Sign in to follow this  
Brodhurst

Pictures of your home gyms since lockdown

Hi Guys,

As the description says pictures and descriptions of your home gym set ups since lockdown. 

I started mine in March and was lucky enough to get most of it before I even finished work, however clearing the garage took a while!

Also how you all finding the home gyms now lockdowns over? I’m still preferring training at home.

I have......

Primal Strength half rack

Primal Strength adjustable bench

Primal Strength pulley cable machine

Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells to 54kg

fully horse matted the floor

painted all walls

attempted to waterproof the floor

63505DAB-15A6-4B3F-BB4D-C787B2F4714E.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Would it not be better the other way around? Sack loading plates on the LHS of that bar a few inches from the wall. 

Yea did try that but the floor was too uneven 

that's a nice set up mate.  The 2 main things I'd like to add to my basic set up are some sort of pec deck and some heavy dumbbells

Do you mind me asking how much the cable station was ? Are those adjustable dumbells ? I've been looking at some bodyflex ones on ebay that go up to 40kg, pretty expensive though so am making do with my spin lock ones for now. 

15 hours ago, Hicup said:

Where did you get your olympic weights from?

JpLennard was lucky enough to get them the day before the first lockdown.

4 hours ago, Dr Gearhead said:

that's a nice set up mate.  The 2 main things I'd like to add to my basic set up are some sort of pec deck and some heavy dumbbells

Do you mind me asking how much the cable station was ? Are those adjustable dumbells ? I've been looking at some bodyflex ones on ebay that go up to 40kg, pretty expensive though so am making do with my spin lock ones for now. 

Yea I’d love a pec dec. I’m currently using the cable machine and the bench upright to do cable flys.

Think it was about £1400. Iron master dumbbells are very expensive but the best IMO, adjustable to 54kg. I did look at body flex ones but just like the way the iron masters feel like a standard dumbbell in your hand.

The iron master is good quality, I didnt think it would be worth its price tag but after a blast on the bench and the lat pull down attachment I was surprised. Bench was alot sturdy than I expected. 

Their adjustable dumbells are decent but expensive unless you get lucky on a 2nd hand set. 

Yea I’d love to have some more leg options. I’ve got a herniated disc so squats mess me up once I get to some serious weight. Ideally a hack squat, leg press and leg ext/curl of I had enough space. Honestly if I move house it will only be for a bigger garage!

15 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

From about 3 1/2 years ago

Now that’s a proper garage! Looks like you’ve only just got room to move in there.

4 hours ago, Brodhurst said:

Now that’s a proper garage! Looks like you’ve only just got room to move in there.

Yep, needs a good tidy up:lol:

I had a leg press and rack of dumbbells then but got rid of them now to make a bit more room.

3 hours ago, IainF said:

My cave....

IMG_20201201_111515773.jpg

diggin' the atlas stone and kegs

do you do a lot of strongman training?

i switched from regular lifting to strongman a few years back and have never looked back. love it

4 hours ago, Chicken_Boy said:

diggin' the atlas stone and kegs

do you do a lot of strongman training?

i switched from regular lifting to strongman a few years back and have never looked back. love it

Don't do loads of strongman. I should do more really, but it tends to be the odd session once or twice per fortnight.

Got two stones. The bigger one is out of sight there and hasn't moved for about three years haha! 3 kegs (one for OHP, one for distance carries and one empty and unused so far), farmers handles too in the background, which I love. If I could only do one lift forever it would be a farmer's carry!

The strongman stuff is definitely more fun. Just less practical with our shitty weather and the fact I train late at night. 

On 11/01/2021 at 12:04 AM, IainF said:

Got me motivated to do some stones again! 

The wee one was going well. Did about 30 reps in total - 

The big Mofo came off the ground, but went no further!! A few weeks and I'll have it! 

That's a solid effort. Terrified to try it encase I drop the bugger on my feet

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:02 AM, Brodhurst said:

Hi Guys,

As the description says pictures and descriptions of your home gym set ups since lockdown. 

I started mine in March and was lucky enough to get most of it before I even finished work, however clearing the garage took a while!

Also how you all finding the home gyms now lockdowns over? I’m still preferring training at home.

I have......

Primal Strength half rack

Primal Strength adjustable bench

Primal Strength pulley cable machine

Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells to 54kg

fully horse matted the floor

painted all walls

attempted to waterproof the floor

63505DAB-15A6-4B3F-BB4D-C787B2F4714E.jpeg

Show off!

39 minutes ago, Brodhurst said:

I reckon that would even do a number on the garage floor, let alone your feet.

Wouldn't fancy trying to explain a small crater sized hole in the garage floor to my landlord haha

6 hours ago, Zoob1234 said:

That's a solid effort. Terrified to try it encase I drop the bugger on my feet

As you can see, the key is shouting 'f**k you' at the stone just as it leaves the ground.  Then it won't dare drop on your toes!