Sign in to follow this  
Pez189

Decent wrist supports?

Never seen the need for them before... Seemed to have built up pretty strong wrists in my teenage years :D  Thinking they might help now though, what’s a decent pair? 

I used to have Cobra grips but I’ve lost them. I’ve Always worn gloves as I get horrible blisters and calluses. 

Not clear whether you’re asking about lifting straps or actual wrist supports?

As far as actual supports go SBD do some fantastic ones.

If it’s straps you’re looking for my personal preference has always been leather ones - I have a pair of Grizzly straps that must be over 25 years old.  Elitefts have plenty on their website - was looking at their leather ones myself the other day in fact.

2 hours ago, Ironman TS said:

Wrist supports. But il miss gloves for the reasons I mentioned above, there must be Some type of workaround. 

2 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Wrist supports. But il miss gloves for the reasons I mentioned above, there must be Some type of workaround. 

Never used them Buddy, but pretty sure I’ve seen lifting gloves with support wrap

3 hours ago, Ironman TS said:

As far as actual supports go SBD do some fantastic ones.

If it’s straps you’re looking for my personal preference has always been leather ones - I have a pair of Grizzly straps that must be over 25 years old.  Elitefts have plenty on their website - was looking at their leather ones myself the other day in fact.

I find the SBD ones much too stiff

Strengthshop do a wide array 

I tend to favor stiff ones for benching and more springy ones for low bar squats but I don't low bar anymore so only own a stiff pair. 

Stiff and elastic are the only two categories, which brand you get is largely irrelevant.

You may as well get 36" as at least then you can bind your wrist up if your grip is weak and you don't want to use straps, that and they of course offer the most support that is legal within competition.