Upthedose

Wheres best to get bloodwork done

Used to use medichecks but they don't have the option to do a finger pr**k sample anymore, which means I need to pay extra plus the hassle of going somewhere to get bloods drawn. 

5 hours ago, SiVoy86 said:

Extra hassle I know but at least it will be accurate and that's the main thing when it comes to hormones and then you can adjust accordingly in confidence bud 

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

Always take your sample from the vein mate.

Accuracy is key here,

Danny

I've actually just had a very dubious result from a medichecks venous sample...like, VERY DUBIOUS

Asked my GP to do bloods but he says hormone tests aren't available for a couple weeks

I personally won't use them again as I'm 99% sure this test has come back wrong

20 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

I've actually just had a very dubious result from a medichecks venous sample...like, VERY DUBIOUS

Asked my GP to do bloods but he says hormone tests aren't available for a couple weeks

This won't be the first time it has been said over the years but I am hearing it all too frequently at the minute with Medichecks.

Luckily my Endo does regular full bloods but are there any other websites who do private tests?

Danny

7 hours ago, Upthedose said:

Used to use medichecks but they don't have the option to do a finger pr**k sample anymore

That’s not true. They still do finger pri.ck tests, but as others have said, venous is better and more accurate. Personally I’d use optimale though or get GP to do them if possible  

23 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

My GP did mine this week just gone... why would they suddenly not be available for a couple weeks? Sounds like some BS to me mate. 

8 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Luckily my Endo does regular full bloods but are there any other websites who do private tests?

Danny

https://www.optimale.co.uk/product/enhanced-testosterone-test/

or

https://www.forthwithlife.co.uk/male-hormones/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwxNT8BRD9ARIsAJ8S5xYIgcNPuNamNigtdqdgR46S8d2BgLiF9D49Tn7KpAknf3RyX9h21Y4aAk4nEALw_wcB

Both are similar but I’d go with optimale as has full blood count too and lipids. 

9 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

That’s not true. They still do finger pri.ck tests, but as others have said, venous is better and more accurate. Personally I’d use optimale though or get GP to do them if possible  

My GP did mine this week just gone... why would they suddenly not be available for a couple weeks? Sounds like some BS to me mate. 

Naa he showed it me on the pc mate...popped up when he requested them

3 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

Naa he showed it me on the pc mate...popped up when he requested them

Just seems weird. What reasoning? Doesn’t make sense one person in the country can have one and another can’t.. must be a temporary thing. 

16 minutes ago, Shergar said:

This won't be the first time it has been said over the years but I am hearing it all too frequently at the minute with Medichecks.

Danny

There's no way what I got back was correct

It's mostly finger pr**k tests that look wrong but when venous tests are blatantly incorrect that's really worrying

I dont mind paying the price of getting tested, but I do mind pissing £100 down the drain to just get what are basically random incorrect numbers emailed to me 2 days later

1 minute ago, Pez189 said:

Just seems weird. What reasoning? Doesn’t make sense one person in the country can have one and another can’t.. must be a temporary thing. 

Dunno how it works mate

Is there more than one lab they go to?

He's been my gp for years and we get on great so he aint gonna bullshit me

1 hour ago, stuey99 said:

That's not very good then. They obviously do a lot of tests but mixing up results is definitely not what you want when trying to keep things in range etc.

Have you spoken to them at all I wonder what the customer service is like as some of the testing maybe outsourced as mentioned further down the thread. So it could be a 3rd party mistake they don't know of? 

Let us know if you get anywhere with them bud 

7 minutes ago, SiVoy86 said:

That's not very good then. They obviously do a lot of tests but mixing up results is definitely not what you want when trying to keep things in range etc.

Have you spoken to them at all I wonder what the customer service is like as some of the testing maybe outsourced as mentioned further down the thread. So it could be a 3rd party mistake they don't know of? 

Let us know if you get anywhere with them bud 

I'm not even gonna bother mate...it's done now

45 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

Dunno how it works mate

Is there more than one lab they go to?

He's been my gp for years and we get on great so he aint gonna bullshit me

Not got a clue. Expect an issue with lab/staff causing a minor delay. Hopefully you’ll be able to get em done in a few weeks. 

Have Medichecks pulled their priick tests then.?

This begs the question, have they knowingly been providing inaccurate tests and taking good money for them.?

22 minutes ago, Spieren said:

Have Medichecks pulled their priick tests then.?

This begs the question, have they knowingly been providing inaccurate tests and taking good money for them.?

I saw finger pr**k tests on there a couple weeks back

But from the results I just got from a venous sample I'll never use again

Basically 2 of the values I got couldn't both possibly be right...at least one has to be wayyy off

I’ve used the medichecks nurse service for years, expensive but quick and simple. I’ve even had her come in my work to take a sample. Then if anything shows up as wrong I refer it to my GP for a second test and discussion.

Basically 2 of the values I got couldn't both possibly be right...at least one has to be wayyy off

Can you elaborate @stuey99 , what were the two values that alerted you?   I've had one that was miles off from an nhs test, but there was a few weeks between them though.

Phone medicheck I've seen a couple of people say that results were impossible and were sent another test free  (you do have to pay for the blood draw ). 

2 hours ago, Brodhurst said:

I’ve used the medichecks nurse service for years, expensive but quick and simple. I’ve even had her come in my work to take a sample. Then if anything shows up as wrong I refer it to my GP for a second test and discussion.

Has the GP test ever shown medichecks to be incorrect?

Thanks for the responses it's mainly to check 

hematocrit

liver values 

kidney values

cholesterol leves

As I believe these are what show good/bad health. I'm not bothered about hormones as I cruise on 125mg test when not blasting.

The sports hormone on medichecks doesn't let you do a finger pr**k anymore, but I can still get the liver/kidneys checked with finger pr**k tests. Seems strange tbh.

2 minutes ago, Upthedose said:

Thanks for the responses it's mainly to check 

hematocrit

liver values 

kidney values

cholesterol leves

As I believe these are what show good/bad health. I'm not bothered about hormones as I cruise on 125mg test when not blasting.

The sports hormone on medichecks doesn't let you do a finger pr**k anymore, but I can still get the liver/kidneys checked with finger pr**k tests. Seems strange tbh.

If it's kidneys you're after just see GP mate

Tell him you feel unwell...blah, blah, blah

Reel off a few symptoms that could indicate kidney trouble and boom...Robert's your father's brother :thumb