Jump to content
SteveMcQueen

Blood results opinions please

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Recently did a medichecks test and I've got the results back. My testosterone is borderline and free test is low. However my prolactin is coming back high.

I'm going to do another test in 2 weeks then I'm considering speaking to the Leger Clinic if I'm still low.

I would appreciate any advice or guidance from anyone... especially if anyone has any opinions on how my results look all round.

 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20201112-131027_Drive.jpg

Edited by SteveMcQueen
Add tags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any AAS usage previously? Fingerpick blood test? Taken in the morning?  And How do you actually feel? 


From these bloods, you have: Low T (free and total) and Low e2.  Leger clinic and any TRT clinic would treat you on these levels but obviously you’ve got to be prepared to pin for life if going down injecting route.  But before that, why do you have these levels? Age? Diet? Lifestyle? Hypogonadism? Thyroid or pituitary issue? Something else? 

Your prolactin isn’t that high tbh, normally that’s just stress, not uncommon at all. Mines been like 800 before. Vitamin b6 will lower prolactin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply,

No AAS usage, fingerprick test taken in the morning.

I've not felt right for a while, anxious, no motivation, moody, poor memory, grumpy, not very upbeat or positive, and weight gain I can't shift.

I train with weights a few times a week and run too. 

Its all come to a head and I decided I wasn't happy as I was. My wife also noticed i'd been off for a long time. Did some research and saw that low Testosterone could be a reason for the above. So I went with a medichecks test just to see as I felt the Dr would think along the depression lines and medicate for that.

So I've got the results and they look like low test could be a reason for how I've been feeling. I completely understand about pinning forever and it's obviously a concern. But I do know I'm not happy to carry on feeling like this....so if it will help I'm in.

I've emailed Dr Savage and he's told me to get another (veinous) test including thyroid. I've ordered the medicheck full work up. Once that's in he said to book for an appointment to discuss.

It's good to hear my prolactin isn't too bad. I'm easy stressed so maybe that explains it?

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the prolactin, even the anxiety of having a blood test can cause prolactin to rise. Was dr savage who told me that when analysing my first results. I wouldn’t worry about that level. sounds like you’ve got plan moving forward. Venous test and take it from there.

What’s your diet and lifestyle like? Stressed? Enough sleep?  Have you Tried making any changes and seeing If you feel any better. 

Also, if TRT is the only option. You could still exhaust the NHS before going private?  Have a look at at and Show them this Study (British Society for Sexual Medicine Guidelines on Adult Testosterone Deficiency, With Statements for UK Practice).

IF you get offered NHS treatment on borderline levels, you’re likely to be offered gels or nebido and abit of long winded process via an endo with waiting lists and so on. Some are happy with that, some arent. But it’ll be the cost of a prescription Vs private, although leger are very affordable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diet and sleep and good....work can be stressful and I hate blood so that is a good shout on the raised prolactin!

I've read a lot of this forum and it appears the nhs takes a long time and the protocols aren't the best.  But I will absolutely consider it...I'm in this to feel better and not just get legal test. 

I will see what the venous results look like and maybe consider a Dr appointment.  The cost at Leger seem reasonable. How much are you paying for your actual medication?

If I went with Leger to get the ball rolling does he then write to your GP and encourage them to take over? Wouldn't that mean he loses the monthly subscription fees he charges?

 

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SteveMcQueen said:

 The cost at Leger seem reasonable. How much are you paying for your actual medication?

£3 for 1x 1ml ampule Sustanon 250mg... so if you’re doing 125mg wk, that’s £1.50 a wk. 
 

HCG I buy from UGL (underground labs), that’s more expensive at £20 (5 week supply), it’s more pricey and hard to get on prescription through leger. You may not need HCG. .. And syringes/supplies Costs are very minimal over the year so overall it’s pretty cheap, plus the clinic membership costs. 
 

23 minutes ago, SteveMcQueen said:

If I went with Leger to get the ball rolling does he then write to your GP and encourage them to take over? Wouldn't that mean he loses the monthly subscription fees he charges?

