Sign in to follow this  
Sic Ric

Recommended high stim pre WO?

Ive developed a real tolerance to the general pre WOs (grenade .50 caliber, USN B4 bomb, Applied Nutrition ABE etc) and am currently taking 4 servings and not getting a lot from it

this is like 800mg caffeine so dont wanna be taking this much

i tried not using any for 2 weeks and also i dont have any other form of caffeine at all but made no diff

i miss the tingly ‘high’ feeling and thinking of getting a high stim one

preferrably without a bad crash

recommendations?

I'd use the 4 weeks as a break. 

Do you have it fasted or on an empty? 

I love a pre work out but always have a break after a tub. I just have a coffee or one of these small energy drinks, its just enough.

I then feel the 300mg of caffeine and the other bits when I start back up again. 

5 minutes ago, Philfg said:

I'd use the 4 weeks as a break. 

Do you have it fasted or on an empty? 

I love a pre work out but always have a break after a tub. I just have a coffee or one of these small energy drinks, its just enough.

I then feel the 300mg of caffeine and the other bits when I start back up again. 

I wait 1.5 hours after pre WO meal then have it. I walk for ten mins or so after meal to help digest it.

ah ok maybe i need to try the break for longer....

I really don't think there are any real decent stim ones out nowadays.  Since DMAA got banned, a lot of the old favourites reformulated with different stimulants to try and recapture that  buzz, in my opinion, they are a shadow of what they once were. 

Ive yet to find one that hit the spot like the old school Jack3d, Mesomorph, Craze etc. 

That being said, Ive just started moving into the pump formulas now, too much stimulation can be counter productive. 

Cut caffeine and other stimulants out as much as possible.

I used to drink a boatload of tea & coffee and would need a ridiculous amount of pre workout to feel a buzz. I cut right back and now don't have any expect in a preworkout if needed, and even the stuff with a low amount of caffeine wakes me up nicely. 

It’s not going to matter what pre workout you take. End of the day caffeine is what gives you the buzz and you said you don’t get much from 800mg of caffeine. A super potent pre workout is only that way because of caffeine and there will never be a preworkout that has anything more than 600mg of caffeine in 1 serving because it’s just to dangerous. Doesn’t matter what brand of preworkout it is when it’s all down to the mg of caffeine and your caffeine sensitivity. Preworkouts usually have 200 to 400mg of caffeine so you either have 1 scoop or 2 or 3 scoop depending on how much caffeine you need. If your needing 800mg of caffeine I would stay away from it for 2 months 

2 hours ago, swole troll said:

Old school formula jack3d and mesomorph are the best imo. 

Current favourite is mvpre.

Dial in by trained by jp has peaked my interest but I use pres as you should do, VERY infrequently so a tub lasts me literally years. 

yeah im tempted to try the JP Dial In.

my mate and gym owner, Jamie Johal, is coached by JP and hes tried the Dial In. He said he was surprised how potent it was. 350mg caffine in? or 300ish. He used it for gaming at the time, not sure if hes used it to train yet. 

i get JPs Join In off my mate, slightly cheaper than online prices, mates rates, so might ask him to get me a tub, when gyms reopen. I do like Nootropics for training,

On 16/11/2020 at 6:00 PM, swole troll said:

Old school formula jack3d and mesomorph are the best imo. 

Current favourite is mvpre.

Dial in by trained by jp has peaked my interest but I use pres as you should do, VERY infrequently so a tub lasts me literally years. 

I never managed to try mesomorph.., Literally rated it didn’t they!

Did you ever try craze? That’s forever my no1 pwo 

A rumour went round saying it contained something banned...which wasn’t dmaa

No idea if it was true or not lol

10 hours ago, aLadNamedAsh said:

I never managed to try mesomorph.., Literally rated it didn’t they!

Did you ever try craze? That’s forever my no1 pwo 

A rumour went round saying it contained something banned...which wasn’t dmaa

No idea if it was true or not lol

No I didn't try it but I did hear that 

Amphetamine is what I'd heard, wouldn't put it past them 

Supplement companies have been known to spike their supps with pro hormones back when they were grey area.

On 11/24/2020 at 6:30 AM, swole troll said:

No I didn't try it but I did hear that 

Amphetamine is what I'd heard, wouldn't put it past them 

Supplement companies have been known to spike their supps with pro hormones back when they were grey area.

Definitely DMAA (meth variant) in Craze.

Was good s**t, without the addiction that Meth brings.  And that's why it was such a popular product.

No longer available, of course.

You can still get that "cracked out" feeling with most high stim Pre's.

In fact, I just had some "PRE+" from my protein.com   - and am still buzzing 2 hours after the gym. Bit too strong, me thinks....

On 11/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, Jackoffblades said:

It’s not going to matter what pre workout you take. End of the day caffeine is what gives you the buzz and you said you don’t get much from 800mg of caffeine. A super potent pre workout is only that way because of caffeine and there will never be a preworkout that has anything more than 600mg of caffeine in 1 serving because it’s just to dangerous. Doesn’t matter what brand of preworkout it is when it’s all down to the mg of caffeine and your caffeine sensitivity. Preworkouts usually have 200 to 400mg of caffeine so you either have 1 scoop or 2 or 3 scoop depending on how much caffeine you need. If your needing 800mg of caffeine I would stay away from it for 2 months 

800 mg of caffine is just plain ridiculous

If anyone has THAT much of a tolerance where they need over 500mg caffeine then it's time to stop taking stims for a few months... or risk cardiac arrest

I’ve been very stim tolerant over the years but feeling nothing/little from 800mg caffeine should be setting your alarm bells ringing.

stopping use (gradually rather than cold turkey because the withdrawal can be grim) and laying off for 4-6 weeks should act to re-sensitise you so you should get the benefit from a lower dose.

24 minutes ago, faipdeooiad said:

I’ve been very stim tolerant over the years but feeling nothing/little from 800mg caffeine should be setting your alarm bells ringing.

stopping use (gradually rather than cold turkey because the withdrawal can be grim) and laying off for 4-6 weeks should act to re-sensitise you so you should get the benefit from a lower dose.

This.

100% agree

On 04/12/2020 at 7:49 PM, Philfg said:

Keep us updated, I'm after a new one. 

It’s a good stim mate. I did half a scoop and I’m speeding off my tits, feels like I’ve taken a couple of Ritalin