Lovelyjubly

Cardio alternatives for bodybuilders?

Stair-Stepper, 20 minutes on that at a fast pace 3-4 times a week is golden. I’m left blowing out my arse and dripping with sweat. 

I hate cardio but you’ve got to do it. :thumbup1:

I do kettlebell work, Bag work, tyre flipping and sled pull/push (my fave), and sometimes do the cosgrove complex sets. Lastly I do 3 sets of this-15 ohp with a kettlebell, 15 body squats, 15 press ups, then again but 14, then 13, 12, 10 and work down to 1.

Depends how I’m feeling as to which of the above I do. Oh! Also do regular walking every day, normal pace.

occasionally swimming but not so keen on that.

I'm not a bodybuilder by the way, I just like training. 

I'm not a bodybuilder just lift weights  but I used to cycle to work a couple times a week. 

I stopped doing it for a bit so need to get back into it. 

I find cardio in the gym boring so outdoor stuff like cycling or hiking is far better for me. 

Why do "bodybuilders" require different cardio?  Also, unless you look like a super heavyweight stage-ready pro in waiting, don't call yourself a bodybuilder and stop thinking what applies to them does to you. It's uncouth and cringeworthy. 

6 minutes ago, Saffaboy said:

Why do "bodybuilders" require different cardio?  Also, unless you look like a super heavyweight stage-ready pro in waiting, don't call yourself a bodybuilder and stop thinking what applies to them does to you. It's uncouth and cringeworthy. 

How could you be so uncouth!

Andy Dufrain! Shawshank redemption 

I take my dogs for walks.

Usually a couple of miles at a time, maybe 3 times a day depending on the weather. Sometimes 5-6 miles round the local forest park if the weather is suitable.

If the weather is really bad and they refuse to move I have been known to use the bikes at the gym but indoor cardio is a last resort. 

2 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

What’s wrong with high rep squats and deadlifts?

I have genuinely wondered this for years. A good high rep set of squats can leave you breathless for a couple of minutes but is it cardio or is it simply the body just trying to recover from an extremely anaerobic event? Would be interesting to know the amount of calories burnt during say a set of 20 med/heavy squats and what that equaled in time on a stationary bike.

strongman cardio is the best cardio .. not just for strongman either, I'd encourage anyone to give it a go .. it makes cardio more fun and you're still working the muscles with heavyish weights

farmers/frame carries, duckwalks, sandbag carries, super yokes, arm over arm pulls, loading medleys .. etc

7 minutes ago, JLawson90 said:

strongman cardio is the best cardio .. not just for strongman either, I'd encourage anyone to give it a go .. it makes cardio more fun and you're still working the muscles with heavyish weights

farmers/frame carries, duckwalks, sandbag carries, super yokes, arm over arm pulls, loading medleys .. etc

Strongmen are fat though.  Not a good selling point for walking around the gym like you're trying to keep a slippery turd from escaping your over-stretched anus. 

38 minutes ago, Saffaboy said:

Strongmen are fat though.  Not a good selling point for walking around the gym like you're trying to keep a slippery turd from escaping your over-stretched anus. 

cant quite tell if you're trolling or just thick as f**k .. hmm

42 minutes ago, Saffaboy said:

But the threads about cardio. You can have a bit of a belly but still have good cardio. Also you can have low bodyfat with terrible cardio. 

10 minutes ago, Saffaboy said:

Are you an offended fat strongman?  

are you a weak small man? I suggest you have a look at strongman these days, gone are the days of fat men standing still 90% of the time