Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

Grime music is sh1t

30 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

I tried to like it but it has nothing of musical value to it. It isn't catchy, the lyrics are basic, the choruses are sh1t and it's just a constant disappointment.

Utter fuckin garbage!! Country is full of this s**t now....cultural enrichment lol or just a bunch of knob heads acting like knobs heads without the intellectual ability to realise they are being.....knob heads!

Check out the Rap battles on 106 & Park! Way better than this crap! Blind Fury is one of my favourites! 

7 minutes ago, KETONES said:

Utter fuckin garbage!! Country is full of this s**t now....cultural enrichment lol or just a bunch of knob heads acting like knobs heads without the intellectual ability to realise they are being.....knob heads!

Check out the Rap battles on 106 & Park! Way better than this crap! Blind Fury is one of my favourites! 

Made by kunts...... for kunts 

17 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Allow me to actually post some decent grime

Yeah, it's not good. Sorry bro.  Are you really saying this is catchy? Has a good melody or song structure? It's bobbins.

4 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Some very talented UK rappers around these days. 

Each to their own though I guess. This guy very good.

Dude that’s shite!

10 minutes ago, KETONES said:

Dude that’s shite!

I like it! 

What you like then? Post link 

Another dude I rate. My kids keep telling me I'm too old to listen to this music 

But what they know. Youth is wasted on the young!

30 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

Yeah, it's not good. Sorry bro.  Are you really saying this is catchy? Has a good melody or song structure? It's bobbins.

I love grime, and have been listening to it since early 2000s. some drill is alright too i guess. Grime derived from garage music, but if its not your thing its cool

13 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

I love grime, and have been listening to it since early 2000s. some drill is alright too i guess. Grime derived from garage music, but if its not your thing its cool

Yeah, I just find it strange how it's usually just non-stop rhymes, with basic lyrics, and no chorus.

My IQ just dropped 10 points from listening to this utter sh1te!

...and before you a55holes start, no...i wasn't the sharpest tool to begin with! :stupid:

19 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

Yeah, I just find it strange how it's usually just non-stop rhymes, with basic lyrics, and no chorus.

Depends, this has normal song structure (verse, chorus, verse etc) and has an obvious melody you can catch and make sense of. 

Then you have freestyles, remixes etc. 

Example. This is self explan - 96 bars with (no chorus). Its just strictly the bars and concept that you have to appreciate 

Then you have radio sets where you get a wheel up (essentially a rewind) if your verse was that good. They also blend different beats (some new, some classics etc), and use different flows and sounds. It can't be articulated tbh, just something you get

Its mostly about bars and how you perform on the beat. You definitely have grime classic "songs" like kano p's and q's which also have a more melodic presence 

But for the most part it doesn't have to resemble a conventional song structure (verse, chorus, verse) to be great. I understand your criticism though completely. 

3 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Depends, this has normal song structure (verse, chorus, verse etc) and has an obvious melody you can catch and make sense of. 

Example. This is self explan - 96 bars with (no chorus). Its just strictly the bars and concept that you have to appreciate 

Then you have radio sets where you get a wheel up (essentially a rewind) if your verse was that good. They also blend different beats (some new, some classics etc), and use different flows and sounds. It can't be articulated tbh, just something you get

Its mostly about bars and how you perform on the beat. You definitely have grime classic "songs" like kano p's and q's which also have a more melodic presence 

But for the most part it doesn't have to resemble a conventional song structure (verse, chorus, verse) to be great. I understand your criticism though completely. 

Yeah the flows not catchy like American rap. I don't see the appeal of it.

2 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

Yeah the flows not catchy like American rap. I don't see the appeal of it.

Brits have always struggled with that. Not sure why. Americans definitely have us beat

7 minutes ago, ILLBehaviour said:

I can't help but feel like grime music hit its peak early on when wiley rhymed "garage" with "garage", I mean that s**t was truly on another level. 

Or when they repeat the same 2 lines about 8 times in a row.

1 hour ago, SwoleTip said:

f**k me that is shite!!!

1 minute ago, KETONES said:

Plastic gangsters lol

They ride around on scooters and bmx bikes lol, robbin people init