Sign in to follow this  
Newbie1013

Noob questions sorry

So I’m new to working out and I’m looking for a little advice.

I’m 27 and have tried to work out and stuff before but never really lasted longer than a week or so.

I’ve been going to the gym for around two months and loving the noob gains and gained around 1.5 stone in the last six weeks but I feel like My routine is not very productive.

I’m doing a four day upper/lower split which is working great for me and really enjoying the gains I’m having trouble gaining body fat to go with it. 

I’m eating around 3500-4000 calories but the long workouts make me think I’m using to much calories as I’m at about 4% body fat and unable to get it any higher.

My question is would a upper/lower split alternating with a bro split help with this as I can get more done in less time.

Edited by Newbie1013

13 hours ago, Newbie1013 said:

I’m at about 4% body fat and unable to get it any higher.

WTF - is someone promoting this forum with the equivalent of a post-it attached saying “kick me!”?

Presume the 4% is a typo.  Gaining fat whilst gaining muscle is inevitable I’m afraid. That’s why we bulk and cut. Calories dictate fat gain, not your routine. I would suggest you’d be better staying with u/l split. Whilst you’ll get results with bro split it’s generally better suited to more advanced lifters.