Yes he does, I don’t think many GPs do  “take over”. If NHS take over treatment completely then yes you wouldn’t need to be in his care anymore (but you’ll have paid a consultation cost to him etc so he’s still made some money From you)   
 

With myself for example, my GP agreed to do my Ongoing bloods (saving me a fair chunk over the year), but Dr savage remains advisor and I pay privately for my stuff, GP has no involvement other than bloodwork. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For them prices it's not the end of the world and to get treated by someone fully in the know is obviously beneficial too.

Let's see what the next sample looks like and go from there I suppose....

 

How long should I wait between samples? Does it matter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SteveMcQueen said:

How long should I wait between samples? Does it matter? 

Do em on the same day & time if you can for continuity.  You just need another test to see where you’re at but doesn’t make much sense  doing it straight away, I’d wait 3-4 weeks and do another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Do em on the same day & time if you can for continuity.  You just need another test to see where you’re at but doesn’t make much sense  doing it straight away, I’d wait 3-4 weeks and do another. 

 

Thanks for all the help. I will do it the same time. Does it need to be 3 or 4 weeks? Can it be sooner?

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SteveMcQueen said:

 

Thanks for all the help. I will do it the same time. Does it need to be 3 or 4 weeks? Can it be sooner?

Cheers

Ideally you’d have multiple blood tests Spread out over months as that’s a more accurate diagnosis of low T to go from if you know what I mean. Tests a few weeks apart you’d expect to be similar (in the absence of any changes or meds or supplements). Have you got any other previous bloodwork or is the above it?  I’d hold out 3 weeks if you can. 
 

I think dr savage requires atleast 2 blood tests for a diagnosis, other clinics may be more and have their own requirements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

@Harry N

Really, how come?  Was your free test low, or do they just consider 13nmol/l a low figure?

I told them I did a cycle and felt like s**t since and thought it was because of low T.

I had 3 blood tests, 10.2, 15.3, 13.3 and they put me on 125 / week

Didn't even get free testosterone checked. I think if your less than 15 with low t symptoms they will give it you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Ideally you’d have multiple blood tests Spread out over months as that’s a more accurate diagnosis of low T to go from if you know what I mean. Tests a few weeks apart you’d expect to be similar (in the absence of any changes or meds or supplements). Have you got any other previous bloodwork or is the above it?  I’d hold out 3 weeks if you can. 
 

I think dr savage requires atleast 2 blood tests for a diagnosis, other clinics may be more and have their own requirements. 

 

Yeah he said to get a 2nd test to confirm. To be honest it's a relief and I'm looking forward to getting past this!

I just HATE giving blood! The fingerprick test was bad enough...I was queasy throughout!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveMcQueen said:

 

Yeah he said to get a 2nd test to confirm. To be honest it's a relief and I'm looking forward to getting past this!

I just HATE giving blood! The fingerprick test was bad enough...I was queasy throughout!

Not sure TRT / pinning yourself for life will be a good option for you if you’re struggling with that mate... maybe something to consider. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SteveMcQueen said:

 

Yeah he said to get a 2nd test to confirm. To be honest it's a relief and I'm looking forward to getting past this!

I just HATE giving blood! The fingerprick test was bad enough...I was queasy throughout!

 

24 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Not sure TRT / pinning yourself for life will be a good option for you if you’re struggling with that mate... maybe something to consider. 

 

He could use the testosterone cream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Harry N said:

 

 

He could use the testosterone cream

Yeah. Many don’t get on with it logistically though. Works for some. Not for all. Could be an option though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pez189 said:

Yeah. Many don’t get on with it logistically though. Works for some. Not for all. Could be an option though. 

He could always use local anesthetic and get someone else to pin it once a week while he looks away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry N said:

I told them I did a cycle and felt like s**t since and thought it was because of low T.

I had 3 blood tests, 10.2, 15.3, 13.3 and they put me on 125 / week

Didn't even get free testosterone checked. I think if your less than 15 with low t symptoms they will give it you.

