Sign in to follow this  
JohnnySack

hip thrusters

They are good for the gluteus and hamstrings. And you can use them to do the bridge (on shoulders, not the head) for back. 

That exercise is a good addition to the Bulgarian half squats and romanian deadlifts 

13 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Looks gay so never done them :mellow:

Guy at the gym I went to was doing it with a bar across his hips. Looked like he'd been abandoned by his reverse cowgirl partner and was cracking on anyway. 

1 hour ago, JohnnySack said:

these new fangled hip thruster things that seem to have become hip and trendy recently...what the f**k do they do exactly ? I've even seen blokes doing them...

Complete waste of time mate....just another bullshit trend made popular by various coaches and PT’s trying to justify their worth

4 hours ago, wylde99 said:

Excellent for the Glutes, strong Glutes mean more support for the back and also activates them making Squats and Deadlifts easier as the Glutes are firing in the movement. 

Totally agree. Some many people who sit all day have an inactive core and glutes. I did for years and it contributed to numerous injuries. 

Yes maybe not so great for the guy's simply looking to tart up for a night in spoons but they're amazing for back health and overall lower body strength. 

All the strongest people in the world will have extremely well developed and powerful glutes. 

Some may get 'enough' stimulation from squats and pulls but others will need to directly train their glutes and ALL will benefit from doing so. 

19 hours ago, swole troll said:

Yes maybe not so great for the guy's simply looking to tart up for a night in spoons but they're amazing for back health and overall lower body strength. 

All the strongest people in the world will have extremely well developed and powerful glutes. 

Some may get 'enough' stimulation from squats and pulls but others will need to directly train their glutes and ALL will benefit from doing so. 

OK fair play...but this particular exercise seems new to me. Until recently I have never seen anyone perform it nor seen any machines for it. So...what did people used to do ?

I'm guessing spoons is like the hippodrome ?

7 minutes ago, JohnnySack said:

OK fair play...but this particular exercise seems new to me. Until recently I have never seen anyone perform it nor seen any machines for it. So...what did people used to do ?

I'm guessing spoons is like the hippodrome ?

Glute bridge or Hip thrusts with a barbell and bench.

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

Glute bridge or Hip thrusts with a barbell and bench.

Would you do them in leg day? Wondering if I can slot them in somewhere on my routine as my squats are shocking .

I was thinking I actually need someone to help me with squats as I seem to have hip/pelvis/joint issues that add to my overall weakness. But if i can build up other areas I might not need it 

7 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

Would you do them in leg day? Wondering if I can slot them in somewhere on my routine as my squats are shocking .

I was thinking I actually need someone to help me with squats as I seem to have hip/pelvis/joint issues that add to my overall weakness. But if i can build up other areas I might not need it 

Yes definitely 

Leg day or lower day encompasses from the waist down which your glutes are a part of. 

Just make sure you get your foot placement right and you're actually feeling it in the glutes. 

It can be easy to load the hams or even quads to a degree with the wrong foot placement. 

You want to make sure you've got it right and really focus on contracting hard on the concentric. 

17 minutes ago, shredcity said:

Definitely gay building glutes that women gawk at and grab at every opportunity.

You pancake ass blokes don't stand a chance. 

Erm...

On 9/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, TERBO said:

I've build decent enough glutes from squats alone ;)