Sign in to follow this  
Lovelyjubly

After Life

Nope.

I believe that life has nothing to do with a god or soul or higher-power. And that simply ‘nothing’ comes after life, including death.

life simply ends with the destruction of my brain because that’s where my life takes place. As a perfect interplay of biological, electrical and chemical processes. 

On 14/10/2020 at 8:35 AM, Kazza61 said:

I believe not one of us will ever have to deal with the fact that we are actually dead - and I actually find that really comforting. No loss, no missing your loved ones, just nothing. I read a nice thing once where someone said you were nothing before you were born and you return to that state after you die. This life is all we’ve got and it would be good if the whole world could wake up to that fact and start to make better use of it.

Before you were born, you were nothing more than an indistinguishable lump of unformed matter. After death, you simply will return to that nebulous state. You are going to become the raw material out of which new beings will be fashioned. Will there be pain in this natural process? No! Pleasure? No! Now, is there anything frightening in this? Certainly not! And yet, people sacrifice pleasure on earth in the hope that pain will be avoided in an after-life. The fools don't realize that, after death, pain and pleasure cannot exist: there is only the sensationless state of cosmic anonymity: therefore, the rule of life should be ... to enjoy oneself!

What if you are already dead?  What if when you die your conscience is still active?  You could be in your coffin right now, six feet under.  At first you went mad with panic and boredom, so your brain...or rather your soul, mind....whatever created this every day scenario -  Your family, friends, job...everyone on here, all something your imagination created to keep you occupied. You've already forgotten about the real family and friends you left behind, what your experiencing now doesn't really exist.  Only in your mind.

Sleep well :D

1 hour ago, BUFFMAN said:

What if you are already dead?  What if when you die your conscience is still active?  You could be in your coffin right now, six feet under.  At first you went mad with panic and boredom, so your brain...or rather your soul, mind....whatever created this every day scenario -  Your family, friends, job...everyone on here, all something your imagination created to keep you occupied. You've already forgotten about the real family and friends you left behind, what your experiencing now doesn't really exist.  Only in your mind.

Sleep well :D

That's me having nightmares :D