Sign in to follow this  
stuey99

HCG estrogen spike

Hey guys

Just wondering what your expeeiences are with hcg and how much it increases estrogen

Just had bloods done and surprised at how high e2 is considering the test dose I'm on

Im mentioning no labs or numbers as it seems this isn't the place for that these days

Just looking for input on expeeiences with hcg as it's years since I've used it

Cheers lads

I use 2 x 500iu a week. It spikes my estrogen quite a bit, at least as much as the 1 mil of 250 sust I’m using, probably more. I’ve never had bloods. I get oily skin and spots when it’s elevated. I can get away with no ai if I don’t drink alcohol. If I do drink and I currently am at the weekends I need (and I am currently taking) 0.5 adex eod.

In short, yes; it does cause quite a big spike in estrogen.

Your E2 in range or high? And TRT test dose or on cycle?  Any sides? If not, nothing to worry about really. I do 500iu hcg week and e2 is mid/high with trt at 125-150mg. Feel good where it is though. No oily skin or e2 sides. 

Massively.

Just had to go through it again as ran out of HMG so had to use hcg which is shite in comparison

Not sure of the units but was about 60 something, added hcg but also added in 6.25 aromasin twice a week but bloods came back 200+ 

Always thought I just aromatised like mad but turns out with HMG in place of hcg I hardly ever needed an AI

30 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

I use 2 x 500iu a week. It spikes my estrogen quite a bit, at least as much as the 1 mil of 250 sust I’m using, probably more. I’ve never had bloods. I get oily skin and spots when it’s elevated. I can get away with no ai if I don’t drink alcohol. If I do drink and I currently am at the weekends I need (and I am currently taking) 0.5 adex eod.

In short, yes; it does cause quite a big spike in estrogen.

21 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Your E2 in range or high? And TRT test dose or on cycle?  Any sides? If not, nothing to worry about really. I do 500iu hcg week and e2 is mid/high with trt at 125-150mg. Feel good where it is though. No oily skin or e2 sides. 

4 minutes ago, Towel said:

Massively.

Just had to go through it again as ran out of HMG so had to use hcg which is shite in comparison

Not sure of the units but was about 60 something, added hcg but also added in 6.25 aromasin twice a week but bloods came back 200+ 

Always thought I just aromatised like mad but turns out with HMG in place of hcg I hardly ever needed an AI

Well...I did a 500iu shot Saturday then again on Sunday

Took bloods on tuesday and estrogen was 285...and on 420mg test e, that's way high for me

Took another 500iu shot on weds, and by Thursday night libido went from raging to non existant lol

Anyway...I've dropped the hcg now cos I don't really need it tbf...just thought I'd plump me nuts up a bit :lol:

What do you guys reckon...week or so for estrogen to come back down again?

16 minutes ago, Towel said:

Massively.

That’s interesting.

Never used HMG - what’s the typical dosing regime with it?

8 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

What do you guys reckon...week or so for estrogen to come back down again?

Difficult to say but recently I had elevated e2 due to some bunk ugl adex I was taking. Outward sides should subside in about 14 days. I’d imagine for it to come back in range completely it would be more like 3 weeks. It will be very person specific.

A factor in play will be how much alcohol you drink. The body “sees” alcohol as estrogen and drinking booze affects the bodies ability to clear estrogen from the system.

My libido is somewhat elevated when e2 is high.

22 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Difficult to say but recently I had elevated e2 due to some bunk ugl adex I was taking. Outward sides should subside in about 14 days. I’d imagine for it to come back in range completely it would be more like 3 weeks. It will be very person specific.

A factor in play will be how much alcohol you drink. The body “sees” alcohol as estrogen and drinking booze affects the bodies ability to clear estrogen from the system.

Is aromasin effecrive for bringing down estrogen from hcg?

25 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Who was the bunk ugl adex from, out of interest?

I use 2x1500iu HCG a week. On the basis that most HCG is so poorly handled once it leaves the factory that it’s deteriorated a lot. This along with 300mg test puts my E2 in mid 300s, which seems to be my sweet spot for performance and health. 

2 minutes ago, arbffgadm100 said:

I use 2x1500iu HCG a week. On the basis that most HCG is so poorly handled once it leaves the factory that it’s deteriorated a lot. This along with 300mg test puts my E2 in mid 300s, which seems to be my sweet spot for performance and health. 

