Sign in to follow this  
ThatsLife

Contact Tracing details can now be shared

10 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

So if you're supposed to be self isolating because you've been abroad of had a positive test, how are the police supposed to prove you are isolating if they don't know who you are or where you live? 

Someone has to know and has to be able to check on you or what's the point of it? 

@wylde99 thoughts, bruv? 

7 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

So if you're supposed to be self isolating because you've been abroad of had a positive test, how are the police supposed to prove you are isolating if they don't know who you are or where you live? 

Someone has to know and has to be able to check on you or what's the point of it? 

If you use NHS Test and Trace you are asked for your details - not least so they can give you the results of your test. It is only the data of those who have tested positive that police will be able to access - I suspect this will be very rare but if they arrest someone it's probably useful for them to know if they should be isolating so they can take appropriate PPE measures. 

6 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

Just another erosion of social liberty in my opinion.  Even if I did buy into the media hype about this virus, the police have better things to do surely. 

Plus I don't see the point of it, I think all these measure we are taking are completely over the top, time we accepted it and moved on.  There's far worse illnesses out there that nobody seems to give a stuff about. 

Gone a hit off topic but that's my two cents.

I don't know the full details so not going to jump to conclusions but this could cause people to not want to eat out. You will think to yourself  do I want to risk losing 2 weeks pay and get imprisoned at home for 2 weeks so that I could have burger and chips at a cafe? 

7 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

@wylde99 thoughts, bruv? 

I mean... Not much surprises me at the moment. 

I still hold hope, hurry up guys and see things for how they are, Human Conciousness is waiting and sort of depending on it. 

2 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

I still hold hope, hurry up guys and see things for how they are, Human Conciousness is waiting and sort of depending on it. 

Anyone able to translate this?

If anyone thinks we might have it bad here right now in the UK, then check out what Canada are considering.

Canadian govt have put out a request for information regarding a service provider for "federal quarantine/isolation sites that will be used to house and care for people for public  health and other federal requirements associated with the Covid-19 pandemic response"

The above is in quotation marks NOT because I have copied and pasted it from some conspiratorial Facebook page, but it is taken directly from the Canadian govt website.

Link here for anyone that is interested. 

https://buyandsell.gc.ca/procurement-data/tender-notice/PW-ZL-105-38463

The issue was raised in Canadian parliament. 

An MP queried details on it and what the intention was.

An answer was given which the MP then sought clarification on, and he was then asked to take his seat with no further discussion allowed.

Google "Doug  Ford and Quarantine Camps" for anyone who is interested. 

Still though, nothing to worry about and not happening here, so its all good....

32 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

Just another erosion of social liberty in my opinion.  Even if I did buy into the media hype about this virus, the police have better things to do surely. 

Plus I don't see the point of it, I think all these measure we are taking are completely over the top, time we accepted it and moved on.  There's far worse illnesses out there that nobody seems to give a stuff about. 

Gone a hit off topic but that's my two cents.

Erosion of social liberty? Can't trust people to wear masks in shops but ok to trust them to self isolate? 

34 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

If you use NHS Test and Trace you are asked for your details - not least so they can give you the results of your test. It is only the data of those who have tested positive that police will be able to access - I suspect this will be very rare but if they arrest someone it's probably useful for them to know if they should be isolating so they can take appropriate PPE measures. 

I have the app. It asked for first part of post code. 

35 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

I don't know the full details so not going to jump to conclusions but this could cause people to not want to eat out. You will think to yourself  do I want to risk losing 2 weeks pay and get imprisoned at home for 2 weeks so that I could have burger and chips at a cafe? 

If it doesn't stop people from wanting to go out, defiantly an incentive not go give the correct details when you're out. 

Think I've only been to one place that manually takes your details. Everyone else just tells you to check in but doesn't check if you have. 

8 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

Erosion of social liberty? Can't trust people to wear masks in shops but ok to trust them to self isolate? 

Yep.  Just another measure of control/surveillance.

Not to mention lying, when we've been told that it's all confidential.  The authorities are stabbing us in the backs yet again. 

5 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

Yep.  Just another measure of control/surveillance.

Not to mention lying, when we've been told that it's all confidential.  The authorities are stabbing us in the backs yet again. 

They're getting details of those who have been told to self isolate. No one else. How else do you expect them to make sure people are isolating? 

50 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Only people who have been told to isolate will have their details passed on, surely that's normal? It's just a deterrent to stop people going out I imagine? That's a good thing imo.

11 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

They're getting details of those who have been told to self isolate. No one else. How else do you expect them to make sure people are isolating? 

The point is they are going back on their word yet again.  And they wonder why public trust is at an all time low. 

It personally doesn't bother me if someone isolates or not. I'm not gonna dob them in. 

42 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

You'd have to be fully retarded to voluntarily download that "tracing app."

Come on...own up...who's done it ???

I'll say it again just so we're all complaining about the right thing - this story is nothing to do with the app.

35 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

I'll say it again just so we're all complaining about the right thing - this story is nothing to do with the app.

Fair enough, I seem to have that part wrong, I'll hold my hands up to that.

The issue for me though is the passing on of people's confidential medical information.  I think this is a very dark avenue they are going down, whats' to stop them in the future having access to whatever other medical information they like, all under the guise of "public prtotection."

1 hour ago, MickeyE said:

You'd have to be fully retarded to voluntarily download that "tracing app."

Come on...own up...who's done it ???

Had to download it on my work Mobile NHS App, people are right in saying it just requires first part of your postcode but it also requires you to have your location data on which means it can track your movements. It mainly sits at home as I rarely take it out now.  It also looks like it ties into the test results as there is an option on the app. 

To be honest everyone's data is being shared all over the place especially if you use Social media. 

Track and trace only works if you disclose your actual address, just write down anything that looks vaguely correct.

The app only works if your location services are turned on. 

22 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

You wouldn’t be imprisoned though. You could still go out. Just leave your phone at home if they can track where you are from it 

1 hour ago, ThatsLife said:

Fair enough, I seem to have that part wrong, I'll hold my hands up to that.

The issue for me though is the passing on of people's confidential medical information.  I think this is a very dark avenue they are going down, whats' to stop them in the future having access to whatever other medical information they like, all under the guise of "public prtotection."

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment - just wanted it to be about the right thing. I reckon it's a bit of an own goal as it may discourage people from getting tested or sharing details of any contacts who ought to be self isolating. As with all these things, the Government fvcks up when it comes to sharing a proper rationale. If they had said, if the police arrest someone they need to be able to check if they should be isolating so they can properly protect themselves I think the majority would say fair enough. 

50 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

You wouldn’t be imprisoned though. You could still go out. Just leave your phone at home if they can track where you are from it 

Would still lose 2 weeks pay because somebody else had it that was in the same room as me. 

4 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

The thing I'm most worried about is being legally required to stay indoors for 2 weeks or whatever because the app says I've come into to contact with someone with a cold virus.

Fk that sh1t, thanks.