BUFFMAN

So what about that nurse then?

On 14/11/2020 at 8:31 AM, Kazza61 said:

Another consideration, again if she is actually guilty, is that she may be mentally ill in which case she would be detained to a secure hospital for treatment which once complete, she would then transfer to prison.

Any ideas on what sort of diagnosis she may have based on the accusations/crimes mate?

I never know what possesses some people to carry out such crimes,.

Danny

8 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Any ideas on what sort of diagnosis she may have based on the accusations/crimes mate?

I never know what possesses some people to carry out such crimes,.

Danny

If you read further back in the thread you'll see I mentioned Beverley Allit who had a very rare condition called Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy. Another possibility might be a personality disorder of some type. Neither would necessarily preclude them from going to prison but they may be detained to a High Secure Hospital in the first instance for treatment. 

Just now, Kazza61 said:

If you read further back in the thread you'll see I mentioned Beverley Allit who had a very rare condition called Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy. Another possibility might be a personality disorder of some type. Neither would necessarily preclude them from going to prison but they may be detailed to a High Secure Hospital in the first instance for treatment. 

I will have a google of this Beverley woman now mate.

Personality disorders are quite common in secure hospitals, Broadmoor and Ashworth for example?

So if diagnosed accordingly she might escape the prison route?

Sickening crimes either way.

Danny

7 minutes ago, Shergar said:

I will have a google of this Beverley woman now mate.

Personality disorders are quite common in secure hospitals, Broadmoor and Ashworth for example?

So if diagnosed accordingly she might escape the prison route?

Sickening crimes either way.

Danny

If found guilty she will be detained for life I would expect either in prison of high secure hospital or a mixture of the two. 

And yes, there are personality disorder services at both Rampton and Ashworth. In fact there are personality disorder services in a number of prisons too. I can't just remember the figure but there is research showing a significant number of the prison population has a personality disorder of some type. 

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

If found guilty she will be detained for life I would expect either in prison of high secure hospital or a mixture of the two. 

And yes, there are personality disorder services at both Rampton and Ashworth. In fact there are personality disorder services in a number of prisons too. I can't just remember the figure but there is research showing a significant number of the prison population has a personality disorder of some type. 

And that’s just the staff!

4 hours ago, Tonk007 said:

Imagine if she was Muslim would have been 100 page thread by now.

This is so true. It never ceases to amaze me how a persons religion or where they are from only seems to matter when they’ve done something wrong. “Muslim Man Saves the Day”. Never see that on the front of the Daily Mail do you.

Personally I would never hurt her. But I believe these people are sick and a danger for the society, and more importantly, a waste of money for the tax payer. 

There's no way these people can recover from their illness. What I would do is what I call deactivate them, finding a way to kill them with respect, without pain and fair. We shouldn't put ourselves in their level trying to hurt them in any way.