Sign in to follow this  
stone14

Lumbar spine disc replacement

See this quite a bit at the rugby club. Lad I know had the procedure done recently on a fast track basis after he started getting pins and needles in his arms. My mother in law had one done not that long ago and I saw a guy I used to play cricket with a while back and he also had this done.

None of the aforementioned complained of any problems. Seems very common and pretty routine to me.

8 hours ago, Sasnak said:

See this quite a bit at the rugby club. Lad I know had the procedure done recently on a fast track basis after he started getting pins and needles in his arms. My mother in law had one done not that long ago and I saw a guy I used to play cricket with a while back and he also had this done.

None of the aforementioned complained of any problems. Seems very common and pretty routine to me.

Thanks for this Bud. How long ago were these done.? 

18 minutes ago, Spieren said:

Thanks for this Bud. How long ago were these done.? 

Down the years. Mother in law maybe 5. The lad at the rugby club was about 6 weeks ago. He’s fine.

1 minute ago, Sasnak said:

Down the years. Mother in law maybe 5. The lad at the rugby club was about 6 weeks ago. He’s fine.

I read up on it a while back. Both fusion and replacement. I got the impression that both were quite short lived relief. 
Time to get reading again me thinks. 

1 hour ago, Spieren said:

I read up on it a while back. Both fusion and replacement. I got the impression that both were quite short lived relief. 
Time to get reading again me thinks. 

I think any outcome is possible. The folk I refer to all had replacements. It’s quite a big deal because I understand there is a risk. If the surgery goes to plan then it seems to me that outcomes are good