BUFFMAN

Your gyms still quiet?

3 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Which county are in mate? My gyms dead yet it is 2-3 yrs old, has Hammer strength equipment, Elekio bars. Really nice gym. Strange. 

U.K. mate, just down south in a Nuffield gym. 

I would kill for a quiet decent gym! 

I left DW Sport when they went bust, it was dead whenever I trained there. JD opened down the road and killed it off.

Now I'm training at a small, family owned place and I love it. No idea what it was like before the Covid era, but it's reasonable now. I train mid-morning usually and there's probs 5-10 people in max. I reckon anymore than 15-20 and it would be pretty grim. 

I see more people now than before the lockdowns. I go early in the mornings. I can't even imagine how packed it is during peak hours.

I know that a few gyms have permanently shut down so maybe all those members have migrated over.

Went yesterday at 05-00 before I went to work. Busier than it has been during any weekend time I’m been over the last 4-5 weeks. Only by a 2-3 people.

I’ll be going at this time from now on as I really can’t be arsed to go during peak time ie Mon-Fri at 5pm - 7pm. Never been a peak time gym goer. 

Actually got 15 mins of cycling in after leg workout which felt good. First time my heart rate has been above 140 in about 5 months. 

1 hour ago, PSevens2017 said:

I’ll be going at this time from now on as I really can’t be arsed to go during peak time ie Mon-Fri at 5pm - 7pm. Never been a peak time gym goer. 

I haven't been to any gym at a peak time for over 8 years now buddy.

Would rather take up a new hobby than put up with a full capacity.

Anytime from 4am to 7am suits me best but I know that's not possible for everyone.

To the OP, My gym is dead as a dodo at the minute, even at peak times from what I have been told.

Danny

I’m using a Nuffield in Manchester and it’s been pretty quiet though this morning was the busiest I’ve seen it yet. You’re still not waiting for equipment but it’s noticeably busier, mostly in the cardio section .

David Lloyd in derby is like a morgue at certain times and never have I gone there and not been able to do exactly what I wanted.

The price keeps the riff raff away and it’s not accessible unless you drive really so it’s not likely to be over run by students.

I appreciate it’s pricey but it does come with added benefits like always being able to train comfortably and facilities like swimming pools/saunas for a bum.

3 hours ago, Merkleman said:

No my gym is rammed 24/7 ffs. They're pushing too many advertisements and deals at the mo too so that's not helping

Chain type gym?

Danny

I got to a small enthusiast powerlifting gym. Its just as busy now and before covid which i'm happy about.

Keeps people active and keeps people in a job feeding their families. 

On 18/10/2020 at 11:15 AM, BUFFMAN said:

I go to quite a big commercial gym (Fitness First) and I still cannot believe me luck.  No matter what hour I go, it's dead.  Especially since the cases have started rising again.  As selfish as it might sound, I am enjoying working out in a near empty gym. 

How about yours?

They have restricted the opening hours at my gym, so it seems busy pretty much all day.

Luckily as I'm now working from home I can get to the gym at quieter times, but I'd say overall it's very busy.