Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lancashiregent

Manchester in Tier 3 lockdown - Gyms stay open

Recommended Posts

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/can-greater-manchester-gyms-stay-19137766

Pubs that don't serve 'substantial meals' must close on Friday in Greater Manchester as the region enters Tier 3 of the lockdown alert system on Friday at 00.01am.

 

Other parts of the hospitality sector must also shut under the new measures, the prime minister announced on Tuesday. 

But unlike in the Liverpool city region, Boris Johnson did not include gyms in his round up of businesses that will be ordered to close their doors.

It appears to mean that, like in Lancashire which has also been placed in Tier 3, gyms will be able to stay open.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lancashiregent said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/can-greater-manchester-gyms-stay-19137766

Pubs that don't serve 'substantial meals' must close on Friday in Greater Manchester as the region enters Tier 3 of the lockdown alert system on Friday at 00.01am.

 

Other parts of the hospitality sector must also shut under the new measures, the prime minister announced on Tuesday. 

But unlike in the Liverpool city region, Boris Johnson did not include gyms in his round up of businesses that will be ordered to close their doors.

It appears to mean that, like in Lancashire which has also been placed in Tier 3, gyms will be able to stay open.
 

 

This is good news. Not just from a ‘I want to go to the gym’ perspective but in terms of making a difference to people’s mental health as well as physical health. It’s going to be challenging enough this Winter but without gym access, it’d be even worse.
 

Pretty sure they can up safety measures in gyms such as wearing masks in between sets if they really needed too. And, if they haven’t already. Whether people believe it makes a difference or not, it’s something that’s a requirement in places you go where it involves being in closer contact with others. 

They’ve not introduced mask wearing in between sets yet where I am (Sutton, Surrey). If the gym enforced it I’d do it if it meant keeping the gym open. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Wonder how many people will end up on the dole after all this is over 

Far too many :(

Gyms staying open in South Yorkshire thankfully. Seems it's down to local authorities now to say if gyms and leisure centres stay open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Far too many :(

Gyms staying open in South Yorkshire thankfully. Seems it's down to local authorities now to say if gyms and leisure centres stay open.

Think they've said Liverpool's will reopen. So think they're all safe for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Saffaboy said:

What the f**k is a substantial meal?  10 packets of crisps would be fairly substantial for most people.  Does it have to be hot food?

Must be a mixed grill only I think. 3 sausages minimum.  Honestly I have no idea though, seems ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saffaboy said:

What the f**k is a substantial meal?  10 packets of crisps would be fairly substantial for most people.  Does it have to be hot food?

What are you talking about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pez189 said:

So gyms Closed in Liverpool for a week? What was the fu**ing point in that. 

They didn’t expect gyms to rebel and stay open and cause such a media stir up gate i f support from tens of thousands raising money to pay any coming fines and even MP’s from all over England backing them in their stance and now it’s been reversed the gyms re open Friday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saffaboy said:

What the f**k is a substantial meal?  10 packets of crisps would be fairly substantial for most people.  Does it have to be hot food?

Apparently it's a common term that landlords should know. If you can serve alcohol to 16 and 17 years olds with their meal, then it's considered substantial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tricky said:

They didn’t expect gyms to rebel and stay open and cause such a media stir up gate i f support from tens of thousands raising money to pay any coming fines and even MP’s from all over England backing them in their stance and now it’s been reversed the gyms re open Friday 

At last.... Brits actually standing up for something they feel passionately about and quite rightly so. 

As @PSevens2017pointed out, gyms remaining open goes far further than just saving the industry....it’s peoples mental health that will have just a big a negative effect on the future of this country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, js77 said:

At last.... Brits actually standing up for something they feel passionately about and quite rightly so. 

As @PSevens2017pointed out, gyms remaining open goes far further than just saving the industry....it’s peoples mental health that will have just a big a negative effect on the future of this country.

Brits in Northern Ireland have been doing it for years glad to see some on the mainland too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Brits in Northern Ireland have been doing it for years glad to see some on the mainland too 

Shall we start blowing sh1t up as well??:thumbup1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

That’s the Irish mate 

Sorry.... didn’t read your post properly 

Still might be an idea to take a leaf out the Irish’ book .... nothing to lose if they close the gyms I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×