Sign in to follow this  
drwae

Spotting and working in at gyms at the moment

5 minutes ago, Spieren said:

I train with the Mrs at her gym sometimes. We were told the same “bad impression” stuff. It’s bollox mate, nobody is going to be bothered by a couple training together. 

I agree completely. She turned around and said “well we could have a group of guys in here and they could just say they live together also”. Like it’s the same thing between telling a couple apart from just a group of lads trying to pull a fast one. I was fuming lol. 

7 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Im 57.

My first visit to a gym was at 52.

I got a 29min hands-off rails 5km.

I don't give a flying f**k, I enjoy it, that's why I do it.

(But I enjoy money, drugs and pussy even more.)

Do us old guys even use Km  ? 

Ent that like  0.8 mile   

1 hour ago, MrBrightside said:

Work in on machines? 

I would never and have never asked and if anyone asked me I'd tell them to f**k off. I hate that s**t. 

Only been offered to work in a few times, always declined. Happy to wait unless there’s fu**ing 5 of them doing high, mid , low crossovers on the cables or some s**t. I think groups like that are worse than kiddy fiddlers 

9 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

Only been offered to work in a few times, always declined. Happy to wait unless there’s fu**ing 5 of them doing high, mid , low crossovers on the cables or some s**t. I think groups like that are worse than kiddy fiddlers 

I just use something else and mutter angry words to myself. 

Luckily it's dead when I go gym cos I bet it's awful around tea time (dinner for you southerners)

15 hours ago, sean m said:

Do us old guys even use Km  ? 

Ent that like  0.8 mile   

0.6miles for 1km or 5 miles is about 8km

So 5km would be about 3 miles

4 hours ago, MrBrightside said:

I just use something else and mutter angry words to myself. 

Luckily it's dead when I go gym cos I bet it's awful around tea time (dinner for you southerners)

We go when it’s quite busy to be fair which can be a nightmare. Only a small gym.

I don’t like using something else, as I’m keen on tracking progression, or lack of , week on week. And doing things in a different order or using different exercises goes against this. I have done though when I know it’s gonna be a long wait 

2 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

We go when it’s quite busy to be fair which can be a nightmare. Only a small gym.

I don’t like using something else, as I’m keen on tracking progression, or lack of , week on week. And doing things in a different order or using different exercises goes against this. I have done though when I know it’s gonna be a long wait 

How can you track progression if time between exercises varies? :cool2:

9 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

How can you track progression if time between exercises varies? :cool2:

Unfortunately that’s a variable I can’t control, but it’s less so than say a pull down machine to a rotary pull down machine , or cable flies to a pack dec or DB flies. 

On 15/10/2020 at 11:52 AM, AncientOldBloke said:

Im 57.

Who on earth are you trying to kid?The only thing on you that’s close to 57 is your 56inch waist, fatty :beer:

On 15/10/2020 at 4:48 AM, wylde99 said:

I haven't ran on a Treadmill for more then 10mins In Years lol,  Im fitter now at 32 then I was at 22 by far, no Drugd, no drinking no partying... 

I'll try the 5k again soon and post my results, I usually only use the treadmill as a warm up, Rowing or Ski Machine is where the real Cardio is at. 

But you seem to have forgotten that during the PT course the treadmill is referred and emphasised as the only weight bearing CV exercise that aids in bone 'remodelling', 

I would personally add to this the stair master climber machine even though it was not mentioned anywhere in the textbooks, but very likely that I have asked for it during the course. 

as others may know bone 'remodelling' is not the same as growth as the growth plates are already closed seeing that you are 32.. 

But yeah the other CV machines are referred to as a whole body CV exercise. 

Imo much better to build a better base first instead of listening to the brofessors and jumping straight into the weights, just look at how everyone in the olympiad was into another sport before... Except Ronnie Coleman who even did a lot of his bodybuilding training in a powerlifting style.. 

Not everyone has big Ron's genetics to jump straight into powerlifting and then bodybuilding.. 

Actually I could be wrong but think he was playing the American football before that

On 18/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, js77 said:

Who on earth are you trying to kid?The only thing on you that’s close to 57 is your 56inch waist, fatty :beer:

Jiminder Singh Liftjit,

You chose the wrong parents is all.

I take no multivits or mins or skin lotion or botox.

It's a blessing (compliments). It's a curse (looking younger than your current shag-tart).

On 10/17/2020 at 9:41 PM, sean m said:

Why's a nautical mile different than a normal mile?  

A nautical mile is based on the circumference of the earth and is equal to one minute of latitude.

If you were to cut the earth in half at the equator, you could pick up one of the halves and look at the equator as a circle. You then divide that circle into 360 degrees and a degree into 60 minutes. So a minute of arc on planet earth is 1 nautical mile, same applies to air miles.

1 hour ago, TERBO said:

A nautical mile is based on the circumference of the earth and is equal to one minute of latitude.

If you were to cut the earth in half at the equator, you could pick up one of the halves and look at the equator as a circle. You then divide that circle into 360 degrees and a degree into 60 minutes. So a minute of arc on planet earth is 1 nautical mile, same applies to air miles.

Excellent explanation. 

I asked years ago when doing a licence to drive a dive boat and no one knew. 

Although that does sort of feel like a nautical mile should then be different at each latitude as the "slice " wold have a smaller circumference. 

1 hour ago, sean m said:

Excellent explanation. 

I asked years ago when doing a licence to drive a dive boat and no one knew. 

Although that does sort of feel like a nautical mile should then be different at each latitude as the "slice " wold have a smaller circumference. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautical_mile

There would be about a 1% difference in biggest and smallest but it has a defined standard length now it seems