Sign in to follow this  
boutye911

Thor’s deadlifts

Thor has posted this video on his youtube. Pretty incredible going from probably the worst 300kg pull i have ever seen to 501kg in 11 years. Amazing that a genetic freak and one of the strongest men to have ever lived increases his deadlift by about 18kg a year. 

Puts it into perspective when newbies to training are wondering why they aren’t freaks after 500mg of test and 2 months in the gym. Consistency is key.

He’s probably put on 10kg in bodyweight every year aswell, to be capable Of moving such weight.   Complete dedication. Still think eddies lift is more impressive in context of competition but not bringing up that debate again. 

11 hours ago, Pez189 said:

He’s probably put on 10kg in bodyweight every year aswell, to be capable Of moving such weight.   Complete dedication. Still think eddies lift is more impressive in context of competition but not bringing up that debate again. 

This

He looks like a little fat teenager on the first 300 and 4 times the size and less bf% on 500

2 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

That 300kg looked like he'd never done deadlift before and was just giving it a go. 

Haha that's probably what happened. Those Iclandics are nutters. Still one hell of an effort no matter what has been said in the Thor Hall debate. 

I'm sure I read once that on Hall's first visit to a gym his mates egged him on to see what he could bench and he allegedly put up 180!! Urban myth? Maybe, but I can believe it as they're a long way from generically normal .

18 minutes ago, MTM1 said:

I'm sure I read once that on Hall's first visit to a gym his mates egged him on to see what he could bench and he allegedly put up 180!! Urban myth? Maybe, but I can believe it as they're a long way from generically normal .

180 untrained? Yeah, that would be mental.

3 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

Well he was a top level swimmer as a teen and I think he did other sports so he was probably far from untrained but I think it was the first time he'd done what we would call gym work.  I think as a junior he was a record holder in swimming. It puts it into perspective when everyone immediately points to steroids for everything and forget just how far out the genetic outliers can be and what they are naturally able to do. Thor if he'd never touched a steroid would likely still be able to walk in most any gym in the world and be the top deadlifter in it. 

3 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

He was a swimmer before strong man so maybe as it's not untrained as such. But I wouldn't believe everything he says.