Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

Grime music is sh1t

7 minutes ago, Mhoon said:

Love the Stones and seen em many a time. Original they were not. Stole loads off old jazz and blues bands and made it their own. Still class. 

A lot of their early stuff was old blues covers. Muddy Waters even played with them once. And yes, without a doubt they took blues and played it faster. In those days it was called R&B Rhythm and Blues (which means something different these days). And whilst the Rolling Stones largely moved on musically, in the mid 70's R&B made a mini-resurgence with bands like Dr Feelgood and Eddie and the Hotrods making it popular again and loads of pub bands playing it too. In those days (and also the early 80's) pub rock bands would play to absolutely packed out smoky pubs and it was all very similar stuff to early stones music but 20 odd years later. And actually it was these bands that set the scene for punk. So because I liked them, if you watch this clip of Dr Feelgood you can not only see and hear how the Rolling Stones had inspired and influenced them but how in turn, they were majorly responsible for opening the door to punk. Therefore, and I know I'm boring everyone, the Stones in my view were the catalyst for punk and then New Wave and lots that followed.

12 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

A lot of their early stuff was old blues covers. Muddy Waters even played with them once. And yes, without a doubt they took blues and played it faster. In those days it was called R&B Rhythm and Blues (which means something different these days). And whilst the Rolling Stones largely moved on musically, in the mid 70's R&B made a mini-resurgence with bands like Dr Feelgood and Eddie and the Hotrods making it popular again and loads of pub bands playing it too. In those days (and also the early 80's) pub rock bands would play to absolutely packed out smoky pubs and it was all very similar stuff to early stones music but 20 odd years later. And actually it was these bands that set the scene for punk. So because I liked them, if you watch this clip of Dr Feelgood you can not only see and hear how the Rolling Stones had inspired and influenced them but how in turn, they were majorly responsible for opening the door to punk. Therefore, and I know I'm boring everyone, the Stones in my view were the catalyst for punk and then New Wave and lots that followed.

Absolutely correct. And you look at the likes of Joe Perry, Slash and Izzy Stradlin who worshiped the Stones. They went on to form the sound of Aerosmith and Guns N’ Roses.

Just a shame Nirvana (definitely overrated) came along and ruined it all. 

19 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Absolutely correct. And you look at the likes of Joe Perry, Slash and Izzy Stradlin who worshiped the Stones. They went on to form the sound of Aerosmith and Guns N’ Roses.

Just a shame Nirvana (definitely overrated) came along and ruined it all. 

Lead belly and the likes laid the foundation for all modern music..

1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

The Beatles clearly weren't s**t. They were pioneers. Overrated is subjective. How do you ever live up the reputation they have? The latter songs they produced where like nothing else around at the time, and musically it was sublime, especially given how quickly they progressed from writing songs like Love Me Do.  

But as @Kazza61 said, The Stones were where it was really at. Gimme Shelter is one of the finest songs ever written. Sympathy for the Devil isn't far behind. 

Sorry bro but ive tried several times to like their music and i think its s**t. I understand they have a huge legacy, but its all eh to me. I could think of many refreshing artists before and after them that s**t on their music 

2 hours ago, nWo said:

Great analysis. I get the impression the majority of users here are over 40 or at the very least late 30s. So they won't "get" it, like how the music the average person here swears was the best thing ever when they were younger was loathed by the previous generation who thought it was the worst thing to happen to music.

I'm 31 so I grew up listening to Grime music, Drill has its similarities so naturally I'm a fan of Drill too. It's not supposed to be "catchy" or have interesting choruses. It's more about the vibe, the flow, punchlines, references etc. The verses are actually supposed to have more significance than the hooks. People that say there's no depth to the lyrics or skill in the writing are missing the clever wordings, double meanings etc. in the lyrics.

OK then. Post some good grime and drill lyrics. Let's see what what's good.

5 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Sorry bro but ive tried several times to like their music and i think its s**t. I understand they have a huge legacy, but its all eh to me. I could think of many refreshing artists before and after them that s**t on their music 

Names please Swole...

34 minutes ago, KETONES said:

I’ll bum you when you’re a pensioner you cum shot!

