Cronus

2nd National Lockdown soon?

4 hours ago, Denied said:

You can incorrectly write an analogy as many times as you want but the logics completely flawed. 

So going by the fact you think Sweden is densely populated because 4% more people live in urban areas. I assume you also think, an inner city London borough, is as densely populated as a posh northern town, as there both 100% urban living? 

You also claim Sweden is sparely populated because they've only built on 3% of the land, so if you transpose that to fit in the UK's land mass, you're looking at fitting Sweden's 12 million people in 6% of the UK's land mass, which is quite a handy number, as the UK's 60+million population, use slightly less than 6% of the land. So that doesn't really support your theory?

Then take into account the average size of a house in Sweden is larger than the UK and that the average capacity is less than 2 per household, with many being single occupancy, which is key for virus transmission. Compared to 2.6 in the UK. Non of this would suggest Sweden is heavily populated.

You're failing to comprehend what you're reading.

You say:

"So going by the fact you think Sweden is densely populated"

"You also claim Sweden is sparely populated"

Now to what I actually did "claim":

"Sweden is not "sparsely populated" in areas where people actually live."

Do you understand the difference between the claims you've made up and attributed to me and what I actually said?

Let's outline this again . More Swedes live in urban areas than Brits. 

The population density of Greater London and Greater Stockholm is pretty similar. 

"Stockholm has a population density of 5,203/km2, while London's is 5,701/km2."

Unless you have some facts/ data available that shows (minus capital cities) the rest of the UK's urban areas are vastly more densely populated than the rest of Sweden's urban areas. You cannot claim that "population density" has any significant relevance in terms of virus spread when comparing the two countries.

Regardless of how many idiotic talking heads on the idiot box may tell you different.

Because on the face of it in areas where people actually live (this bit is important because the virus can't spread in uninhabited regions) population density would appear to be quite comparable between both countries. 

31 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

You're failing to comprehend what you're reading.

You say:

"So going by the fact you think Sweden is densely populated"

"You also claim Sweden is sparely populated"

Now to what I actually did "claim":

"Sweden is not "sparsely populated" in areas where people actually live."

Do you understand the difference between the claims you've made up and attributed to me and what I actually said?

Let's outline this again . More Swedes live in urban areas than Brits. 

The population density of Greater London and Greater Stockholm is pretty similar. 

"Stockholm has a population density of 5,203/km2, while London's is 5,701/km2."

Unless you have some facts/ data available that shows (minus capital cities) the rest of the UK's urban areas are vastly more densely populated than the rest of Sweden's urban areas. You cannot claim that "population density" has any significant relevance in terms of virus spread when comparing the two countries.

Regardless of how many idiotic talking heads on the idiot box may tell you different.

Because on the face of it in areas where people actually live (this bit is important because the virus can't spread in uninhabited regions) population density would appear to be quite comparable between both countries. 

There you go, knock yourself out. You'll see the 2nd largest city, wouldn't come in our top 100 for population density. The 5th biggest doesn't make our top 50 for population density and 10th would just make the top 100.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_districts_by_population_density

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_in_Sweden_by_population

1 hour ago, Denied said:

There you go, knock yourself out. You'll see the 2nd largest city, wouldn't come in our top 100 for population density. The 5th biggest doesn't make our top 50 for population density and 10th would just make the top 100.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_districts_by_population_density

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_in_Sweden_by_population

What were you saying about "apples and pears" ?

The first link relates to population density, the 2nd to total population. 

It's a completely meaningless comparison.

I'll give you a clue. Unless you REALLY know how populations are concentrated/distributed around different countries, the whole population density thing is a red herring regarding the spread of this virus. 

Go look at the population density of France and Spain and then Germany. 

But Germany has a way lower death rate??

Then go and look at which countries have the most densely populated square KMs/miles in Europe. 

40 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

I'll give you a clue. Unless you REALLY know how populations are concentrated/distributed around different countries, the whole population density thing is a red herring regarding the spread of this virus. 

Then go and look at which countries have the most densely populated square KMs/miles in Europe. 

Jesus wept, do I need to spoon feed you. Follow the links on the wiki page, it has the population density for the Swedish cities.

1 hour ago, Denied said:

Jesus wept, do I need to spoon feed you. Follow the links on the wiki page, it has the population density for the Swedish cities.

Tells us nothing different.

The top 30 on that list are all London  boroughs and we already know that Stocholm and London have a similar population density.

There's zero data in those links that indicates that the UKs urban areas are overall more densely populated than Sweden's. ZERO

All we know for certain is that the capitals are similar and the proportion of people living in towns and cities (in both countries)  is also similar. 

2 hours ago, MickeyE said:

It would definitely help if all countries were using the same method to calculate deaths. I have no idea how any other country is going about it, but from what I understand it does vary quite widely. I believe India came under some criticism for their very low numbers due to the way they discounted many cases were Covid was a contributing factor rather than the actual direct cause. 

9 hours ago, MickeyE said:

Tells us nothing different.

The top 30 on that list are all London  boroughs and we already know that Stocholm and London have a similar population density.

There's zero data in those links that indicates that the UKs urban areas are overall more densely populated than Sweden's. ZERO

All we know for certain is that the capitals are similar and the proportion of people living in towns and cities (in both countries)  is also similar. 

Are you just Trolling me or can you really not work it out?

https://theconversation.com/think-your-country-is-crowded-these-maps-reveal-the-truth-about-population-density-across-europe-90345

10 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

It would definitely help if all countries were using the same method to calculate deaths. I have no idea how any other country is going about it, but from what I understand it does vary quite widely. I believe India came under some criticism for their very low numbers due to the way they discounted many cases were Covid was a contributing factor rather than the actual direct cause. 

Well AFAIA in the UK we've changed the way we classify/count Covid deaths at least 3 times! It went from died from covid, to died with covid, to now died within 28 days of a positive test. 

TBH I don't think it's ever been easier to attribute deaths to any disease than it is currently with Covid.

In a third world country like India they probably already have enough on their plate to get involved in the west's covid game.

They still have nearly half a million people a year dying from TB. A really serious disease.  

2 hours ago, Denied said:

No you just keep posting nonsensical  links that prove nothing.

OK here's an example, from your last set of links. The least densely populated district in the UK is Eden with 25 person per KM

317 Eden 25

Now the last on your list of Swedish urban areas from you link.

Karlshamn

Density 1,415/km2 (3,660/sq mi)

So the least populated urban area on your list for Sweden has 1415 people per KM and for the UK only 25!

So using your warped logic, can I draw from this that Sweden's urban areas must be more populated overall than the UKs.

No I can't because I have the sense to realise that those links in no way show us the full picture.

My guess is that in areas where people actually live the UK is probably marginally more densely populated , but that is just a guess and any possible disparity I doubt will be that great.