Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

Grime music is sh1t

28 minutes ago, mal said:

They ride around on scooters and bmx bikes lol, robbin people init

Or stabbing 15 year olds making no money and spending lots of time inside for a robbery at an Apple store!:lol:

2 hours ago, MickeyE said:

I like it! 

What you like then? Post link 

Another dude I rate. My kids keep telling me I'm too old to listen to this music 

But what they know. Youth is wasted on the young!

I can speak Italian....

When I was 16/17 Punk was getting going and I fvcking loved it. Every single adult I knew hated it and that made it even better in my eyes. I think teenagers of the 50's could have said the same about Rock and Roll. So maybe Drill is the music today's kids can own in the sweet and secure knowledge that the majority of adults think it's shite. 

14 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

When I was 16/17 Punk was getting going and I fvcking loved it. Every single adult I knew hated it and that made it even better in my eyes. I think teenagers of the 50's could have said the same about Rock and Roll. So maybe Drill is the music today's kids can own in the sweet and secure knowledge that the majority of adults think it's shite. 

Great analysis. I get the impression the majority of users here are over 40 or at the very least late 30s. So they won't "get" it, like how the music the average person here swears was the best thing ever when they were younger was loathed by the previous generation who thought it was the worst thing to happen to music.

I'm 31 so I grew up listening to Grime music, Drill has its similarities so naturally I'm a fan of Drill too. It's not supposed to be "catchy" or have interesting choruses. It's more about the vibe, the flow, punchlines, references etc. The verses are actually supposed to have more significance than the hooks. People that say there's no depth to the lyrics or skill in the writing are missing the clever wordings, double meanings etc. in the lyrics.

6 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Wut!

Try this one then. Dancehall/UK rap. 

I take your shite I didn’t even listen to and raise you GANGSTAR....even though Guru died...latest album is good it makes all these little puppies in sports direct with milk stains down their hoodies suck a bag of grandad dicks...

23 minutes ago, nWo said:

Great analysis. I get the impression the majority of users here are over 40 or at the very least late 30s. So they won't "get" it, like how the music the average person here swears was the best thing ever when they were younger was loathed by the previous generation who thought it was the worst thing to happen to music.

I'm 31 so I grew up listening to Grime music, Drill has its similarities so naturally I'm a fan of Drill too. It's not supposed to be "catchy" or have interesting choruses. It's more about the vibe, the flow, punchlines, references etc. The verses are actually supposed to have more significance than the hooks. People that say there's no depth to the lyrics or skill in the writing are missing the clever wordings, double meanings etc. in the lyrics.

Lol been listening to....HIP HOP AND RAP since 87!

Grime, Drill etc pure shite!

6 minutes ago, KETONES said:

I take your shite I didn’t even listen to and raise you GANGSTAR....even though Guru died...latest album is good it makes all these little puppies in sports direct with milk stains down their hoodies suck a bag of grandad dicks...

Nah by these guys are legends 

1 hour ago, SwoleTip said:

fu**ing s**t, beatles are s**t too. Two of the most overrated bands of all time. 

The Beatles clearly weren't s**t. They were pioneers. Overrated is subjective. How do you ever live up the reputation they have? The latter songs they produced where like nothing else around at the time, and musically it was sublime, especially given how quickly they progressed from writing songs like Love Me Do.  

But as @Kazza61 said, The Stones were where it was really at. Gimme Shelter is one of the finest songs ever written. Sympathy for the Devil isn't far behind. 

6 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

The Beatles clearly weren't s**t. They were pioneers. Overrated is subjective. How do you ever live up the reputation they have? The latter songs they produced where like nothing else around at the time, and musically it was sublime, especially given how quickly they progressed from writing songs like Love Me Do.  

But as @Kazza61 said, The Stones were where it was really at. Gimme Shelter is one of the finest songs ever written. Sympathy for the Devil isn't far behind. 

Can't agree with your first paragraph but the Gimme shelter bit no-one could argue with. 

22 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Can't agree with your first paragraph but the Gimme shelter bit no-one could argue with. 

Love the Stones and seen em many a time. Original they were not. Stole loads off old jazz and blues bands and made it their own. Still class.