Sign in to follow this  
Lovelyjubly

Regards after every post

6 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Why do some people write a post and feel the need to add their name at the end ? Not knocking it btw. 

Sam

Why don’t you ask @Shergar and find out you little skid mark?

4 minutes ago, js77 said:

Why don’t you ask @Shergar and find out you little skid mark?

Guess force of habit really.

When I started using forums circa 2000 it was the normal thing to do, sign off with your name.

Everybody done it, kind of like etiquette. (Like @Tricky said)

Heck use the search function on here and go back some years and you will see many members doing the same back then I bet.

Coupled with the fact I have to sign stuff off in work a thousand times a day, it's just a natural thing to do.

Danny

5 minutes ago, Shergar said:

When I started using forums circa 2000 it was the normal thing to do, sign off with your name.

Heck use the search function on here and go back some years and you will see many members doing the same back then I bet.

Coupled with the fact I have to sign stuff off in work a thousand times a day, it's just a natural thing to do.

Danny

There you have it @Lovelyjubly

There are quite a few people over the age of 18 still posting on here.

I quite like seeing people do it if I’m honest.

I like to think of Danny sat in his library of books by the likes of Chaucer and Keys smoking fat cigars and stroking a luxurious moustache whilst signing off his post and simultaneously jerking off with a warm, wry smile on his face.

The bellends at work who sign off emails with things like 

Best

on the other hand really boil my piss!

21 minutes ago, Donny dog said:

I quite like seeing people do it if I’m honest.

I like to think of Danny sat in his library of books by the likes of Chaucer and Keys smoking fat cigars and stroking a luxurious moustache whilst signing off his post and simultaneously jerking off with a warm, wry smile on his face.

The bellends at work who sign off emails with things like 

Best

on the other hand really boil my piss!

Agree , people

who sign off with an initial really f**k me off, as do people who start and email with “Hey D...”

with regards to email sign off, for many years I’ve had a secret code that only a few of my team are aware of, my default is “ Thanks”, where I feel the need it is “Regards”, if I think someone has been a. But if a dick “kind regards”, and for absolute cu**s, “kindest regards” 

35 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Agree , people

who sign off with an initial really f**k me off, as do people who start and email with “Hey D...”

with regards to email sign off, for many years I’ve had a secret code that only a few of my team are aware of, my default is “ Thanks”, where I feel the need it is “Regards”, if I think someone has been a. But if a dick “kind regards”, and for absolute cu**s, “kindest regards” 

I use "all the best" for those that I want bad things to happen to. 

On 22/10/2020 at 12:57 AM, Tricky said:

Some people may be more formal and polite and not talking like a 12 year old with text talk?

Text talk in text messages annoy me. Especially now when most people have a smart phone with a full keyboard and spell check. 

2 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

Text talk in text messages annoy me. Especially now when most people have a smart phone with a full keyboard and spell check

Too ducking right mate. 

Horatio 

On 22/10/2020 at 6:26 AM, Shergar said:

Danny

I always thought that was your signature mate. Not sure if I’m using the right word, forums used to have a permanently posted quote at the bottom. Some used their name, others used a life quote, some put a disclaimer. 

4 minutes ago, Spieren said:

I always thought that was your signature. Not sure if I’m using the right word, forums used to have a permanently posted quote at the bottom. Some used their name, others used a life quote, some put a disclaimer. 

Yeah, I remember signatures on forums.

Many of the boards and especially the U.S boards would use that space for sponsorship's/advertisements.

Danny

On 22/10/2020 at 12:57 AM, Tricky said:

Some people may be more formal and polite and not talking like a 12 year old with text talk?

ffs, wut you on about m8? 

Donald