Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

40 dead from Covid in UK yesterday.

3 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

The death rate of flu is 0.1. If you search for the death rate of covid yourself all you’ll here is between 3 and 4%

The following is the US survival rate. Bare in mind 37% of the population  are obese, & an additional 32% are overweight, so considering a country with poor health... 

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i. e., IF infected) for COVID19:

0-19 99.997%

20-49 99.98%

50-69 99.5%

70+ 94.6%

Didn't see it reported much

https://mobile.twitter.com/Adam_Creighton/status/1308652790823051264

Average age of death is 70s by the way. And less than 10k people there have had covid only deaths

36 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

That’s because the government are trying there hardest for herd immunity to not happen. We beat the Spanish flu through herd immunity. Yet we are supposed to rely on a vaccine that may not even happen. 

Herd immunity definitely played a notable part, but alot of it was also down to the spanish flu mutating into a less lethal strain.  

3 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Herd immunity definitely played a notable part, but alot of it was also down to the spanish flu mutating into a less lethal strain.  

I’m sure immunity is what makes a virus mutate into something less lethal 

3 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

currently around 6k daily cases from an average of 230k tests a day, its nothing.

when you look at the UK death toll covid is way at the bottom.

450 daily deaths from cancer

460 daily deaths from heart disease

even 18 people a day from suicide.

also people are struggling to get treated for things like cancer and heart disease because hospitals arent open, so in months and years time you watch those deaths increase massively.

i agree could be a way to increase medical negligence to depopulate nhs dependant people. less patients less money invested... anything can be done with the excuse being its because of a pandemic.

2 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

I’m sure immunity is what makes a virus mutate into something less lethal 

Viruses tend to “evolve” to become less lethal. If your dead or incubated you can’t pass on the virus.

If you have a mild form and your going about your life you will pass it on.

The milder mutations reproduce more and eventually take over. Its not in the viruses interest to kill its host.

15 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

The economy's fvcked and only 40 people died in the UK yesterday from Covid. In a nation of 60 million people. We need to open everything back up and go back to normal.

That’s the equivalent to one bomb with technical support we sold the Saudi Arabians.

April 2020, we did just 20k tests a day and found 5k positive cases.

Sep 2020, we're doing 230k tests a day and finding 6/7k positive cases.

So....surely that means the virus was more wide spread in April and now much weaker now?

We're testing 10x as many people as in April yet only finding, currently, around 6/7k cases a day.

It doesnt add up. 

Also admissions to hospitals is extremely low and doesnt match the surge in cases, no where close! So is the virus now weaker or wasnt as deadly as people told you?!

I think theres no second wave! 

I just cant get my head round why any country would cut its own throat and ruin its economy???

16 minutes ago, Hong Kong phooey said:

It's all about power and control.

Manufacturing a crisis is part of the controlling mechanism.

So why would so many competing governments and economies who can't even agree on trade, climate change, NATO and overseas aid all suddenly agree to do this (and why would a few not)?

There are easier ways of controlling the population than this. IF that is what they are trying to achieve, they are shooting themselves in the foot financially 

2 hours ago, jake87 said:

There are easier ways of controlling the population than this. IF that is what they are trying to achieve, they are shooting themselves in the foot financially 

Exactly. Facebook and YouTube are far simpler (and cheaper) methods of telling populations what to think and do. Let it out on those that the governments are not telling us about an impending pandemic and people will be demanding to wear masks and lockdown. 

42 minutes ago, jake87 said:

Shoot useless members of the public?? Agree 

2 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

April 2020, we did just 20k tests a day and found 5k positive cases.

Sep 2020, we're doing 230k tests a day and finding 6/7k positive cases.

So....surely that means the virus was more wide spread in April and now much weaker now?

We're testing 10x as many people as in April yet only finding, currently, around 6/7k cases a day.

It doesnt add up. 

Also admissions to hospitals is extremely low and doesnt match the surge in cases, no where close! So is the virus now weaker or wasnt as deadly as people told you?!

I think theres no second wave! 

I just cant get my head round why any country would cut its own throat and ruin its economy???

We didn't have mass testing in April mate. Mass testing became available after lockdown. So in April we were only testing those who had what were perceived to have serious infections - often those who were hospitalised etc. Also bear in mind the number of tests does NOT equal the number of people. Some are tested and re-tested due to inconclusive results etc. It's well known that the testing isn't accurate. To sum up, yes, you're right, there are MANY, MANY more infections in April. That's why were locked down so hard I guess.

There's  a theory that at the peak we were actually seeing tens, if not hundreds,  of thousands of infections (not 5-6k as the testing suggested). We simply didn't have the capacity to test that many at the time. This is why confirmed cases are at similar numbers now to the peak, but hospitalisations are lower. There's a consensus amongst epidemiologists that the virus isn't weakening in potency - I think that's just wishful thinking be certain sectors.

46 minutes ago, Lancashiregent said:

Relax guys. 

We can trust the state and Bo Jo.

Those boys have got our back.

Alright Cummings, you can't fool me. 

4 hours ago, SwoleTip said:

Just had a random flashback of when everyone used to clap every thursday at 8 o clock

b120870638402a6e76ebf12d78d2e08d.gif

What pissed me off, were the people running to Facebook straight after, just to let everyone knows what they just did.  The look at me/Like me brigade.