Technoir

Advice on bulk cycle progress

Hi all

I have been on a bulk cycle now for 12 out of a planned 16 weeks, I really struggle to see any changes in mirror or pictures perhaps having a mild case of body dysmorphia.  I see a lot of ppl both online and in the gym making some amazing gains and it almost feels like i never hit the same results, I wanted to show my progress stats wise here as im not comfortable to share pictures and see if you guys think i have unrealistic expectations.

Ive just turned 40 so know i cant expect what someone in their 20s can achieve and i have to work twice as hard as they do.  

Cycle - 500 test e , 400 Mast E, 400 EQ, week last 4 weeks i added 200mg tren ace. 

Weight - at start i was 195-197ish lbs coming off a cut where i was a low as 193.  Very quickly within 1st month i went to 207lbs then i kinda held there for while before then moving to 214-15ish which i cannot seem to move from.  My body fat at the start was around 14% im clearly softer now and would say i must have put on around at least 5lb of fat maybe more.

Diet - ive been totally on point 3600-4000 calories a day , 95% clean foods, supplementation is also spot on.

Training - I changed to a High intensity style for this bulk and have been training very hard, all lifts have week after week either more weight or reps eg inc bench has gone from sets of 100kg for 9 to 130kg for 9/10, Deadlift an extra 30kg 

Measurements - i didnt take measurements at the start but the first ones were almost 5 weeks or so in ,  ive pretty much gained at least 1/2 and inch in most areas , with calves gaining 1inch, chest 2 inch ,however quads have been pretty static

So i guess im asking for a man of my age are these gains decent or am i total wrong expecting more on this amount of juice ? One of my biggest problems is when i look in the mirror and struggle to even feel like i look like i train which makes me constantly question if im wasting my time with total dedication to this and what i visualise looking like will never ever come. 

56 minutes ago, Technoir said:

Hi all

I have been on a bulk cycle now for 12 out of a planned 16 weeks, I really struggle to see any changes in mirror or pictures perhaps having a mild case of body dysmorphia.  I see a lot of ppl both online and in the gym making some amazing gains and it almost feels like i never hit the same results, I wanted to show my progress stats wise here as im not comfortable to share pictures and see if you guys think i have unrealistic expectations.

Ive just turned 40 so know i cant expect what someone in their 20s can achieve and i have to work twice as hard as they do.  

Cycle - 500 test e , 400 Mast E, 400 EQ, week last 4 weeks i added 200mg tren ace. 

Weight - at start i was 195-197ish lbs coming off a cut where i was a low as 193.  Very quickly within 1st month i went to 207lbs then i kinda held there for while before then moving to 214-15ish which i cannot seem to move from.  My body fat at the start was around 14% im clearly softer now and would say i must have put on around at least 5lb of fat maybe more.

Diet - ive been totally on point 3600-4000 calories a day , 95% clean foods, supplementation is also spot on.

Training - I changed to a High intensity style for this bulk and have been training very hard, all lifts have week after week either more weight or reps eg inc bench has gone from sets of 100kg for 9 to 130kg for 9/10, Deadlift an extra 30kg 

Measurements - i didnt take measurements at the start but the first ones were almost 5 weeks or so in ,  ive pretty much gained at least 1/2 and inch in most areas , with calves gaining 1inch, chest 2 inch ,however quads have been pretty static

So i guess im asking for a man of my age are these gains decent or am i total wrong expecting more on this amount of juice ? One of my biggest problems is when i look in the mirror and struggle to even feel like i look like i train which makes me constantly question if im wasting my time with total dedication to this and what i visualise looking like will never ever come. 

As much as drugs, diet and training will help you look the best YOU can, everyone’s expectations of how they’re going to look differ and this is ultimately down to genetics and the hand we’re all dealt. 

The fact your main exercises have gone up excessively in terms of weight clearly means you’re making progress.

It bottles down to 3 things, change your diet/training if it’s not working, more drugs, or just be happy where you’re at mate. 

44 minutes ago, Technoir said:

Hi all

It’s very hard to gauge progress without seeing the body. With that said, if your lifts have progressed in the manner they have, assuming form has not changed, then it is a fair assumption that you have gained lean tissue.

Its hard to be any more objective than this without knowing how you look though. I recommend taking weekly pictures if you can as when you look at day 1 versus day 120... you will know just how much you have changed.

@Technoir You’re progress seems fine if you’re a few cycles/blasts in. Measurements sound good, weights going up. 
If you feel you’ve stalled, try changing rep range

Do you have progress photos.?  look at them and judge progress from these instead of relying on scales. If you don’t, then start taking them Bud. Good luck :thumbup1:

Progress appears good but as above pics needed. Just chop your head off the photos, it’s all anonymous. It’s the only way I can see progress. Whenever I think I’m going nowhere (given gyms haven’t been open that long and I pretty much looked like I wouldn’t even know what a gym was when I went back) I just go back to my pictures from lockdown end and compare to today......

and realise I look fu**ing mint.... :lol:

3 hours ago, Walsallmuscle said:

Fake gear ? Which pharma are you using ?

