Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BUFFMAN

Next Gen Consoles

Recommended Posts

Anyone going to bother?

 

At £450 I think I'll give it a miss.  You are basically paying for the worse version of the console (slimmer, more reliable ones will be out within 2-3 years), plus with very few decent games at launch.  Me and the kids only picked up a Playstation 4 last Christmas, and there are still loads of really good/cheap games to be found.  Other thing that puts me off the new consoles, is the graphics haven't really jumped that far, feel like we are at a bit of a brick wall with gaming (graphics wise).

Also got a baby on the way, so spending £450 on a console would piss the mrs off :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played the original Xbox s**t loads. 360 quite a bit. Xbox one, just use it to watch Netflix and Amazon, so will probably give this one a miss.

Forked out 700 quid for PS4 with vr head set  and controllers after having a go on one. Ended up selling it a year later after not using it.

Are they going to be 4k?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denied said:

Played the original Xbox s**t loads. 360 quite a bit. Xbox one, just use it to watch Netflix and Amazon, so will probably give this one a miss.

Forked out 700 quid for PS4 with vr head set  and controllers after having a go on one. Ended up selling it a year later after not using it.

Are they going to be 4k?

Yeah I think so, I know they have 4K Blu Ray players, so I reckon some of the games will run in 4K, especially the bigger titles. 

 

Funnily enough we got a VR set at Christmas, and I recently set it up again when my nephew came to visit, forgot how good it is, especially for horror games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im interested but at that price. No.
Maybe when it comes down abit I will consider it, don’t play games enough to justify it. Graphics and the games I’ve seen so far do look sick though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pez189 said:

Im interested but at that price. No.
Maybe when it comes down abit I will consider it, don’t play games enough to justify it. Graphics and the games I’ve seen so far do look sick though. 

I reckon I'll bite around the £250 mark, which admittedly could be YEARS away.  But it's ok, I like retro gaming, so I'm used to sticking with the older games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ByTheNumbers said:

It's not the price of the console that puts me off. I heard the games are going to be about £70 a pop, no thanks.

 

I grew up in the Super Nintendo/Sega Megadrive era, that was the norm back then, and that was the frigging 90's.  But back then getting a new game was a real rare treat, it's not like today where you could just walk into CEX, and pick up games for £3 a pop.  Kids have got it easy today :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, never really look at the latest consoles. Always wait a few years till price is much cheaper

plus I’m too far behind all my mates who have played Xbox/PlayStation their whole life..to where everyone’s too competitive on cod/fifa for me to enjoy playing...and no way I’m playing fortnight lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aLadNamedAsh said:

Nope, never really look at the latest consoles. Always wait a few years till price is much cheaper

plus I’m too far behind all my mates who have played Xbox/PlayStation their whole life..to where everyone’s too competitive on cod/fifa for me to enjoy playing...and no way I’m playing fortnight lol

Nah I'm the same.  Love football, but FIFA is just not for me, my kid is obsessed with it at the moment.  Don't do the whole Call of Duty thing either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SwoleTip said:

Once it comes out my mates giving me his xbox one for free, I'll just make do with that, and then I'll take his next gen console when he's done with that in 10 years

That's pretty much how it works with me and my old man.  He's not much of a gamer, but I let him have my N64 with Zelda, and ever since he'll get a console, just to play the latest Zelda...or maybe the odd Moto GP game, but that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'll get the PS5. Switched from Xbox this gen because the exclusives were better. 

Not too fussed about the price, to be honest. With what they're sticking in it hardware and software wise, it's a fair price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIFA is pretty much the only game I'm interested in these days and it's hard to justify a top of the range console for a footy game, when in reality the differences in quality will be negligible for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fina said:

If the graphics were anywhere near PC I would, not that I ever play.

Rest assured that it won't be. It will have AMD RDNA 2 GPU which is inferior to Nvidia's RTX 30-series and that's just this year. Next year I bet Nvidia is gonna pump some steroids into their lineup and leave PS5 in dust even further.

Consoles are poor man's gaming. Their prices are subsidized, but then they get their money and then some from selling games. Vendor lock-in, folks, avoid it whenever you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, neverminder said:

Rest assured that it won't be. It will have AMD RDNA 2 GPU which is inferior to Nvidia's RTX 30-series and that's just this year. Next year I bet Nvidia is gonna pump some steroids into their lineup and leave PS5 in dust even further.

Consoles are poor man's gaming. Their prices are subsidized, but then they get their money and then some from selling games. Vendor lock-in, folks, avoid it whenever you can.

I doubt the graphics will be far off if not better than a PC for 450 quid 

 

 

I'll get one probably not straight away unless the wife pre orders but I'll get one 

Used the game pass 'hack' to get ultimate so don't have to worry about cost of games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrwright said:

I doubt the graphics will be far off if not better than a PC for 450 quid 

 

 

I'll get one probably not straight away unless the wife pre orders but I'll get one 

Used the game pass 'hack' to get ultimate so don't have to worry about cost of games 

Consoles will never have better graphics than a PC. PC always updates and by time the new consoles come out the pc would have better looking games. That pattern has happened through the history of gaming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrwright said:

I doubt the graphics will be far off if not better than a PC for 450 quid 

 

 

I'll get one probably not straight away unless the wife pre orders but I'll get one 

Used the game pass 'hack' to get ultimate so don't have to worry about cost of games 

Better than a PC? :lol: Here's my PC, when I assembled it, it was standing about £3000, take a wild guess if there's a console out there that could beat it, and this one is "average" as far as gaming PCs go:

FrYyc5p.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, neverminder said:

Better than a PC? :lol: Here's my PC, when I assembled it, it was standing about £3000, take a wild guess if there's a console out there that could beat it, and this one is "average" as far as gaming PCs go:

FrYyc5p.jpg

Re read what I said 

Compare it to a 450 quid PC not one 6 times the price 

 

And 3 grand is far from average from gaming pc mine cost me 700 a while back and could ultra most games + mods 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting an Xbox after two decades of playstations.  The games pass is a clear winner, even more so now that I have a gaming PC.  I won't be getting one this year though, there are always issues on initial release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeh I've ordered the ps5 - its gonna be awesome. I also have a 4k TV to support. might have some issues on start up but thats fine, ill just offload the ps5 when the 'updated' version comes a year later or whatever, in saying that I expect most of the bugs to be worked out. 

Personally prefer a console for gaming, and my computer for work. Not a big fan of PC gaming.  I do like the xbox gamings pass in fairness! wish PS would do something. I went for the disk version so I can sell on the games I complete and don't play again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×