UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Next Gen Consoles

271 views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  Youdontknowme 
#1 ·
Anyone going to bother?

At £450 I think I'll give it a miss. You are basically paying for the worse version of the console (slimmer, more reliable ones will be out within 2-3 years), plus with very few decent games at launch. Me and the kids only picked up a Playstation 4 last Christmas, and there are still loads of really good/cheap games to be found. Other thing that puts me off the new consoles, is the graphics haven't really jumped that far, feel like we are at a bit of a brick wall with gaming (graphics wise).

Also got a baby on the way, so spending £450 on a console would piss the mrs off :D

#2 ·
Played the original Xbox s**t loads. 360 quite a bit. Xbox one, just use it to watch Netflix and Amazon, so will probably give this one a miss.

Forked out 700 quid for PS4 with vr head set and controllers after having a go on one. Ended up selling it a year later after not using it.

Are they going to be 4k?

#3 ·
Played the original Xbox s**t loads. 360 quite a bit. Xbox one, just use it to watch Netflix and Amazon, so will probably give this one a miss.

Forked out 700 quid for PS4 with vr head set and controllers after having a go on one. Ended up selling it a year later after not using it.

Are they going to be 4k?
Yeah I think so, I know they have 4K Blu Ray players, so I reckon some of the games will run in 4K, especially the bigger titles.

Funnily enough we got a VR set at Christmas, and I recently set it up again when my nephew came to visit, forgot how good it is, especially for horror games.

#5 ·
Im interested but at that price. No.
Maybe when it comes down abit I will consider it, don't play games enough to justify it. Graphics and the games I've seen so far do look sick though.
I reckon I'll bite around the £250 mark, which admittedly could be YEARS away. But it's ok, I like retro gaming, so I'm used to sticking with the older games.

#7 ·
I grew up in the Super Nintendo/Sega Megadrive era, that was the norm back then, and that was the frigging 90's. But back then getting a new game was a real rare treat, it's not like today where you could just walk into CEX, and pick up games for £3 a pop. Kids have got it easy today :D

#8 ·
Nope, never really look at the latest consoles. Always wait a few years till price is much cheaper

plus I'm too far behind all my mates who have played Xbox/PlayStation their whole life..to where everyone's too competitive on cod/fifa for me to enjoy playing...and no way I'm playing fortnight lol

#9 ·
Nope, never really look at the latest consoles. Always wait a few years till price is much cheaper

plus I'm too far behind all my mates who have played Xbox/PlayStation their whole life..to where everyone's too competitive on cod/fifa for me to enjoy playing...and no way I'm playing fortnight lol
Nah I'm the same. Love football, but FIFA is just not for me, my kid is obsessed with it at the moment. Don't do the whole Call of Duty thing either.

#16 ·
Rest assured that it won't be. It will have AMD RDNA 2 GPU which is inferior to Nvidia's RTX 30-series and that's just this year. Next year I bet Nvidia is gonna pump some steroids into their lineup and leave PS5 in dust even further.

Consoles are poor man's gaming. Their prices are subsidized, but then they get their money and then some from selling games. Vendor lock-in, folks, avoid it whenever you can.

#30 ·
I've always been PlayStation aswell, but This games pass seems a massive advantage to Xbox and surely PlayStation will have to consider something similar or will lose custom?

I'm not really familiar with xbox or the games pass though.. I read it's 100+ games for £10 month, but are these the big names/decent games? And will the new games You want to play be included? I mean if it's £120 a year and a new game is £60-70 to buy then it's obviously a Massive money saver.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
yeh I've ordered the ps5 - its gonna be awesome. I also have a 4k TV to support. might have some issues on start up but thats fine, ill just offload the ps5 when the 'updated' version comes a year later or whatever, in saying that I expect most of the bugs to be worked out.

Personally prefer a console for gaming, and my computer for work. Not a big fan of PC gaming. I do like the xbox gamings pass in fairness! wish PS would do something. I went for the disk version so I can sell on the games I complete and don't play again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.