UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

After Life

273 views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  Restless83 
#1 ·
Who here believes in an after life ? Or do you believe once you're dead , you're dead. It all ends.

#5 ·
I wish I could believe life or existence was eternal.

For this belief goes against almost every fibre of science and is definitely impossible.

I do believe over the next few hundred years or so, people will be living till around 120 - which studies have suggested is the maximum end of our biological clock.

I also believe should the human race colonise another planet, we as a species, will become as close to eternal as the universe itself.

#6 ·
I wish I could believe life or existence was eternal.

For this belief goes against almost every fibre of science and is definitely impossible.

I do believe over the next few hundred years or so, people will be living till around 120 - which studies have suggested is the maximum end of our biological clock.

I also believe should the human race colonise another planet, we as a species, will become as close to eternal as the universe itself.
Science doesnt know everything and is limited. Its always evolving, progressing.

#8 ·
I believe not one of us will ever have to deal with the fact that we are actually dead - and I actually find that really comforting. No loss, no missing your loved ones, just nothing. I read a nice thing once where someone said you were nothing before you were born and you return to that state after you die. This life is all we've got and it would be good if the whole world could wake up to that fact and start to make better use of it.

#9 ·
I find it hard to think my inner voice will be no more, my body yes that'll die and rot, but what about my consciousness what happens. It just switches off and then what? I find that hard to think about s**t gets crazy deep when you think about it too much, quite depressing too seen as I don't believe in heaven hell etc.

#19 ·
I felt really happy to see that most of you there in the UK do not accept any religious non sense .

I don't know how did you become liberal like that?!!

I hope to live in a society that makes me feel normal when I reject all non scientific beliefs including religion.
Thats faur enough but why does everyone seem to think science has thr answers to everything? Science hasn't proved or disapproved a religion or an afterlife.

Even if it did. Science is always evolving and views can change in the next 100 years as science improves and may discount todays thinking of science.

Science is just one tool you can use to come to your inferences, but shouldn't be the only tool as we have established its limitations.

#23 ·
I don't think you could even imagine what you would be without your senses, eyesight, vision etc. Without your brain. Your memories & experiences, hormones, brain chemicals etc. What we do know that all of these things make you you. When you injure your brain you can literally forget who you are. Look at people with Alzheimer's or someone who's been shot in the head and survived. Now what do you think is left after your body is rotting away in the ground? Consciousness? Is it any different than consciousness in someone else?

These things interested me when I was younger so I smoked a lot of dmt and used lsd. I've experienced incredibly bizarre things. The DMT experience is mind boggling and assuring in a way. What it shows you is that everything is one and everything comes from one. Essentially that means you are the universe/god/consciousness experiencing everything. It's hard to wrap your head around it when you have not experienced existing outside of your body/ego. Your ego wont let you. You want to be unique and special. I don't really care what the truth is anymore. I'd rather make the most I can of this life than waste time thinking about these things. Although it would be kind of bad ass to be god. If you take high enough dosage of any psychedelic you literally experience it. It's one thing to read about it in a forum and another to experience it with different compounds and hear the same thing from other people.

#26 ·
Nope.

I believe that life has nothing to do with a god or soul or higher-power. And that simply 'nothing' comes after life, including death.

life simply ends with the destruction of my brain because that's where my life takes place. As a perfect interplay of biological, electrical and chemical processes.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
What if you are already dead? What if when you die your conscience is still active? You could be in your coffin right now, six feet under. At first you went mad with panic and boredom, so your brain...or rather your soul, mind....whatever created this every day scenario - Your family, friends, job...everyone on here, all something your imagination created to keep you occupied. You've already forgotten about the real family and friends you left behind, what your experiencing now doesn't really exist. Only in your mind.

Sleep well :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.