finally in normal sperm range.

 

Came completely off the clomid but stayed on proviron, 75mg a day and continuing to use up my other supplements (fish oils, multivit and all the usual stuff).   My libido is nothing.  I managed to mount up once during her ovulation last month and then force out another one in front of some porn in to a syringe a couple of days later (she wasn't amused but at least got some more in). Still waiting to see if that worked, period is a couple of days late.

Anyway, I still need to fix my libido and bring at least some of it back as this isn't good for my prostate health or marriage.

 I'll be jumping back on a 10 week cycle and doing a proper PCT once her being pregnant is confirmed, but bringing back some of my libido right now is important.

Just to note, I also promised her I would go see a fertility doc in january if she isn't pregnant by then.

Any suggestions?

Thanks chaps, appreciate any help..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brollocks said:

Hey 

I have a problem that I'd like some advice on as I'm not sure how to solve it.  Bit of background...

I had been on for more than a decade and needed to come off fully to regain my fertility as the mrs wants a baby.   I was shooting blanks.  Came off, then two weeks later on a dose of 150mg proviron and 100mg clomid for a month. Second month 250mg proviron and 50mg clomid. Third month 150mg proviron and 25mg clomid.  Plus about 20 supplemental pills per day.   After three months for the first time in a year of testing my home sperm test kit showed I was finally in normal sperm range.

 

Came completely off the clomid but stayed on proviron, 75mg a day and continuing to use up my other supplements (fish oils, multivit and all the usual stuff).   My libido is nothing.  I managed to mount up once during her ovulation last month and then force out another one in front of some porn in to a syringe a couple of days later (she wasn't amused but at least got some more in). Still waiting to see if that worked, period is a couple of days late.

Anyway, I still need to fix my libido and bring at least some of it back as this isn't good for my prostate health or marriage.

 I'll be jumping back on a 10 week cycle and doing a proper PCT once her being pregnant is confirmed, but bringing back some of my libido right now is important.

Just to note, I also promised her I would go see a fertility doc in january if she isn't pregnant by then.

Any suggestions?

Thanks chaps, appreciate any help..

What's your testosterone levels at mate?

Sorry, I know it's a serious question but I can't stop imagining the look on her face when you told her to spread her legs and then ya pulled out a syringe :lol:

Have you tried viagra mate? I assume you have?

Also, bare in mind that proviron in itself is mildly suppressive

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

What's your testosterone levels at mate?

Sorry, I know it's a serious question but I can't stop imagining the look on her face when you told her to spread her legs and then ya pulled out a syringe :lol:

Have you tried viagra mate? I assume you have?

Also, bare in mind that proviron in itself is mildly suppressive

 

Pretty sure @Pscarb used Proviron to improve Sperm motility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dute said:

Surely you want to try some hcg buddy??

I was on HCG for near on a year prior to coming off. to get my nuts fully working. 1000 IU mon wed fri.  Came off HCG when I started the clomid.    At the moment I'm jabbing only about 1000 IU per week. Maybe that's not enough.

7 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

What's your testosterone levels at mate?

Sorry, I know it's a serious question but I can't stop imagining the look on her face when you told her to spread her legs and then ya pulled out a syringe :lol:

Have you tried viagra mate? I assume you have?

Also, bare in mind that proviron in itself is mildly suppressive

 

No, not tried viagra. I suppose that is an option.

Suppression is one thing I didn't know about proviron, but it had been ok until I started the clomid, then went downhill fast.  Two reasons I'm staying on the proviron. Increase sperm numbers and motility and to stop any crash after coming off the test. I haven't lost a lot of muscle in these 4+ months.

I suppose I'll up the HCG to three times a week again to try to counter the suppression. HCG worked well before at upping my libido.  I have no idea what my test levels are at the moment.

 

Thanks for the responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You probably have low E which has made you loose your libido.

 

Reduce Proviron to 25mg.

Clomid 100mg

HCG 500 iu mon ,wed, fri.

HMG 75 iu mon, wed, fri. 

 

You'll get her pregnant fast with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Harry N said:

You probably have low E which has made you loose your libido.

 

Reduce Proviron to 25mg.

Clomid 100mg

HCG 500 iu mon ,wed, fri.

HMG 75 iu mon, wed, fri. 

 

You'll get her pregnant fast with that.

I'll also try dropping the proviron down further, but no way am I going back on the clomid. Had three solid months of that, don't need anymore. Fertility is there now, just no libido to back it up.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Harry N said:

You probably have low E which has made you loose your libido.

 

Reduce Proviron to 25mg.

Clomid 100mg

HCG 500 iu mon ,wed, fri.

HMG 75 iu mon, wed, fri. 

 

You'll get her pregnant fast with that.

In comes the expert!! Has your mum even told you where babies come from yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

Nope.  Proviron fcuks your balls up, terrible idea unless you're on steroids / trt.

