9 hours ago, aLadNamedAsh said:

Crazy to think that in the ‘golden era’ they didn’t have anywhere near the knowledge we do now.

For example they had no idea how to get a massive bloated gut in those days. Ignorant fools that they were.

17 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

I don't think the protocols in those days came close to the ones that are common today. And much less polypharmacy too. And they also certainly knew that what they were doing wasn't doing their liver or their balls any favours hence they tried not to stay on too long. The only option for recovery in those days was to come off and give your body time to sort it out. 

Watch the beginning of Pumping when Arnold goes into the gym - he looks like nothing. 3 months later he looks like a different species. 

Not that I'm debating for the sake of it, I had to do a bit more research on my theory and this was a quote from the creator of dianabol, speaking of Olympic competitor steroid usage. That protocol you posted up was very low dosages and I doubt many stuck to the dosages given. I'm not saying they didn't taper up and down but the question is, how high did they taper up? 

Screenshot_20201021_131016_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.b9bc2c60e18a765de18d1fc9788baeda.jpg

17 hours ago, jake87 said:

Not that I'm debating for the sake of it, I had to do a bit more research on my theory and this was a quote from the creator of dianabol, speaking of Olympic competitor steroid usage. That protocol you posted up was very low dosages and I doubt many stuck to the dosages given. I'm not saying they didn't taper up and down but the question is, how high did they taper up? 

Screenshot_20201021_131016_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.b9bc2c60e18a765de18d1fc9788baeda.jpg

That statement is as true now as it was back then. There's no doubt each era takes more than the last. I'm certain there's never been an era where they said, hey let's take less than we were doing 5 years ago! The guys in the early 50's were taking one Dbol a day and from there it just grew and grew. No way was there a generation that took more than is regularly used today. 

3 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

That statement is as true now as it was back then. There's no doubt each era takes more than the last. I'm certain there's ever been an era where they said, hey let's take less than we were doing 5 years ago! The guys in the early 50's were taking one Dbol a day and from there it just grew and grew. No way was there a generation that took more than is regularly used today. 

I'm not debating the progression of doses through the years, but a few years ago I read that the guys in the 60s were doing no more than 40mg of dianabol a day. I'm sure if lou ferrigno thought Arnold was doing 40mg, he would do double and that is the evolution of performance enhancer dosages I spose 

On 20/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, mal said:

Dbol built alot of muscle mass back then...

And it was usually dosed by the handful as opposed to the number of tabs.

Side effect of AAS weren’t really understood fully during the 70’s and massive doses of basic meds including Dbol were used. 

I remember reading years ago from someone close to Arnold who spoke of him using many grams of primo pw as a base.... close to double figures.

These meds’ were readily available, all Pharmaceutical and cost next to nothing for those in these ‘connected circles’. 

1 hour ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Not a bodybuilder but probably had a better insight  than guys on here.

The total package.

He had a brilliant physique back then.

No offence intended here but is he ill?

Hope not, I'll never forget him slamming Yokozuna, fricking strong.

Danny

On 21/10/2020 at 9:38 AM, Kazza61 said:

For example they had no idea how to get a massive bloated gut in those days. Ignorant fools that they were.

Bloated gut?

It's called a power belly, and all real men have one you know. 

15 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Bloated gut?

It's called a power belly, and all real men have one you know. 

Haha. If that makes you feel better.

Interesting that bodybuilders of the past didn't have one but we're just as powerful (Pearl, Columbu, Ferrigno, Herbel, Ellwood all competed in strongman and bodybuilding). I know it's almost the norm now but can you imagine if at the 1977 Mr Olympia one of the competitors had waddled onto the stage looking 6 months pregnant? They would have been laughed off the stage.

6 hours ago, Shergar said:

The total package.

He had a brilliant physique back then.

No offence intended here but is he ill?

Hope not, I'll never forget him slamming Yokozuna, fricking strong.

Danny

He injured his spine I think just twisting or something while sat on a plane. Just some freak accident.