Harry N

is 2 meals per day okay?

Okay heres the situation, Ive got really bad ADHD and basically cant work without my stimulant medication however it crushes my appetite completely for 12 hours to the point where if i try to force feed ill gag and throw up.

My solution has been to have a large breakfast and a large tea whilst skipping lunch and then lifting after tea.

Is this going to have any major negative impact on my progression?

In your case probably. Whilst I don’t personally believe that you have to split meals and eat say 5 or 6 times a day unless you are an advanced bodybuilder or strength athlete, you still need to eat in calorific surplus. Only eating twice daily might make it difficult to consume enough calories 

Depends on the number of calories you're trying to get in I guess.

How do you deal with shakes? Could you go to 2 whole food meals and 2 mea replacement shakes? It's pretty damn easy to hit 700-1000 calc in a shake. 

I just had 100g oats, 50g maltodextrin, 65g whey, 30g peanut butter, 250ml milk & 10g fish oils.

20 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

Depends on the number of calories you're trying to get in I guess.

How do you deal with shakes? Could you go to 2 whole food meals and 2 mea replacement shakes? It's pretty damn easy to hit 700-1000 calc in a shake. 

I just had 100g oats, 50g maltodextrin, 65g whey, 30g peanut butter, 250ml milk & 10g fish oils.

i can do shakes but i need to drink them slowly

Just now, Harry N said:

i can do shakes but i need to drink them slowly

Perfect. I generally sip mine over the course of about 20 mins. Give it ago. Nothing to lose really. That would get you to 4 meals, which should mean that you're not sitting down to mountains of food twice a day.

12 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Perfect. I generally sip mine over the course of about 20 mins. Give it ago. Nothing to lose really. That would get you to 4 meals, which should mean that you're not sitting down to mountains of food twice a day.

thanks for advice

I need a nice runny shake not too thick or it will make me gag, around 1k calories, no dairy. any ideas?

Just now, jd said:

Blended oats

peanut butter

banana 

almond milk 

Ice cream

dont like peanut butter and ice cream is too unhealthy and has dairy

Just now, Harry N said:

dont like peanut butter and ice cream is too unhealthy and has dairy

I don’t like peanut butter but can manage the chocolate one from bulk powders, I forgot about the dairy 

22 minutes ago, Harry N said:

thanks for advice

I need a nice runny shake not too thick or it will make me gag, around 1k calories, no dairy. any ideas?

Oats, maltodextrin, whey isolate, oat bran, flax seed power, plenty of water + 10g fish oils in capsule form.

As @jd says you can hardly taste the peanut butter if it's mixed in chocolate and diluted enough.

Other than that, you're just going to have to suck it up because if you don't eat, this game isn't for you.

@invisiblekid

@Jackoffblades

@PSevens2017

Just wanted to thank you guys on the advice to have shakes, it is working really well and has allowed me to have 3 meals per day.

I am doing 100g oats, 60g gold standard, 600ml milk, all blended. 1000 Kcal, 80g protein. 

Is working a treat thanks a lot guys :thumb