Hmmm we have a man that has had success with having children at around 300mg a day using it, a man stating it’s mildly suppressive but covered his arse and then said it can be successful because one of the forum giants has been successful using it and now you saying it f**ks you’re balls up?

A very mixed bag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Hmmm we have a man that has had success with having children at around 300mg a day using it, a man stating it’s mildly suppressive but covered his arse and then said it can be successful because one of the forum giants has been successful using it and now you saying it f**ks you’re balls up?

A very mixed bag?

Not really

Increasing speem motility is an entirely different issue to whether or not it is mildly suppressive

Proviron is widely used for rhis, but everyone I know of who has used it for this has used it while on a cycle or cruise, in which case the fact that proviron is suppressive was not sn issue

The only reason it's an issue in the ops case is because he is off cycle and may well be hindering hiscrecovery/contributing to his ed

So once agaun, drop the immature little snidey comments about me needing to cover my back its just really pathetic mate...uour insecurities are showimg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

Not really

Increasing speem motility is an entirely different issue to whether or not it is mildly suppressive

Proviron is widely used for rhis, but everyone I know of who has used it for this has used it while on a cycle or cruise, in which case the fact that proviron is suppressive was not sn issue

The only reason it's an issue in the ops case is because he is off cycle and may well be hindering hiscrecovery/contributing to his ed

So once agaun, drop the immature little snidey comments about me needing to cover my back its just really pathetic mate...uour insecurities are showimg

 

There’s nothing wrong with covering your arse matey!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

There’s nothing wrong with covering your arse matey!

 

True

Anyway I do apologise...I feel i may have interupted you

I'm sure you're not just on this forum to make immature remarks and unsuccessfully try to catch me out on every post I make

I'm guessing you're on this thread as you have somerhing worthwhile to add

I shall let you enlighten us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

Pretty sure @Pscarb used Proviron to improve Sperm motility.

it does improve motility as well as volume, @stuey99 is correct it is suppressive although to a very low level as it is a mild androgen.

It did not affect my recovery when I used it at its highest dose (500mg per day) as I did recover (although only just into normal levels) but I would not advise anyone to use it if they have ED issues as there are better things for that.

 

On another note guys, lets not do the tit for tat crap it devalues the good information that is shared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pscarb said:

it does improve motility as well as volume, @stuey99 is correct it is suppressive although to a very low level as it is a mild androgen.

It did not affect my recovery when I used it at its highest dose (500mg per day) as I did recover (although only just into normal levels) but I would not advise anyone to use it if they have ED issues as there are better things for that.

 

On another note guys, lets not do the tit for tat crap it devalues the good information that is shared.

I understand big man!

So what’s the protocol with this then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

@stuey99 

 

On another note guys, lets not do the tit for tat crap it devalues the good information that is shared.

Agreed mate 

Once he can move past my posts without making arsey comments we'll be fine

I'll certainly be moving past his, and already am...apart from those where he's tagging me and trying to be a smart arse

@JohnnyD let's give that a try yeah :thumbup1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

I understand big man!

So what’s the protocol with this then?

I don't know buddy I haven't read the thread, I will read it all later and reply 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Brollocks said:

I was on HCG for near on a year prior to coming off. to get my nuts fully working. 1000 IU mon wed fri.  Came off HCG when I started the clomid.    At the moment I'm jabbing only about 1000 IU per week. Maybe that's not enough.

No, not tried viagra. I suppose that is an option.

Suppression is one thing I didn't know about proviron, but it had been ok until I started the clomid, then went downhill fast.  Two reasons I'm staying on the proviron. Increase sperm numbers and motility and to stop any crash after coming off the test. I haven't lost a lot of muscle in these 4+ months.

I suppose I'll up the HCG to three times a week again to try to counter the suppression. HCG worked well before at upping my libido.  I have no idea what my test levels are at the moment.

 

Thanks for the responses.

Let's keep this simple mate

You say you're fertile now 

Only issue is ed right?

Putting all else to one side, the quick easy fix is viagra 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proviron is suppressive for sure, but seems to be at the testicles rather than the pituitary 

OP. Either come off everything till she’s pregnant or jump back on test with some hcg and hmg if you can. You’re covered either way then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the responses.  I'll bite the bullet and drop the proviron.   My nuts should be capable of producing near on normal levels of test now anyway, so should avoid a crash, but I will pin HCG mon wed and fri for a few weeks to help the libido return.

 

Honestly can't wait for her to get pregnant so I can start a proper cycle again.... with a PCT and time off. Won't be making that mistake again.

Thanks all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, stuey99 said:

Let's keep this simple mate

You say you're fertile now 

Only issue is ed right?

Putting all else to one side, the quick easy fix is viagra 

This, or a 240ml syringe. :lol:

Sorry Bud, couldn’t resist. :thumbup1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×