That's shocking giving someone TRT @ 19... proper recovery time and maybe a few supps would of had your levels back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TERBO said:

That's shocking giving someone TRT @ 19... proper recovery time and maybe a few supps would of had your levels back up.

Nah mate I have hypo thyroidism which is why my T was low, supps wouldnt have helped and it had been 6 months since my sarm cycle and it was still very low.  I was not suppressed and not recovering - that was as high as it was going to  go and as high as it had ever been. Prior to taking anything I got a 10.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Not sure TRT / pinning yourself for life will be a good option for you if you’re struggling with that mate... maybe something to consider. 

It's the blood aspect...as in giving it and seeing it come out etc. Injections and tattoos are all fine.

Either way trt on cream would require regular blood tests so it's something I will need to overcome.

Ideally cream would not be my choice as I have a young kid and a baby so don't want to risk contamination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harry N said:

Nah mate I have hypo thyroidism which is why my T was low, supps wouldnt have helped and it had been 6 months since my sarm cycle and it was still very low.  I was not suppressed and not recovering - that was as high as it was going to  go and as high as it had ever been. Prior to taking anything I got a 10.2.

Sarms was a stupid idea then and if that's the case why are you now taking test, deca, metformin etc.

You're going to mess yourself up mate, your whole approach is very haphazard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteveMcQueen said:

It's the blood aspect...as in giving it and seeing it come out etc. Injections and tattoos are all fine.

Either way trt on cream would require regular blood tests so it's something I will need to overcome.

Ideally cream would not be my choice as I have a young kid and a baby so don't want to risk contamination.

Yeah I understand. I’m Covered in tattoos but not a fan of getting bloods done either. I just look other way and it’s done in 30 seconds. You’ll get accustomed to it. Part of my reasoning going private was wanting sustanon over nebido or creams, have to weigh up the pros and cons and make the best decision for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Sarms was a stupid idea then and if that's the case why are you now taking test, deca, metformin etc.

You're going to mess yourself up mate, your whole approach is very haphazard.

Sarms are not what caused me to have low T, its just bad genetics. My T on blood test before and after sarm cycle was the same.

As for my current cycle, how is it haphazard, please expain how specifically I'll mess myself up

 

Test and deca are just standard compounds.

Aromasin is for e2 control obviously

MK-677 for skin quality, hunger and sleep but is bad for insulin sensitivity so I take it with metaformin.

Obviously gear skews cholesterol so I take 80mg atorvastatin to prevent this and I need it especially because I dont have good genetics for cholesterol.

My BP was elevated so Ive brough it down with candesartan (blood pressure medication)

And obviously gear thickens the blood and aspirin at a low dose everyday helps keep the blood thin as well as donating blood.

 

If anything I think me adding a few extra drugs to keep bio markers in range and stay healthy will mean im less likely to f**k myself up.

But @TERBO if you know something I dont that will benefit me I'd appreciate the advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harry N said:

Sarms are not what caused me to have low T, its just bad genetics. My T on blood test before and after sarm cycle was the same.

As for my current cycle, how is it haphazard, please expain how specifically I'll mess myself up

 

Test and deca are just standard compounds.

Aromasin is for e2 control obviously

MK-677 for skin quality, hunger and sleep but is bad for insulin sensitivity so I take it with metaformin.

Obviously gear skews cholesterol so I take 80mg atorvastatin to prevent this and I need it especially because I dont have good genetics for cholesterol.

My BP was elevated so Ive brough it down with candesartan (blood pressure medication)

And obviously gear thickens the blood and aspirin at a low dose everyday helps keep the blood thin as well as donating blood.

 

If anything I think me adding a few extra drugs to keep bio markers in range and stay healthy will mean im less likely to f**k myself up.

But @TERBO if you know something I dont that will benefit me I'd appreciate the advice. 

 

CFA156FC-FF86-4B2E-8723-1A8CD5E20161.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×