Sign in to follow this  
Lovelyjubly

Any decent autobiographies to read?

I'm liking David goggins atm

His life story is pretty cool, was a fat fucker then turned it around, did a 100mile run with no training and s**t himself, tells everyone to go f**k themselves...

Why are angry black guys so God dam inspirational?

Book is called 'can't hurt me'

I have two that I've re-read loads and would really recommend.

Mad bad and dangerous to know - Sir Ranalph Finnes (the explorer) - dude cut off his own fingers with a saw because they had frostbite.

On the move - Oliver Sacks - Really cool neuroscientist/powerlifter/bodybuilder/all round genius

39 minutes ago, elmanio said:

I'm liking David goggins atm

His life story is pretty cool, was a fat fucker then turned it around, did a 100mile run with no training and s**t himself, tells everyone to go f**k themselves...

Why are angry black guys so God dam inspirational?

Book is called 'can't hurt me'

https://plagueofstrength.com/you-screamed-about-it-and-you-got-i/

53 minutes ago, Zoob1234 said:

I have two that I've re-read loads and would really recommend.

Mad bad and dangerous to know - Sir Ranalph Finnes (the explorer) - dude cut off his own fingers with a saw because they had frostbite.

On the move - Oliver Sacks - Really cool neuroscientist/powerlifter/bodybuilder/all round genius

I'll give the Sir Ranalph Finnes book a read myself the dudes a legend :thumb

2 minutes ago, Restless83 said:

I'll give the Sir Ranalph Finnes book a read myself the dudes a legend :thumb

Think you'll like it man, he has written quite a few, but that's one of his better ones. Pretty sure he's run 7 marathons in 7 days 2 weeks after having open heart surgery?!

I'll search it out mate I find people like him really interesting,people who get things done and push the boundaries.Just watched walking the Amazon with Ed Stafford you seen that? Its a good watch walked the full length of the Amazon took him 860 days need some mental strengh for that.

+1 for ranulph. Worked with him many times, one of the nicest guys you’ll meet. Lived an incredible  life but he’s still very modest About it. 

If you’re into exploration stuff. Chris bonnington also has some good books, as does Doug Scott. 

edmund Hilary (first man to climb Everest) 

rik mayall

billy Connolly 

robert Webb

Mark Oliver Everett (lead singer of the eels) - great book. 

Arnold Schwarzenegger 

Serial killer stuff:

a question of doubt - John Wayne gacy 

Gates of Janus - Ian Brady 

Son of hope - David berkowitz (son of sam) 

2 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

+1 for ranulph. Worked with him many times, one of the nicest guys you’ll meet. Lived an incredible  life but he’s still very modest About it. 

If you’re into exploration stuff. Chris bonnington also has some good books, as does Doug Scott. 

rik mayall

billy Connolly 

robert Webb

Arnold Schwarzenegger 

Serial killer stuff:

Thanks for the suggestions mate 

Rik Mayall :thumb the guy was a comedy genious absolutely cracks me up ,Bottom is a firm favourite of mine (no homo) and thought he was brilliant in Man Down.

1 hour ago, Restless83 said:

I'll search it out mate I find people like him really interesting,people who get things done and push the boundaries.Just watched walking the Amazon with Ed Stafford you seen that? Its a good watch walked the full length of the Amazon took him 860 days need some mental strengh for that.

No, not yet. I've wacked it into my notes so will have a look for it this evening when home from work. Cheers man

Rik Mayall :thumb the guy was a comedy genious absolutely cracks me up ,Bottom is a firm favourite of mine (no homo) and thought he was brilliant in Man Down.

Saw him live in his early days - he was incredible. Kevin Turvey, The Young Ones, The Dangerous Brothers, Bottom - they were all very high calibre and all still funny now.  

Thanks for the suggestions mate 

this is my book from when I met him at a book signing. What a legend. His sense of humour really comes over in the book. Recommended :)

667D5A22-1B47-4FB0-B183-954BFF618C50.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

Saw him live in his early days - he was incredible. Kevin Turvey, The Young Ones, The Dangerous Brothers, Bottom - they were all very high calibre and all still funny now.  

Lucky man to have seen him live.

Brilliant pair up with Ade Edmondson British humour at its finest.

I have one out actually...about the old milli vanilli days of the late 80’s

It’s on sale in Lidl for 97p not a bad price for a book of pure golden experiences!

On 24/09/2020 at 8:45 AM, Pez189 said:

rik mayall

billy Connolly 

robert Webb

Arnold Schwarzenegger 

Serial killer stuff:

@BLUE(UK) a disciple in the making??