How would it be fake gear the guys inc bench went from 100kg for 9 to 130kg for 9 in 12 weeks . That’s a lot of progress even for a first cycle imo.

Thanks all i never take progress photos as i really hate the way i look in pictures , but i guess going forward its something im going to have to get over.

Its 100% legit gear ive had my bloods done 3 times on cycle and levels are where to be expected.

This isnt a first cycle BTW , ive been cycling on a off for a few years.  

I'm definitely making progress with my lifts so there has to be lean tissue progress , i think my body type which i have a strongman sort of look vs chizzled bod kinda makes it harder to see the gains.  I think its all mental here but I appreciate the advice.

6 hours ago, Technoir said:

Hi all

Trust me any one who is in your position feels the same way most of the time , it’s path of the course with bodybuilding and that will never  change if you looked in the mirror and was over the moon you wouldn’t continue to drive forwards, this sport is as much mental as anything else 

you sound like your doing well to me lifts up , weight up maintaining a decent body fat , there is no hard and fast rule of what you should or shouldn’t gain we are all different and there are too many factors to take into account why everybody’s results differ . 

i would say it’s been a good  result and if every cycle went that way within 3 years you would be a beast this sport is a marathon not a sprint and that doesn’t matter what age your are 

I’m currently making great gains mid bulk cycle and I’m a 50 year old man  age is really not an issue in the chase for your goals if you have everything in place and the right mindset only good things will happen 

stick with it and we’ll done I say 

5 minutes ago, Technoir said:

Thanks all i never take progress photos as i really hate the way i look in pictures , but i guess going forward its something im going to have to get over.

Its 100% legit gear ive had my bloods done 3 times on cycle and levels are where to be expected.

This isnt a first cycle BTW , ive been cycling on a off for a few years.  

I'm definitely making progress with my lifts so there has to be lean tissue progress , i think my body type which i have a strongman sort of look vs chizzled bod kinda makes it harder to see the gains.  I think its all mental here but I appreciate the advice.

Sounds like dropping your BF % would go some way towards dealing with the body dysmorphia issue.

Just now, Rwhulkster said:

Trust me any one who is in your position feels the same way most of the time , it’s path of the course with bodybuilding and that will never  change if you looked in the mirror and was over the moon you wouldn’t continue to drive forwards, this sport is as much mental as anything else 

you sound like your doing well to me lifts up , weight up maintaining a decent body fat , there is no hard and fast rule of what you should or shouldn’t gain we are all different and there are too many factors to take into account why everybody’s results differ . 

i would say it’s been a good  result and if every cycle went that way within 3 years you would be a beast this sport is a marathon not a sprint and that doesn’t matter what age your are 

I’m currently making great gains mid bulk cycle and I’m a 50 year old man  age is really not an issue in the chase for your goals if you have everything in place and the right mindset only good things will happen 

stick with it and we’ll done I say 

Sorry I meant too add as side side not on your current calories have you maintained high carbs or the same carbs every day this can stall gains on a longer bulk due to blunting the Body’s  insulin response and also have you used a GDA on higher carb days which can also help greatly to keep gains coming 

ive pretty much done the same level of carbs daily , the only difference is on training days i have an additional 100g post training.  Ive never used a GDA before perhaps ill give it a try is there one you recommend ?

23 hours ago, Rwhulkster said:

Sorry I meant too add as side side not on your current calories have you maintained high carbs or the same carbs every day this can stall gains on a longer bulk due to blunting the Body’s  insulin response and also have you used a GDA on higher carb days which can also help greatly to keep gains coming 

Would u say 500mg metformin with three carb rich meals would help get my sensitivity back on track ? Really wanna beast these last 4 weeks of the bulk 

5 hours ago, Technoir said:

Would u say 500mg metformin with three carb rich meals would help get my sensitivity back on track ? Really wanna beast these last 4 weeks of the bulk 

From what I know of metformin I’m sure it would be a good idea but I don’t have any personal experience with it myself 

You sound like you’ve been making linear progress. I would of added oxys and NPP the last few weeks not tren ace. That said your on it now throw in superdrol at the end. 

On 20/09/2020 at 3:59 PM, Rwhulkster said:

One more question what would I expect to see blood glucose level wise if I was insulin resistant my fasting level this morning was 5.2 I'm not sure what I'm looking for 

8 hours ago, Technoir said:

One more question what would I expect to see blood glucose level wise if I was insulin resistant my fasting level this morning was 5.2 I'm not sure what I'm looking for 

Does your username come from the bar in Terminator? 

On 23/09/2020 at 5:15 AM, Technoir said:

Sorry for the delay , that level is fine and shows no signs that you are insulin resistant, anything up to 5.6 is considered within a normal range