Jump to content
Diesel86

Carb powders

Recommended Posts

Anyone on here use carb powders pre workout and if so what are your thoughts?

The past while I've been using karbolyn fuel by all American efx really liking it def get alot out of it.

Nearly finished the tub so thought Id give cyclic dextric a try from this brand applied nutrition.

My gym sells it for £15 so thought may as well give it ago.

Wouldn't take dextrose pre because of the crash after so powders like this are great 30 minutes to and hour before.

Id always eat a big enough meal about 2 3 before I train so Obviously this is just a supplement to make training more interesting and train harder.

 

 

20201111_112307.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Diesel86 said:

Anyone on here use carb powders pre workout and if so what are your thoughts?

The past while I've been using karbolyn fuel by all American efx really liking it def get alot out of it.

Nearly finished the tub so thought Id give cyclic dextric a try from this brand applied nutrition.

My gym sells it for £15 so thought may as well give it ago.

Wouldn't take dextrose pre because of the crash after so powders like this are great 30 minutes to and hour before.

Id always eat a big enough meal about 2 3 before I train so Obviously this is just a supplement to make training more interesting and train harder.

 

 

20201111_112307.jpg

I used to use Dorian Yates Dextrin which worked great for workout energy and pumps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KETONES said:

I used to use Dorian Yates Dextrin which worked great for workout energy and pumps!

Didn't know he did cyclic dextrin mate, good to hear.

Looking forward to giving it ago.

Wish I had of known about these types of carb powders years ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Did you ever use the original DY pre-workout powder? I'm convinced it was mostly crystal meth.

Yes! Totally wired!

Also I used something called pro lab I think? It was a protein powder which must have had gear it in I’m convinced!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High carbs throughout the day, including fine ground oats and dextrose in the afternoon. 
A banana one hour before gym  A can of full fat coke on my way to the gym. 
 

This seems to give me enough energy to train after a hard days plastering, Bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Did you ever use the original DY pre-workout powder? I'm convinced it was mostly crystal meth.

Do you remember the old Jacked 3d before it got banned? I used a full tub of it before and my sleep was s**t the time whole using it.

DMAA was the culprit.

Strong stuff think some users had heart attacks from using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spieren said:

High carbs throughout the day, including fine ground oats and dextrose in the afternoon. 
A banana one hour before gym  A can of full fat coke on my way to the gym. 
 

This seems to give me enough energy to train after a hard days plastering, Bud

Nice one bro

Do you find that after taking dextrose you get a crash after?

I use dextrose post workout and feel great after,  but if I took it and didn't train I'd feel sluggish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Diesel86 said:

Do you find that after taking dextrose you get a crash after?

I can crash. I avoid it buy keeping the simple carbs frequent enough, right up to my post wo shake. Then dinner has to follow within an hour or I’m shaking like a leaf. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Carbs wise, I use ground oats and maltodextrin. Maltodextrin is a life saver for me when trying to get past 400g of carbs per day

Spot on Bud. I take a shaker into work, 150g ground oats and 50g dextrose. I drink half with food at 10, then the other half with food at 1. I can easily hit 4200 cals a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spieren said:

I can crash. I avoid it buy keeping the simple carbs frequent enough, right up to my post wo shake. Then dinner has to follow within an hour or I’m shaking like a leaf. 
 

Thats a good way to do it mate if that works for you, I learned my lesson to not take dextrose pre, took some before a squat session and felt like crap on my third set where normally id be feeling energised and ready to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Diesel86 said:

Thats a good way to do it mate if that works for you, I learned my lesson to not take dextrose pre, took some before a squat session and felt like crap on my third set where normally id be feeling energised and ready to go.

I think it has a lot to do with my physical job, Buddy. On a non work day I wouldn’t take dextrose, just my banana and full fat coke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spieren said:

I think it has a lot to do with my physical job, Buddy. On a non work day I wouldn’t take dextrose, just my banana and full fat coke. 

I Used to do bricklaying years ago and knew a few plasterers, doing a trade as well as lifting needs alot of calories for sure.

Def is a physical job 

Are you getting much work now mate with this lockdown in place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Yes! That's the s**t! It was brutal. 

Still got half a box to get through. Never use a full sachet though - well not after the first time when I thought my head was going to explode and I had to abandon my workout to go and be sick. A small scoop is plenty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been using Maltodextrin as an intra recently. Never used to get anything out of this type of thing when I was younger but now definitely help. I know Malto isn't ideal but it's super cheap and doesn't upset my stomach so works for me, also use EAA when I can find a good deal and some electrolyte powder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Diesel86 said:

Are you getting much work now mate with this lockdown in place?

I only do domestic not site work, so absolutely stacked out mate. Tbh, it was the last thing I expected. Did have an isolation postponement this week. Could of shuffled jobs but decided to take the week off as I’m fukin exhausted :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Spieren said:

I only do domestic not site work, so absolutely stacked out mate. Tbh, it was the last thing I expected. Did have an isolation postponement this week. Could of shuffled jobs but decided to take the week off as I’m fukin exhausted :(

At least your kept busy mate and getting a good wage out of it.

Can't wait till all this shite is over 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

Yes! That's the s**t! It was brutal. 

Iv used it. Just like any other pre workout to me. Im very tolerant to pre workouts and have to have double the ammount. Iv had 2 packets of that DY stuff in one go and just about felt something from it. It was years ago aswell would sometimes get them free from a supplement shop if I was spending 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think you’ll get any Benefit from maltrodextrin than you would with say fruit. Iv used it and didn’t change any of my workouts or I didn’t feel like I had loads of energy. Infact I get more energy if I had banana and milkshake. Peanut butter on toast is a good pre workout because it gets rid of hunger and is quick and easy to eat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×