Performance mate maybe

But having estrogen at 300+ can't be healthy 

26 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

Not really. Ai will reduce the amount of estrogen you produce going forward (obviously) so less “topping up”. It won’t do anything about the estrogen that’s already there. From your previous posts, if I recall correctly, you don’t generally need much (if any) ai. I think you’d be better sitting it out but if you do have any ai to hand then a little won’t hurt. 

Edit - I may have misunderstood the question @stuey99. If you continue to use hcg then ai is very effective at preventing estrogen conversion from hcg.

57 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

That’s interesting.

Never used HMG - what’s the typical dosing regime with it?

75iu x2 a week was just as good as 500iu hcg a week but without effecting E2, magical stuff but just won’t be financially viable for most as that’s a box a week.

Considering a box of HMG normally cost more than hcg but a box of hcg lasts 5 weeks it’s expensive stuff.

Trying to source some in bulk as pretty much meant I didn’t need an AI on cycle and is a lot better for maintaining fertility 

18 minutes ago, arbffgadm100 said:

I’m using 250iu a week and it’s worked like mad, I don’t believe hcg deteriorates as easy as we’ve been led to believe 

27 minutes ago, strawberry123 said:

Who was the bunk ugl adex from, out of interest?

I’ve sent you a pm. I don’t really want to get involved in what is ultimately my personal opinion on an open forum 

32 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

I know it wasn’t me you asked but took a quarter tab the other day and felt 100x better in the morning and dropped 1kg Out of nowhere so I’d say so 

27 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Not really. Ai will reduce the amount of estrogen you produce going forward (obviously) so less “topping up”. It won’t do anything about the estrogen that’s already there. From your previous posts, if I recall correctly, you don’t generally need much (if any) ai. I think you’d be better sitting it out but if you do have any ai to hand then a little won’t hurt. 

Edit - I may have misunderstood the question @stuey99. If you continue to use hcg then ai is very effective at preventing estrogen conversion from hcg.

I believe no AI can control the conversion of elevated e2 directly from hcg use in the nuts.

As they cannot enter the testes to have an effect on the aromatase enzymes 

Dhea and pregnenolone are better options for on when on TRT 

14 minutes ago, darren.1987 said:

I believe no AI can control the conversion of elevated e2 directly from hcg use in the nuts.

Interesting. Do you have any more information on this?

Well, aromasin worked great when I was on 250mg test and 1500 iu HCG.

I had extremely oily skin to the point i would wash my face with a special oily skin cleaner and a couple hours later my forehead looked like someone rubbed me with olive oil.

Half a tab aromasin twice a week sorted it in a couple of days.

6 minutes ago, Djibril said:

Well, aromasin worked great when I was on 250mg test and 1500 iu HCG.

I had extremely oily skin to the point i would wash my face with a special oily skin cleaner and a couple hours later my forehead looked like someone rubbed me with olive oil.

Half a tab aromasin twice a week sorted it in a couple of days.

Aromasin should work like that tbf if its legit

1 hour ago, darren.1987 said:

As they cannot enter the testes to have an effect on the aromatase enzymes 

Dhea and pregnenolone are better options for on when on TRT 

This is actually what I suspected mate which is why I asked

25 minutes ago, mal said:

Does Aromasin lower e2 in the blood stream but not production?

Other way round bro

1 hour ago, Towel said:

I know it wasn’t me you asked but took a quarter tab the other day and felt 100x better in the morning and dropped 1kg Out of nowhere so I’d say so 

I think what's happening there is aromasin is reducing estrogen conversion from the test...and that reduction is then being levelled out to "a better level" by the estrogen from the hcg...if that makes sense?

1 hour ago, Sasnak said:

Interesting. Do you have any more information on this?

He's correct that testicles contribute to estrodial levels via aromatase. If you take HCG, you kick up your total e2. You can however take an AI and drop your circulating e2 significantly without touching testicular estrodial, so if you need to drop e2 on hcg and trt, do it. Its why some male fertility clinics have people on an AI on 200 every 10 days.

In terms of e2 in the testicles, im fairly sure an AI can lower that as well unless you have a specific defect. We only have animal models for that as far as I'm aware as testing involves castration.

Reducing Estrogen Synthesis Does Not Affect Gonadotropin Secretion in the Developing Boar

"Treatment with the aromatase inhibitor reduced testicular aromatase activity by 90% and decreased E2 and ECs without changing acute, long-term, or postcastration LH and FSH"

This isn't the study I had booked marked but that link has died now. There is a rat study somewhere that is more relevent