Evening brotones. Just thought I’d pop along before beddy byloes. Knew I could tempt you away from your evening of pet shopping and amyl sniffing. 

I’m off to bed with a smile on my face and a semi knowing we’ve chewed the non-binary breeze x 

3 hours ago, SwoleTip said:

Okay what do you guys think ahout stormzy? 

Complete fukking scum.... I was running a door in the west end a few years back that was already at capacity... he said he had 2 people on their way to join his party and we agreed because we’re not kunts....I’d say at 25 turned up!!!!

We explained that obviously only the two we agreed could come in.... he kicked right off ‘fukking racist doormen blah blah blah’.... it was in the news the following day with him saying the club was racist and thst the only reason they weren’t allowed in was because they were black!!!

Just sooooooo typical.... you try and help these fukkers and when they don’t get EXACTLY what they want...everyone is racist 

He’s just another 2 Bob , bit of filth from the road who thinks the world owes him a living 

....... but apart from that I actually think his music crap. :thumb

1 minute ago, EpicSquats said:

It's a joke. You really think this is any good?

Any mong could make something like this.

He is a mong.... just look at him .... proper rude Fuk 

Just now, aLadNamedAsh said:

Gotta lol at drill, uk drill ain’t as good as chiraq drill. Over in USA, the gang stuff stupid af! 

Imagine walking over a few blocks, where the ‘oops’ are and they shoot you down with them glocks 

Uk drill...just lol

Uk drill

kinda decent

But still, drill is s**t 

Replying to the comment about drill lol

1 hour ago, PSevens2017 said:

Evening brotones. Just thought I’d pop along before beddy byloes. Knew I could tempt you away from your evening of pet shopping and amyl sniffing. 

I’m off to bed with a smile on my face and a semi knowing we’ve chewed the non-binary breeze x 

f**k I’m glad! It’s a bit early for bed isn’t it?

Have you been naughty and sent to bed early?

6 hours ago, js77 said:

Names please Swole...

Prince, David Bowie, Marvin Gaye, Jimi Hendrix, led zepplin, billie joel, Radiohead, Queen, guns n roses etc

Just about anything is better than the beatles though. I'd rather listen to westlife and boyzone than them 

5 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

It's a joke. You really think this is any good?

Any mong could make something like this.

Lol you guys couldn't even stay on beat let alone write lyrics that keep people engaged. There's a reason he headlined Glastonbury over a ton of singers. 

5 hours ago, KETONES said:

f**k I’m glad! It’s a bit early for bed isn’t it?

Have you been naughty and sent to bed early?

I have to bro as started getting up early for the gym before work. Can’t be arsed with the gym after work ie 5-30pm. 

So, sent myself to bed which isn’t as satisfying as pi55img someone off, getting shouted at and then sent to bed. 

25 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Prince, David Bowie, Marvin Gaye, Jimi Hendrix, led zepplin, billie joel, Radiohead, Queen, guns n roses etc

Just about anything is better than the beatles though. I'd rather listen to westlife and boyzone than them 

Mate, sorry , I thought you were talking about the Stones......totally agree, the Beatles were awful.

Paul fukking Mcartney..... Yellow Submarine, Hey Jude...... hey fukk yourself....what a kunt!!!

26 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Lol you guys couldn't even stay on beat let alone write lyrics that keep people engaged. There's a reason he headlined Glastonbury over a ton of singers. 

Yeah and it’s got zero to do with him being better than anyone else..... anyway, one mans meat and all that 

Just because I’d like to see him lynched has got nothing to with millions thinking he’s great (mugs)

:thumbup1:

2 hours ago, js77 said:

Yeah and it’s got zero to do with him being better than anyone else..... anyway, one mans meat and all that 

Just because I’d like to see him lynched has got nothing to with millions thinking he’s great (mugs)

:thumbup1:

This is how our parliament got voted in....

And that reason is?....His team are marketing him in such a way that other bellends find this s**t appealing! Then all the unoriginal sheeple that can’t think for themselves gather at the most commercial money making driven event in the UK.

Stevie Ray Vaughn makes Hendrix look mildly exuberant at best:lol: