Sign in to follow this  
aLadNamedAsh

Muscle sparing/ anti catabolic?

Not sure if I’m wording this correctly but..

Something I’ve never really understood is the whole ‘anti catabolic’ and muscle sparing properties of drugs?

You hear things like;

tren is good for preserving muscle/anti catabolic. 

Dnp is anti catabolic/muscle sparing.

HGH is good at preserving muscle. 

Being on trt is sufficient for maintaining muscle..excluding big ramy status. 

From an outside eye, you’d think that if you used any of the above drugs then surely you’d be forever in a anti catabolic state..? Assuming the dose is relative to the amount of muscle you have.

So what’s the difference, if any?..with such drugs when it comes to being muscle sparing/preserving muscle/being anti-catabolic.

Not including cosmetic effects and I’m not talking in relation to how they’re used by the top guys like ramy etc.

17 hours ago, aLadNamedAsh said:

Something I’ve never really understood is the whole ‘anti catabolic’ and muscle sparing properties of drugs?

You hear things like;

From an outside eye, you’d think that if you used any of the above drugs then surely you’d be forever in a anti catabolic state..? Assuming the dose is relative to the amount of muscle you have.

So what’s the difference, if any?..with such drugs when it comes to being muscle sparing/preserving muscle/being anti-catabolic.

Not including cosmetic effects and I’m not talking in relation to how they’re used by the top guys like ramy etc.

I thought all anabolics were made to prevent muscle wastage. That's what they're invented for isn't it? 

19 hours ago, aLadNamedAsh said:

You hear things like;

So they can't overcome myostatin, they can't always overcome cortisol.

Tren is so good as a cutting agent, because it interacts with the glucocorticoid receptor, which means it can supress cortisol which causes muscle wasting.

Cortisol increases as you get further into a diet and lower and lower BF. If youre natty, so does testosterone, which is why most natties are half the size when they get on stage vs off season lbm. The ones that don't shrink a lot are stand out fake natties.