Sign in to follow this  
Tricky

Anyone had Covid

So who all has tested positive for covid and how did you find it? I’ve tested positive seems to be just sore ears, sore head, lethargic and slight cough. Nothing to bad and I imagine in 2/3 days I’ll be fine tho guidelines dictate I must self isolate now for 10 days since test 

3 hours ago, Tricky said:

So who all has tested positive for covid and how did you find it? I’ve tested positive seems to be just sore ears, sore head, lethargic and slight cough. Nothing to bad and I imagine in 2/3 days I’ll be fine tho guidelines dictate I must self isolate now for 10 days since test 

I am glad you aren't too bad buddy

Any ideas on where or who you might of caught it from?

Not had it personally but next doors little boy did, not that you would of known, he was on his trampoline day and night whilst off school and booting the football against my fence

Danny

It mad me laugh on the news the other day! They had a guy who had had Covid and recovered telling us how bad it was blah blah....he also recovered from Cancer, a broken back and a heart transplant that same year ffs:lol:

Honestly BBC is like watching people just do nothing it’s a comedy show!

You’ll be fine mate! 

I literally don't know anyone who's had a positive. and we're testing out teams regularly every time they fly in etc. I had "friends of friends" getting diagnosed over the phone but I literally don't know one person who's had a positive test. 

Wife who works for the nhs had a retrospective antibodies test and that came back positive. She was never ill at any point. I lost my sense of smell in April before it was a recognised symptom. I was never ill at any point 

My Mrs had it, not tested. But felt Shite for 5 days and lost smell and taste for two weeks. She had the antibody test a few months later and came back positive. 
I must have had it too, only symptoms I had were feeling hot for a couple of days, no temperature. My antibody test came back negative. 

7 hours ago, Tricky said:

A few in work have had it,

One was out running up hills 4 days after his test saying he felt great, i don't blame him. 

I had the antibody test but it was negative. Would have been nice to have had it and not known. Girl at work in her 20’s got it and was really bad for about a week (worst sore throat and chest imaginable she said) - her mother and brother had it too. They all recovered in about 2 weeks. Window cleaner’s wife, best friend and neighbour all got it. Again all better in about 10-14 days. My best mate works as a porter at local hospital and out of 12 porters, 8 of them have had it - no deaths though. Luckily he hasn’t caught it. With knowing him I get to hear about people I know who have died and the few I know that have were all getting on a bit (70+). He tells me it was really bad down there earlier in the year but pretty quiet so far as far as any second wave goes (about 6 in ICU currently). Pretty nasty way to go though. It’s clear the greatest risk is being carried by the elderly (our parents and grandparents) and most of the younger ones seem to predominantly be overweight and have diabetes. 

49 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

I had the antibody test but it was negative.

Apparently there's question marks regarding the reliability of antibody testing to show immunity.

"Experts" are saying that many have immunity that test negative for antibodies. It appears that in a lot of people that only have mild symptoms (or none) the body doesn't need to create antibodies to fight the virus.

Makes sense really when you look at Sweden, they went from one of the highest infection rates in Europe to currently one of the lowest. And their antibody testing only showed around 10% of the population had acquired antibodies.

How did they achieve that with no lockdowns, draconian measures or vaccine?

Despite the antibody results, herd immunity would seem to be the only logical answer.

They reckon the T  cell test is a more reliable test for determining immunity.

My brother’s had it. Lost his smell & taste over the Easter weekend, temperature was high and felt like s**t for a week or so. The last 2 things have subsided but he’s still not fully recovered the smell & taste. He says that first thing in the morning when he wakes up, everything smells and tastes like rotten cheese & onion crisps. Same thing when he gets to work (at the hospital).

slightly concerning that he’s still got symptoms 6+ months on.

Like most thought I'd had it at the beginning before it all kicked off but who knows. 

Probably know about 15-20 confirmed cases. Most either no symptoms and only found about it because of testing to go on holiday or routine testing for work. A few more mild symptoms for a week.

Old work colleague, in his early 60s probably not the healthiest person, was in hospital for a couple of weeks. Recovered with no lasting issues.

Wife's work colleague is still pretty screwed 4 months on, suffering from fatigue. Originally assumed it was her being a bit of a melt, as she works in mental health and there seems to be a lot of that s**t but seems it's definitely a thing for some. 

Friend of a good friend of mine, says his mates completely screwed months on, out of breath just getting up to the bathroom, young fit lad before. 

Aunties partner died from it but he was already in hospital with heart complaints, so just helped him on his way and my grandma who was in her 90s and in a care home for years, so probably a blessing as shed not had any quality of life for years.

7 minutes ago, Denied said:

Like most thought I'd had it at the beginning before it all kicked off but who knows. 

Probably know about 15-20 confirmed cases. Most either no symptoms and only found about it because of testing to go on holiday or routine testing for work. A few more mild symptoms for a week.

Old work colleague, in his early 60s probably not the healthiest person, was in hospital for a couple of weeks. Recovered with no lasting issues.

Wife's work colleague is still pretty screwed 4 months on, suffering from fatigue. Originally assumed it was her being a bit of a melt, as she works in mental health and there seems to be a lot of that s**t but seems it's definitely a thing for some. 

Friend of a good friend of mine, says his mates completely screwed months on, out of breath just getting up to the bathroom, young fit lad before. 

Aunties partner died from it but he was already in hospital with heart complaints, so just helped him on his way and my grandma who was in her 90s and in a care home for years, so probably a blessing as shed not had any quality of life for years.

I know someone who has a strong work ethic and is very professional and takes pride in their job and had mild covid in march and is still a wreck and unable to work. They were lean and fit andid 30's with no known health issues. This long covid is a bit of a worry.

Well hopefully as you all say I’ll be back fit in a few days. It’s just a sore chest cough, aching ears but really tired and lethargic. Just resting up and hope by next week I’ll have an appetite back and not feel like I need to sleep all day. I’m 30 young and fit so should be fine just dread to think I could still be lethargic in months to come from it. 

My missus came back from Liverpool and tested Postitve after a high temp I then tested positive 

4 hours ago, a.notherguy said:

I know someone who has a strong work ethic and is very professional and takes pride in their job and had mild covid in march and is still a wreck and unable to work. They were lean and fit andid 30's with no known health issues. This long covid is a bit of a worry.

10% of cases have symptoms after a month and .5% after 3 months. But don't know what the ratio is between those still showing mild symptoms and those still be pretty ill. Plus now it's in the public domain, how many it's just psychosomatic.

8 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

Never thought of that, fantastic!!!  No bloody annoying kids knocking the door begging for stuff every 2 minutes, result!!

Best get some treats in just incase, just make sure they're ones you like :whistling:

4 hours ago, SwoleTip said:

Halloween gonna be s**t for kids this year, and Christmas 

Only for those that knock my door. Can’t believe they don’t like chocolate covered chillis... :confused1: