Sign in to follow this  
Kazza61

502kg Deadlift.

14 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

But then you don’t wanna lift too light and feel like you’ve not fully psychologically prepared yourself for such a heavy weight. 
Unsure who can advise if no one has done it before and everyone is different. If one has been training heavy lifts they’ll know what works and what doesn’t unless they’ve paid zero interest in their training and just lifted when told to lift. 

Well yes they should know what works for them which is what I mean. They don't just pick random warm up weights it will be from past experience. 

18 hours ago, Donny dog said:

But when you’re going for a 1RM what increase do you aim for?

Before lockdown I was aiming to pull a 200kg dead lift and my lifts before it were 3 reps at 140 2 at 160 and 1 at 180 so nothing like a 10% increase going into my one rep max attempt.

I failed on 3 separate occasions though so WTF do I know??:confused1::D

You know the increase on all of those increments is over 10% the last one being the smallest but still over 10%.

9 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

I'm confused now:confused1:

You were going for 200kg and last warm up was 180kg.

That's similar to him using 50kg less for last warm up.

Yes I know, but in relation to body weight what these lads are doing is pulling 3.5/4 x body weight where as I was only just over 2 x. So I would have thought that when the pulls are so far in excess of your own body weight the percentage increases become much harder?

Im just choppsing really because I don’t know the science behind it all but I’d be surprised if that wasn’t the case.

3 hours ago, lancs_lad said:

You know the increase on all of those increments is over 10% the last one being the smallest but still over 10%.

Please see above. Haha.

22 hours ago, Donny dog said:

But when you’re going for a 1RM what increase do you aim for?

Before lockdown I was aiming to pull a 200kg dead lift and my lifts before it were 3 reps at 140 2 at 160 and 1 at 180 so nothing like a 10% increase going into my one rep max attempt.

I failed on 3 separate occasions though so WTF do I know??:confused1::D

First time I benched 180kg, my last warm up was 150kg. So it was a 20% jump to my 1RM

When you are looking at lifting crazy numbers I think it is more a case of lifting something as close to your target as you can without destroying your body before you go for the big one. I don't think he did anything unreasonable before he went for the record, He just did what he though was reasonable before he went for a weight no human had ever pulled before. Good on him for at least giving it a good shot.