Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Seppuku71

Airport drop off charges rip off

Recommended Posts

Can anyone decipher this below from B'ham airports website?  This is for their furthest away from the terminal, 'cheapest' option for dropping off people. It says first 20min free. Stays longer than 20min, at standard tariff. But it also says "customers returing before the hour is up won't benefit from the 20min free parking"....  So there's no free parking then?  If you leave at 19min, you pay because you haven't stayed an hour?  Basically, i did a drop off there in Aug, total time was 43 min, and i was mugged of £20 to get out.  When i went to pick up, i went straight to their premium, by the front door car park, was there about 20 min, and paid £3.  Makes no f**king sense.  I'm doing a drop off there again this morning, tempted to use the premium drop off and pay £17 less than the cheap one...

 

Screenshot_20201011-091841.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put the ticket in, if it's less than 20 minutes, it will just spit it out saying no charge. Go to the barrier put it in and off you go.

Edit - Put the TICKET in, I know how some of you deviants think and that's not appropriate in an airport or carpark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Denied said:

Put the ticket in, if it's less than 20 minutes, it will just spit it out saying no charge. Go to the barrier put it in and off you go.

Edit - Put the TICKET in, I know how some of you deviants think and that's not appropriate in an airport or carpark. 

Ok.  So if it's 59min, i pay full for 59min?  But if it hits 1hr, i take off the first 20min? What kinda f**king system is that (if that's what it means)?  And they only show the parking rates at the entry barrier - you can't see it from the car park, you'd have to jump the fence and go in the road where the barrier is. They're a bunch of effing crooks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

Ok.  So if it's 59min, i pay full for 59min?  But if it hits 1hr, i take off the first 20min? What kinda f**king system is that (if that's what it means)?  And they only show the parking rates at the entry barrier - you can't see it from the car park, you'd have to jump the fence and go in the road where the barrier is. They're a bunch of effing crooks!!

No, you pay for the 20 minutes regardless. Assume it's to make sure people do just pick up or drop off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Denied said:

No, you pay for the 20 minutes regardless. Assume it's to make sure people do just pick up or drop off.

But -

"customers returing before the hour is up won't benefit from the 20min free parking"

Plain English from these w**nkers would have been useful.   Think i'm gonna just park right by the door, boot her out, and be off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used the premium drop off. Plenty of time to go in, have a wizz, leisurely walk out - cost me £3.  Might have cost me nothing if i hadn't had to wait while a Pakistani chap at the machine repeatedly tried to stuff coins, then notes, into every slot on the machine, lifting the notice stuck to it to get to one that said "NO CASH PAYMENTS, CARDS ONLY. CASH PAYMENTS AT EXIT ONLY" ffs.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dumbat said:

I read that as , 20 minutes free for drop off, but if you come back with another drop off within an hour you will have to pay full amount.

So only one drop off an hour. 

Nah - if you mean like a taxi doing regular runs in a day, he'd have to be really motoring to be at risk of that.  Drop someone off, leave, get to someone elses house, pick them up, drive back to airport, all within 40min.. not happening.  But the differing opinions here just go to show it's not clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seppuku71 said:

Nah - if you mean like a taxi doing regular runs in a day, he'd have to be really motoring to be at risk of that.  Drop someone off, leave, get to someone elses house, pick them up, drive back to airport, all within 40min.. not happening.  But the differing opinions here just go to show it's not clear.

I think he is correct. You get 20 minutes free but you can't then exit the car park and come straight back in and get another free 20 minutes. 

I think basically it just means you get 20 mins free parking then after that you have to pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

I think he is correct. You get 20 minutes free but you can't then exit the car park and come straight back in and get another free 20 minutes. 

I think basically it just means you get 20 mins free parking then after that you have to pay. 

Well all i know is that on that day, i stayed 43 min (says on ticket), and paid £20. Here's the price list for premium parking, which is right outside the main doorway

 

Screenshot_20201011-153605.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

Well all i know is that on that day, i stayed 43 min (says on ticket), and paid £20. 

Should of been £15 according to that tariff... robbing gits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Should of been £15 according to that tariff... robbing gits!

Yes def overcharged for that.

But I`m sticking to my understanding.

Its the same with the free street parking in my road, free 2 hours of parking, but you cant drive off and come back within 4 hours here or you get fined.

We have a permit scheme which means we now have to pay to park outside our own houses ( albeit a relatively small charge)

Another money spinner for the local council.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Should of been £15 according to that tariff... robbing gits!

No, no - that's the PREMIUM parking tariff, not the economy drop off. Premium is a car park right by the doors.  I paid £20  (in August) after 43 min in the 'economy' parking, which is then a 10 to 15min walk to the airport entrance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

No, no - that's the PREMIUM parking tariff, not the economy drop off. Premium is a car park right by the doors.  I paid £20  (in August) after 43 min in the 'economy' parking, which is then a 10 to 15min walk to the airport entrance.

Wow, so even worse rip off :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dumbat said:

Its the same with the free street parking in my road, free 2 hours of parking, but you cant drive off and come back within 4 hours here or you get fined.

We have a permit scheme which means we now have to pay to park outside our own houses ( albeit a relatively small charge)

Another money spinner for the local council.  

Yeah I've lived in a few places that have needed a permit, one waterfront apartment had limited spaces and often had to park streets away (within my zone).

Years ago I even had to buy a permit to park in the council car park behind my work as only place to park, mind you I used it on days off to park on the streets near the city centre for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×