Sign in to follow this  
KETONES

Has the UK lost it’s way?

Intelligence used to be our bread and butter.

Well spoken, well educated.

Class, standards, respect for one another.

Respect for your family.

Good diet when junk food wasn’t available on every street corner.

Smaller classes at schools for a better education.

Less potential employees going for the same roll of employment.

No obesity crisis.

More affordable housing.

Less traffic on the roads.

Less drug abuse.

Less violence on the streets.

Corruption has always been around but we have now become the money laundering capital of the world.

The list is endless!

25 minutes ago, KETONES said:

Intelligence used to be our bread and butter.

Well spoken, well educated.

Class, standards, respect for one another.

Respect for your family.

Good diet when junk food wasn’t available on every street corner.

Smaller classes at schools for a better education.

Less potential employees going for the same roll of employment.

No obesity crisis.

More affordable housing.

Less traffic on the roads.

Less drug abuse.

Less violence on the streets.

Corruption has always been around but we have now become the money laundering capital of the world.

The list is endless!

Said the fella who started a thread about having an itchy arsehole....

I’d say the country was better 20 odd years ago when I was young in the nineties. My parents reckon the same, nineties was a good era. The seventies was grim though. I think the country is better now than it was in the seventies. 

One thing the youth of today have missed out on is the dating scene. Before mobile phones and dating apps boys and girls had no choice but to go out to pubs and clubs and talk to each other. These days many teens and twenty somethings have very poor interpersonal skills and they don’t know how to approach each other.

1 minute ago, Sasnak said:

I’d say the country was better 20 odd years ago when I was young in the nineties. My parents reckon the same, nineties was a good era. The seventies was grim though. I think the country is better now than it was in the seventies. 

One thing the youth of today have missed out on is the dating scene. Before mobile phones and dating apps boys and girls had no choice but to go out to pubs and clubs and talk to each other. These days many teens and twenty somethings have very poor interpersonal skills and they don’t know how to approach each other.

I honestly think the greatest era this nation will ever see is the 80’s!

Even the quality of steds is shite these days, gone are the days a few testovirons and a few pronbol 5 would see a 3 stone gain in 3 months with hulk like strength.

8 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

More young people are going to university than ever.

But can’t get a job so they’ve studied economics and become the health minister!:lol:

Bojo signs off illegal sale of arms to the Saudi Arabians and becomes prime minister....

Dave down the road sells 2oz of weed get caught gets 6 months!

4 minutes ago, mal said:

Even the quality of steds is shite these days, gone are the days a few testovirons and a few pronbol 5 would see a 3 stone gain in 3 months with hulk like strength.

Yeah you know when the gear is good that’s the truth!

All this s**t nowadays is like taking cough medicine thinking it’s smack:lol:

Agree. The 80s I think was the first decade when people had a bit more money. Suddenly new cars, package holidays, people given the right to buy their council house. Yes lots lost their jobs up north, pits etc. But production/manufacturing was still strong. 

For me I still respected my parents, teachers and the police, you knew the consequences if you didn't. 

We were tought manners, paper rounds, Bob a job, Cubs, Scouts and youth clubs.  Mums were nearly all working then too, that also sets a good example to their children imo.

Yes you have to work in life if you want nice things. But now you could strive for nice things. Save and buy, that's how I was tought.

Speak to anyone now and it's not a getting older and grumpy. Everyone sings the same tune, the good years have gone.

People all have massive mortgages, drive cars they will never own, credit cards maxed out, live month to month and are only a few months away from losing the lot, just for the sake of having it and now you can, even if you carn't afford it.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame, fake Facebook, Instagram, hate it all. 

Rant over.

6 minutes ago, Philfg said:

Agree. The 80s I think was the first decade when people had a bit more money. Suddenly new cars, package holidays, people given the right to buy their council house. Yes lots lost their jobs up north, pits etc. But production/manufacturing was still strong. 

For me I still respected my parents, teachers and the police, you knew the consequences if you didn't. 

We were tought manners, paper rounds, Bob a job, Cubs, Scouts and youth clubs.  Mums were nearly all working then too, that also sets a good example to their children imo.

Yes you have to work in life if you want nice things. But now you could strive for nice things. Save and buy, that's how I was tought.

Speak to anyone now and it's not a getting older and grumpy. Everyone sings the same tune, the good years have gone.

People all have massive mortgages, drive cars they will never own, credit cards maxed out, live month to month and are only a few months away from losing the lot, just for the sake of having it and now you can, even if you carn't afford it.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame, fake Facebook, Instagram, hate it all. 

Rant over.

Damn right!!

34 minutes ago, KETONES said:

But can’t get a job so they’ve studied economics and become the health minister!:lol:

Bojo signs off illegal sale of arms to the Saudi Arabians and becomes prime minister....

Dave down the road sells 2oz of weed get caught gets 6 months!

Have a load of mates who have had to get jobs in areas they didn't do a degree in. One did a degree in history and is now in the London Met :confused1:

46 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

All end up in 50k plus debt and more often than not their part time job becomes a full time. I was amazed when I taxied, how many ended up as bar managers. It's sad really. 

23 minutes ago, Jacob76 said:

It all stems from the lack of critical thinking ( problem solving ) versus modern  academic  education  ( multiple choice questions ) 

That's what scares me about American doctors, they degree is 99% multiple choice.... Worrying.

3 minutes ago, Zoob1234 said:

That's what scares me about American doctors, they degree is 99% multiple choice.... Worrying.

Pill mill GPs lol now the biggest killer in the states is overdose....

20 minutes ago, Zoob1234 said:

Have a load of mates who have had to get jobs in areas they didn't do a degree in. One did a degree in history and is now in the London Met :confused1:

I'm not surprised. Doing history at uni is hardly going to give you loads of job opportunities. :lol:

6 minutes ago, KETONES said:

Pill mill GPs lol now the biggest killer in the states is overdose....

There was a interesting thread on twitter in regards to the doctors and media who were screaming about the perils of HCQ , while for over a decade 45,000 teens died per year from Oxys 

7 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

I'm not surprised. Doing history at uni is hardly going to give you loads of job opportunities. :lol:

Hahaha yeah this is true. Was more shocked that he decided to be a bobby due to hating being told what to do and authority at school

24 minutes ago, Jacob76 said:

There was a interesting thread on twitter in regards to the doctors and media who were screaming about the perils of HCQ , while for over a decade 45,000 teens died per year from Oxys 

Then they found black tar heroin because they couldn’t afford the oxy anymore now it’s laced with fentanyl ffs!

2 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

Universities have become nothing more than cash cows now charging students £9k a year to do pointless trivial courses just so they can claim their tuition fees off the government. Then add to that all the international students they allow to flood in from other countries to boost their coffers further. 

The standard of education hasn't improved at all based on the amount of people I see coming out of there who can barely spell and lack any grammar skills going forward. 

When I was at uni between 1996 and 1999 I was fortunate in that I got a grant worth 1,600 a year and a student loan (which I had to pay back) worth another £1,600 a year providing me with just over £500 a month to pay my rent and buy my food and I consider myself lucky I got through it. The Tony Blair got voted into power in 1997 in a landslide and scrapped the grants (despite promising pre-election that he wouldn't) so I was the last cohort that made it through on the old grant system.