Anyone on here currently planning to compete? Have competed recently or in the past? Think it might be something they wanna do one day? 

im interested in peoples experiences , how you go about it, where do you start, etc. 

for all the general conversation fucktards, obviously this is related to body building competitions. 

46 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Anyone on here currently planning to compete? Have competed recently or in the past? Think it might be something they wanna do one day? 

im interested in peoples experiences , how you go about it, where do you start, etc. 

for all the general conversation fucktards, obviously this is related to body building competitions. 

I want to compete. I’ll give it a go next year. 

Not in Bodybuilding but I have competed in 'Unequipped' Powerlifting in an old skinny guy category.

If I can get my numbers back up to 500+ I will probably do it again in an even older and skinnier guy category.

All depends on whether my knees will hold up to the stress of the heavy squats and deads.

Dont see the fulfilment in it. Money opportunities are meh too, the amount of them doing gay 4 pay to get by.. 

Even powerlifting. I would have done a competition but f**k all money in it unless you're top tier (e.g eddie hall, larry wheels) 

3 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Even powerlifting. I would have done a competition but f**k all money in it. 

It is not about money.

It about how you can perform at a time and place of someone elses choosing under competition rules.

If you can win and break some minor records no-ne really cares about in the process, so much the better.

Can't see me ever doing a bodybuilding comp though, even if I could look decent enough. Dieting down to  a weight I could be competitive at for a Powerlifting comp was tough enough.

Much respect to anyone who does though!!

33 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Dont see the fulfilment in it. Money opportunities are meh too, the amount of them doing gay 4 pay to get by.. 

Even powerlifting. I would have done a competition but f**k all money in it unless you're top tier (e.g eddie hall, larry wheels) 

Useful Input as usual. I never mentioned anything about money 

4 minutes ago, ByTheNumbers said:

It is not about money.

It about how you can perform at a time and place of someone elses choosing under competition rules.

If you can win and break some minor records no-ne really cares about in the process, so much the better.

Can't see me ever doing a bodybuilding comp though, even if I could look decent enough. Dieting down to  a weight I could be competitive at for a Powerlifting comp was tough enough.

Much respect to anyone who does though!!

In a perfect world, it would be about records and money for me. No record no care. And I'd need a 5 figure paycheck at least

I remember watching tom martin years ago, one of the strongest men in the world, he couldn't even afford to compete in another country and had to ask people to donate (which his attempt wasnt successful). 

4 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

In a perfect world, it would be about records and money for me. No record no care. And I'd need a 5 figure paycheck at least

I remember watching tom martin years ago, one of the strongest men in the world, he couldn't even afford to compete in another country and had to ask people to donate (which his attempt wasnt successful). 

Ok, move back to the tranny and conspiracy threads pal. This ones about people who are interested in it 

4 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

I remember watching tom martin years ago, one of the strongest men in the world, he couldn't even afford to compete in another country and had to ask people to donate (which his attempt wasnt successful

I think most people who compete do it to test themselves and be the best they can be on the day, whether it is looking the best they possibly can or lifting the best they can.

I was deadlifting with a couple of other guys in the gym one day and one of them mentioned competing. Ended up as an "OK I'll do it if you will" kind of thing and next thing we knew we put entries in. With that day as a deadline we trained and dieted like our lives depended on it for months.

No way any of us would have got into the condition we did without that deadline, not to mention the fear of looking like a fecking clown if we got it wrong.

Competing took our training and performance to a new level, can't ask for more than that.

5 minutes ago, ByTheNumbers said:

I think most people who compete do it to test themselves and be the best they can be on the day, whether it is looking the best they possibly can or lifting the best they can.

I was deadlifting with a couple of other guys in the gym one day and one of them mentioned competing. Ended up as an "OK I'll do it if you will" kind of thing and next thing we knew we put entries in. With that day as a deadline we trained and dieted like our lives depended on it for months.

No way any of us would have got into the condition we did without that deadline, not to mention the fear of looking like a fecking clown if we got it wrong.

Competing took our training and performance to a new level, can't ask for more than that.

My thoughts exactly 

24 minutes ago, Simon90 said:

Bodybuilding mate. What about you? 

I’m still toying with the idea, wouldn’t be for a couple of years at least for me. But yeah body building , think I’d like to go through 2/3 years of stacking some mass on, then go through a full prep to see what class I could potentially compete in. 

it’d only be for fun and to see how well I could do. 

edit: I’d be in my 40s by the time I’d consider it so hoping there’s an old timers class :lol:

4 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

93B9F5F5-A864-4B2D-BE4F-C9A8BAE5A3B3.jpeg

Judging by @jeffj’s log and experiences - the mental aspect nowadays must be phenomenal, especially with, but not least, the pressures of social media.

Gone are the days Yate’s et al could train in relative anonymity then swoop in and blow the competition away, let alone on a separate note wanna be insta-stars/influencers & their “followers“ - these kids are pushing for instant gratification and sadly at any price in some cases. 

4 minutes ago, hmgs said:

Judging by @jeffj’s log and experiences - the mental aspect nowadays must be phenomenal, especially with, but not least, the pressures of social media. Gone are the days Yate’s et al could train in relative anonymity then swoop in and blow the competition away, let alone wanna be insta-stars/influencers & their “followers “

Only if you bow down to all that s**t. My only goal would be not to get laughed off the stage!

Not bodybuilding but I want to compete in powerlifting and strong man. Iv always been strong but carried fat which would put me in the super heavy weight categories 
now Iv dropped fat and still continuing to drop fat . Iv got a fast metabolism even at 4500 calories I lose fat and running just makes it even better. If I could compete at a lower weight category I’d be decent for a natty only thing is I drink to much alcohol that f**ks everything up for me. I can’t get to the strength standerd I was before lockdown  because of it