Lovelyjubly

Laser eye surgery

8 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Anyone ever had this done ? What are your experiences? Costs?

Seems like the lasik surgery would easily cost around 4 to 5k. Wonder if going to Turkey might be a better option for it.

I’m looking into this as well this year, would be interested to see how people got on.

With something like this though, I would stick to using U.K. experts as opposed to a cheaper alternative abroad. 

48 minutes ago, Wildkid said:

I’m looking into this as well this year, would be interested to see how people got on.

With something like this though, I would stick to using U.K. experts as opposed to a cheaper alternative abroad. 

Well, If you’re able to see how they get on, you Obviously don’t need the surgery. 

Not the most pleasant procedure when they slice the top of your eye off but well worth it. Must be over 15 years ago I got it done. Had to go with the expensive one, which I think is the lasik.

Not had any issues since and if your like me and had to wear contacts or glasses all the time, well worth it. Just simple things you never thought of, day in the beach can see what you're doing without having to take your glasses off to go in the sea, or change your contacts after.

2 hours ago, Denied said:

Not the most pleasant procedure when they slice the top of your eye off but well worth it. Must be over 15 years ago I got it done. Had to go with the expensive one, which I think is the lasik.

Not had any issues since and if your like me and had to wear contacts or glasses all the time, well worth it. Just simple things you never thought of, day in the beach can see what you're doing without having to take your glasses off to go in the sea, or change your contacts after.

I don’t think they have to slice open your eye anymore 

27 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

I can't remember which is which but there is lasik and lesek, I had the one which they slice open your eye. I think its lasek, most people are suited for the lesik though and it's relatively pain free from what I hear.

Mine was very very painful for the two weeks after but very well worth it. 

I had the free test consultation  they said I  don't  need laser surgery  I need lens replacement which is the same as  cataract  surgery  I want to  get  it done  but it cost over £7000 which I  can't afford at the moment  its interest free if you pay off in a year or I think  its  about  11% interest   the think that  bother me is the thought of something going wrong 

4 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

Think they can use lasers to cut it off but still need to lift the top layer off to burn what's underneath, well I assume that's what's going on, as it smells like burnt hair.

On 28/09/2020 at 9:24 AM, Denied said:

Has your eyesight deteriorated at all ?? 

I had it done ten years ago. Best decision ever. 100% no regrets. No deterioration. I know at least 8 or 9 who had it done too. Everyone totally satisfied. 

f**k being a specky 4eyes nerd. 

I guess you could take the cheaper route and it most likely would be fine but it's your eyes. Personally I would do a Thai whore bareback rather than take the chance of a cheap foreign operation.

On 28/09/2020 at 9:57 AM, Wildkid said:

I’m looking into this as well this year, would be interested to see how people got on.

Why? cheaper doesn't mean they aren't experts... infact often they're class especially in turkey. 

5 hours ago, Big Gee said:

Has your eyesight deteriorated at all ?? 

Not that I've noticed. Was told I'd need to wear reading glasses in my 40s. Early 40s now and not had to yet. Told there is a procedure to correct that when it comes up. Not sure I'll bother with it, if it's another 4-5k.