Sign in to follow this  
Mattlifts84

Novice physique/bodybuilding

I'm considering competing for the first time in April (if the shows run) for anyone with experience or knowledge of this, what would a typical prep cycle/blast look like?  I just came off test tren, planning lower dose test for three months. 

Will be hard to answer this without more info. 

What are you current stats

Where do you aim to be 

And what's your cycle history etc

With those it will be easier for others to chime in and give you sound advice buddy 

I'm 5'10, 36 years old, 13 stone 3 around 10% bf, had cycled then blasted and cruised heavily from age 26-31, took a two year break (working 7 days a week) during which I didn't manage to recover my natural test, obviously lost my previous gains, now after two years back I've done a 10 week 250mg test blast followed by a long (lockdown) cruise at 125mg, and I've just finished 12 weeks of 500 test and 200 tren with 40mg Ed anavar on the back end. 

My ideal aim would be to add 5kg and drop a few % between now and April. I haven't yet got to the point I left at age 31, so there are still some 'muscle memory' gains to be extracted, I was up to around 1.5g a week at that point. 

You was in decent shape in the photos.  What sort of shape are you in computed to that at the moment as I would you may want to look at adding a few more lbs of mass before the cutting stack. Then I believe you could do well I the class you mentioned 

27 minutes ago, SiVoy86 said:

You was in decent shape in the photos.  What sort of shape are you in computed to that at the moment as I would you may want to look at adding a few more lbs of mass before the cutting stack. Then I believe you could do well I the class you mentioned 

Those photos were taken last Saturday, I'm in that shape now. 

8 hours ago, Mattlifts84 said:

Here's a couple from the shoot I trained for, and a living room selfie lol 

Screenshot_20201024_231652_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Screenshot_20201024_231601_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

IMG_20201023_072625.jpg

Honestly you dont have that far to go for physique 

Ive prepped for shows in the past but ive always bottled it in the lead up to it, its a mind game as much as it is a physical one . I lost a good friend in the past because of this who ended up competing without me and doing quite well 

If i was you id get a coach to help with the prep, diet and drug protocol leading up to the show. This is best done by the guys who know . Check out greg doucette's video on calum von mogers current condition , where he talks about calum putting size on in a calorie deficit 

There are some good competition logs from other guys who have done it, and its A LOT of work and dedication but i dont doubt you could do it given what you have achieved