Fors331

Argos still out of stock on fitness equipment

Are they serious? Not that I'm after any but thought they would of had stock by now... 

think they have lost a customer with me, failed the fitness community greatly  

Weights just seem to be hardest thing to get in stock for some reason . They probably always get there stock and shipped from different countries. Best places to get them right now is to search through Facebook from workplaces that have started making weights because of the shortage here in England. That’s how I got mine. They look cheap but they are cheap 

1 minute ago, Jackoffblades said:

Weights just seem to be hardest thing to get in stock for some reason . They probably always get there stock and shipped from different countries. Best places to get them right now is to search through Facebook from workplaces that have started making weights because of the shortage here in England. That’s how I got mine. They look cheap but they are cheap 

How cheap cheap? 

Best I can find is like 30+ quid for 1 10kg plate 

@Kazza61 steals all the good deals even tho he's got 2 gyms in his garage, 1 in his shed, 1 in the cellar some weights in the attic and 3 gyms in the garden 

16 hours ago, mrwright said:

How cheap cheap? 

Best I can find is like 30+ quid for 1 10kg plate 

@Kazza61 steals all the good deals even tho he's got 2 gyms in his garage, 1 in his shed, 1 in the cellar some weights in the attic and 3 gyms in the garden 

I got 80kg worth of plates for £200. It’s not loads cheaper but cheapest you’ll get right now because used are being sold for more than when they we’re new 

29 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

I tend to pick up stuff off Gumtree. I don't think it's that popular these days and you get people posting who don't know the value of stuff. Even today I've seen a listing for bench and weights (not Olympic) free to take away. If you can live with standard plates there's loads on there. If it's Olympic plates you want you'll need to be faster than me!

1 minute ago, Saffaboy said:

To be fair, if you're buying your fitness gear from Argos you thoroughly deserve to be disappointed. 

Yeah! I mean what kind of sap jizz buys weights from Argos?

Loads of places still have plates. Rogue are mostly out as are some of the really big suppliers, which is a little surprising.

I'd definitely suggest looking at getting something together soon they way things are going, sadly. Scotland just stopped people from going to other peoples houses FFS.

3 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

I tend to pick up stuff off Gumtree. I don't think it's that popular these days and you get people posting who don't know the value of stuff. Even today I've seen a listing for bench and weights (not Olympic) free to take away. If you can live with standard plates there's loads on there. If it's Olympic plates you want you'll need to be faster than me!

I'll swap you some 5kg plates for a pic of me in the wifes thong

7 hours ago, TERBO said:

Just been to Aldi and Lidl... neither had whistles :rolleyes:

Did you get a backpack to put the whistle in though?

20 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Are they serious? Not that I'm after any but thought they would of had stock by now... 

think they have lost a customer with me, failed the fitness community greatly  

If you weren't planning to buy any, have they really lost a customer??

Last thing I bought from Argos was one of those watches that turns the TV on/off, around 1995

Find a local welder/ metal worker, chances are he will have some bits and pieces he can throw together for you cheap

Danny

Fb Marketplace is the one tbh, argos is for little babies... really want to make my own deadlift platform and get some Olympic plates.. all my other stuff is york cast iron classics

32 minutes ago, elmanio said:

Fb Marketplace is the one tbh, argos is for little babies... really want to make my own deadlift platform and get some Olympic plates.. all my other stuff is york cast iron classics

Yeah seen a fair bit on there too. Very tempted to start buying more kit.... seeing as we are heading towards another lockdown :thumb

Tbh thats exactly what I've done... its enviteable tbh, I work in the catering industry so for me I'll gladly take the time off and get furlough rather than bust my ass for 60 70 hours a week.

Probably bought best part of an extra 80kg worth of york cast iron weights for my set up, been clearing out the garage so can start building the home gym, missus is surprisingly up for it aswell.. 

Seeing alot of kit on fb marketplace, bloke not too far from me selling his entire business and selling brand new okpro bumper weights (100kg) for about 300, I know you could get some more knackered ones but these are new and pretty and have lovely orange text on the side