Sign in to follow this  
Pez189

How often to eat red meat?

Unless you a eat a lot of red meat which is totally disproportionate to the other foods you eat I don’t personally think it’s worth worrying about. Meats high in nitrates are far worse for health, bacon in particular. The ideal safe amount of bacon to eat is none at all.

Just actually read the link and its fu**ing retarded advice, its telling people to switch their beef burgers to a chicken, fish or veggie burger (all likely to be battered/breaded and deep fried vs. simply grilled for the beef one)

1 hour ago, drwae said:

I fu**ing hope not, I eat over 500g of beef a day :lol:

Well the link Suggests it’s dangerous to eat more than 3 slices of ham lol.  

what a load of shite. 

I eat red meat near enough every single day, baring Sundays which is normally Lamb or roast chicken

Never done me any harm

I was always mad and crazy lol

In all seriousness bacon, sausage and rustler burgers would be far more worrying for me than a sirloin or piece of rump everyday

Danny

I don’t eat red meat that often. I think if you were to eat it everyday it might effect cholesterol but I don’t think anywhere near as much as having sausages and bacon everyday which arnt red meat 

2 hours ago, Essexdan said:

Why is bacon so bad. 

Nearly 70% fat and half of that is saturated fat, so each oz is approx 30mg of cholesterol.

Bacon also contains nitrosamines, which damage the cells in the lining of the bowel and can lead to cancer.